Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
LynaLune

Black dot on leg.

LynaLune

My SmartDoll has this random black speck on her leg that won't come off with a magic eraser. I tried Removezit for a day to see if it would lighten it up a bit but it didn't. I have no idea how it got there because I only dressed her in light clothes.

BeyondTime

I can't speak to Removezit in particular, but stain removal can take days before you see any real progress. I always Dream Rescue, so I can't say how to properly use Removezit, but I have yet to run into a stain I couldn't remove with time.

Even my Snow Miku's stains from the Sebonzakura Boots, that I though were hopeless, have finally faded with several weeks of stain treatment. I had given up, but then Baldylox told me that foot stains take longer due to the hardness of the vinyl, and sure enough it just took giving it more time to work.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

jadepixel

It can take a couple weeks of treatment to remove dark spots. You have to follow the instructions for removezit and keep reapplying it. As for where these spots come from? Who knows! I think there's dust in the air that could be the source. I stopped using my electric pencil sharpener since I was convinced it was the source, but sometimes it still happens. I don't want to keep my dolls in their boxes or glass cases, so I just learned not to stress too much about it.

LynaLune
It can take a couple weeks of treatment to remove dark spots. You have to follow the instructions for removezit and keep reapplying it. As for where these spots come from? Who knows! I think there's dust in the air that could be the source. I stopped using my electric pencil sharpener since I was convinced it was the source, but sometimes it still happens. I don't want to keep my dolls in their boxes or glass cases, so I just learned not to stress too much about it.

Do you put cling wrap over the areas with Removezit or do you let it air out and then reapply on top? I stopped after a day because I noticed the vinyl was slightly puffed or raised where I had applied the RemoveZit. Is that normal?

I can't speak to Removezit in particular, but stain removal can take days before you see any real progress. I always Dream Rescue, so I can't say how to properly use Removezit, but I have yet to run into a stain I couldn't remove with time.

Even my Snow Miku's stains from the Sebonzakura Boots, that I though were hopeless, have finally faded with several weeks of stain treatment. I had given up, but then Baldylox told me that foot stains take longer due to the hardness of the vinyl, and sure enough it just took giving it more time to work.

I have used Dream Rescue a few times but I decided to switch to RemoveZit because it seemed to work better. It's good to hear those stains faded, my Miku also has some boot stains that I'm trying to remove too.

BeyondTime

I have used Dream Rescue a few times but I decided to switch to RemoveZit because it seemed to work better. It's good to hear those stains faded, my Miku also has some boot stains that I'm trying to remove too.

Her feet and legs got the same degree of stain, and it took me about about 2 weeks to clean up her legs. Her feet are going to take maybe 4 or 5 weeks. I think my Yukiho's feet are going to take longer, but her stains are much worse.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

scripple

I've generally found that lots of treatments are unnecessary. What I do now is treat a stain a few times then stop, wash the part with soap and water and ignore the remaining stain. I can't recall a time the stain hasn't continued to fade over the next few weeks. Much less hassle than repeatedly treating a part for weeks on end.

BeyondTime
I've generally found that lots of treatments are unnecessary. What I do now is treat a stain a few times then stop, wash the part with soap and water and ignore the remaining stain. I can't recall a time the stain hasn't continued to fade over the next few weeks. Much less hassle than repeatedly treating a part for weeks on end.

I find that this is true, but only once the stain has been significantly faded with treatment. In the case of my Snow Miku her foot stains were treated multiple times, and after I saw no real progress and gave up they didn't fade away, even after 6+ months.

LynaLune

I was able to remove some of the stains completely from Miku, except for two on her legs but they are pretty faded. I'm trying more RemoveZit on my Smart Doll and leaving it for a few days to see what happens... two more dots showed up on her knee and hand and I don't know where they could be coming from??

K-2
two more dots showed up on her knee and hand and I don't know where they could be coming from??

Ah, the elusive Mystery Stain!

These are probably from airborne contaminants that have landed on the doll. They maybe from sources inside or outside of your house. They could be from specks of lint from a garment, little bits of dust coated with cooking oil (from smoke), a tiny piece of asphalt from the road construction down the street, or just about anything that can get airborne, enter your house and fall on your doll. They are just one of those things that can happen no matter how many precautions you take. About all you can do is treat them once they appear.

And maybe clean the filter in the furnace/AC unit and keep the windows shut.

MVSig.jpg

LynaLune
two more dots showed up on her knee and hand and I don't know where they could be coming from??

Ah, the elusive Mystery Stain!

These are probably from airborne contaminants that have landed on the doll. They maybe from sources inside or outside of your house. They could be from specks of lint from a garment, little bits of dust coated with cooking oil (from smoke), a tiny piece of asphalt from the road construction down the street, or just about anything that can get airborne, enter your house and fall on your doll. They are just one of those things that can happen no matter how many precautions you take. About all you can do is treat them once they appear.

And maybe clean the filter in the furnace/AC unit and keep the windows shut.

Thanks for the tips! I'll keep that in mind. The random dots are really frustrating.