Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

cfx

Smart Doll elf ears

MegWesley

Those elf ears are so cute! I am seriously contemplating picking some up even though I have no other smart doll stuff. We will see how things go tomorrow. I might end up getting myself a new year's gift.

Home: Hatsune Miku ♡

Kodama
Which skin tone would match DD normal skin?

Definitely MILK. My Kita, (DD-II, 06 head) is pretty much a match for the skin tone of my Chitose..

I find you may have to do a little milling on the inside of the elf ears to fit the ear on either a Smart Doll or a DD to get it to fit without a gap.. I found the "hooks" not very stable, so I shaved them off and used a thick CA glue to stick them on permanently..

• Like 1

Innocentsake

The elf ears are really adorable. Would SmD Tan be too dark on a Tan Angel Philia? If anyone happens to know the answer

Catzs101

I love the elf ears. I definitely hope to get some someday!

darlingdeers
On 12/24/2018 at 11:53 AM, Innocentsake said:

Would SmD Tan be too dark on a Tan Angel Philia?

Aren't Angel Philia 1/4 instead of 1/3? I feel like the scaling would be off, sadly. 

Jezrah

For anyone who bought these early on, do the ears actually go on over the doll's actual ears? The ones I've got are basically almost flat and can only be sort of hung in front of the doll's ears, but not actually cover them.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Innocentsake
On 3/4/2020 at 9:29 PM, Jezrah said:

For anyone who bought these early on, do the ears actually go on over the doll's actual ears? The ones I've got are basically almost flat and can only be sort of hung in front of the doll's ears, but not actually cover them.

Nope they don't cover the actual ears. I was actually surprised when I got them from someone on IG since I had never actually seen the elf ears not on a doll. Like you said it's just flat with a slight imprint of the front of the SmD ear. I actually decided to attach mine to my Tea Chitose with Elmer's glue since it is water soluble so I can take em off later if necessary. I put a very generous amount in the crevices of the ear and on the hooks that go under the wig. Wait for the glue to start getting tacky then press it against the head and hold it for a few long minutes (might have been like 10-15 mins) till the glue begins to dry. Worked like a charm so I don't have to worry about them falling off. Unless you are using a SmD wig (or a wig that is just as tight) the hook method that is intended for these won't work so I went for glue 😊

Edited by Innocentsake

Jezrah

Thanks for the info @Innocentsake. I was saddened when I got mine because they are just flat. Depending on the wig style, if you turn the head any way but facing front you can still see their original ears. For me, when I decide to give a doll elf ears, it becomes a part of their character and is more permanent,  so these cosplay type ears don't really help me. My choices would be to remove the original ears entirely and epoxy glue these ears over the holes that would make, or just not use them and epoxy sculpt new ears over their original ones, which involves color matching. 

It was especially sad since I feel like the ears on Smart Doll heads are similar enough, even on different sculpts, that a slip on ear could have worked. So this decision was probably just a way to keep people from complaining that the fit for a slip on ear wasn't perfect on every head.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg