Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Gabriel

Most Common Dollfie Dream

Gabriel

Which do you think is the most common Dollfie Dream model?

From what I see online (which admittedly can be a pretty inaccurate way of looking at things), it looks like Miku is at least in the top running. It also seems most collectors have a Saber variant or two. Counterintuitively, it doesn't seem Stanards pop up very much at all (or are at least so heavily customized that my eye doesn't recognize them).

So, for those who have a wider outside of the electronic box experience, what do you think?

baldylox

I think that by far, the 01 head is the most prolific DD out there. They are easily modded, can work on almost any body size or shape and just work so well for so many styles and looks.

But if you're only talking about pre-made girls like characters and such then yeah, Miku seems very popular. There *are* a lot of Sabers out there but not in the abundance of Miku at least from what I've seen.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Ayanami

I'd also guess that the DD Miku is probably the most popular doll since she's relatively easy to get (even for European collectors), she's a character from a popular series (vocaloid) and her price didn't rise that much in the aftermarket. Kinda like the perfect beginner's doll ;D

Galvatim

Yeah, Miku and Saber turn up the most. Saber Alter has to be close to Miku's production numbers, after 3 versions. I'll agree that the DDH-01 is pretty popular, but I feel like I've seen about as many DDH-02 heads out there. I know I'm not the only one here with 3 or more 02 girls.

Mizuumi-no-Otome

I'd agree on Miku. I don't follow DD that closely or lurk in many DD forums/groups but Miku is almost inescapable in the doll community when it comes to DDs. I don't even care much for Vocaloid stuff but I still considered getting the first run LOL

amarantinenoir

I have to agree, Miku and Saber. In terms of stock heads, I also agree 01 is super popular. Y!AJ is usually a good place to find them, modded and customized. I actually almost forget it's the same head most of the time, because they open the eyes so much. Very versatile. :3

Sadie89

Like everyone said,Miku is a really "common" doll. My first (and for now only) DD is a Miku! She really was the perfect beginner doll for me: there are so many around that I felt no guilt selling her default outfit and customising her a bit.

I see a lot of Saber doll and also many Rin/Len around,but they’re all easily recognisable sculpts so it’s probably easier to spot them compared to standard models that have been modded a lot.

tennyorb

For now I'd say it's Miku due to the all related models are preodered stuff. Despite the Saber is recurring model as well, most of existing Sabers were limited products. Assuming Volks will release future Saber models as preordered products like the newest Saber addition, the numbers of Miku and Saber models that flood the market may be comparable.

I own neither Miku nor Saber as I hold no like for both characters, but I do admire Saber Lily's official armored attire and had bid a separated armor from the Y!AJ.

Edited by Guest

galatia9

I will second Bellatrix and agree that DDH-03 (Yukino) is also popular.

I have a Saber, a DDH-03, a DDH-01 a DDH-06 and a DDH-02. I would like a Miku!!

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

Eiko82

Aside from Miku and Saber, I think a DD06 is pretty common.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Mega Negi

Given how high maintenance she is, I don't think Miku is a good beginner dollfie. Good god, her hair is a handful. Also keeping her headphones and hair bands from falling off every 5 minutes is a juggling act.

Singer Yuna

I think on the licensed characters Miku is the most abundant (due to the tons of chances of getting one plus her variants), then Saber Faces and then Sheryl Nome. There are so much Sheryl beauties out there, even several male Sheryls.

For the numbered heads, I’d say DDH01 by far, then DDH06 (she is the best under my point of view) and then DDH03 in all her versions.

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

Gabriel

I don't recall if I ever posted anything about this, but several months ago I was browsing on MFC and seeing how many people had listed DDs which I also own as parts of their collection.

Basic Miku is the most common single doll, which is unsurprising considering how many releases she's had.  But when you start counting variants, then things get interesting.

Saberfaces are the most common type of owned DDs on MFC.  Ominously, when I added all the various variant's owner counts up, I came up with 666 owners of Saberfaces.  DD Saber must therefore be the Beast.

By comparison, the two Miku variants (basic and snow) only add up to 540.  But we've got two Miku variants on the way, so I'm sure Miku will stomp Saber's numbers.

The least owned DDs in my collection according to MFC are Freyja and Candy.

Candy barely cracks double digits on MFC with 12 owners split over 4 different variants released over the course of 16 years.

Freyja can't even manage to crack double digits with only 9 owners.

• Thanks 1

Galvatim

Haha, that's crazy!  Roman emperor Nero is closely related to the number 666, and guess who Saber Extra is?  Clearly, it's a conspiracy by Type-Moon and Volks to promote Nero's "umu!" agenda. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

michinyan

miku, saber, 01, 09.

sahn

I think there are a lot of people who own Miku but probably don't consider themselves to be doll fans, more like fans of Miku who treat the doll more like a large anime figurine (just leaving her in her default costume). I've seen the Miku DD being advertised at Miku Expo the times I've gone and each time Volks USA has restocked her. Her popularity is understandable though, she looks very lovely on top of being such an iconic character.

It's convenient to buy a complete doll from Volks so I think character dolls are more appealing to most folk rather than customizing. 

SeirenMachina

I'd agree that Miku is super popular from what I've seen, she's ludicruosly easy to get hold of in an availability sense. She has a very versatile sculpt when you're looking at customs, and the character is an international phenomenon in a way that many of Volks character dolls simply aren't. I would like a Miku too, maybe two! Especially with the amount of outfits she has available and the future of Vocaloid dolls being pretty guaranteed. 

Saber would be the second most popular, especially with the latest pre-order project. "Saber" isn't a single sculpt though; so if the data takes Saber Lily into account (for example) it might be slightly skewed. Though you would be right in saying "Saber" is the most populous character. I think she as a character also had the most sustained re-releases too throughout the years, taking into account all of her incarnations (Alter, Nero, Lily, Blue Saber). I imagine they'll keep going because those Type-Moon girls are really popular; next will likely be Mordred or Okita. I'd love to see them so other servants like Caster but 🤷‍♀️

As far as standards go 01 and 03 seem very popular to me. They've been around for a very very long time and Yukino always seemed more endearing than Aoi. Nowadays I think the 09 is gaining traction likely because of its versatility (also really reminds me of Saber's head, maybe not a coincidence?) and the 07 is very popular for the same reason. The 07 head, at least from what I've seen, is also used for a lot of male hybrids because of its more angular features. On the flip side of that, the 05 seems to be the least popular to me, which is a shame because I really like it and I would love to see more of it. 

merry-go-round

We see a lot of miku, Sheryl, Saber and mod (ddh 09 06 01).  

😉And I add by answering differently to the question.  The desired dolls in common are sasara, mikii and rise.

At home : Hanae (DDS Chihaya)