Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Manoogany

Broken hip joint! Obitsu 65

Manoogany

Not sure why but after sitting my obitsu s

65 boy I felt a snap and sure enough after undressing him I found that his hip rod had snapped clean off!

Obitsu does not make spare parts for these dolls, so I'm hardcore panicking right now!

Does anyone know if I can hybrid mabey a dollfie dream hip Frame or a smaller obitsu hip for him?

growcian

Without seeing any pictures of what went wrong, I don't know if the following will work for you.

Get a pin vise, a rigid metal rod, a drill bit with the same diameter as the rod, epoxy glue, and a hacksaw.

Use the pin vise and drill bit to drill into the area where the hip snapped on one of the pieces. Once you drill that hole, insert the rod to get an idea how deep you drilled. If you're satisfied with how deep the rod went in, mark the rod with a marker, tape, etc., to tell you how much of the other end of the rod you want to go in to the other piece. Use your hacksaw to cut the rod to the appropriate length. Insert the rod back into the piece you drilled.

Drill a hole in the other piece. Once you feel it's deep enough, fit the piece onto the other end of the rod you cut. You may need to drill a deeper hole or cut the rod again, depending on what you did.

It might be easier to say to yourself you should drill a 2 cm deep hole into both sides of the broken hip joint and then cut the rod so it will have a length of 3.8 cm to 4.0 cm. I'm just throwing out numbers here. You need to decide the actual length and depth if you take this suggestion.

Once the holes are drilled, the rod is cut, and the pieces fit together, disassemble the pieces, apply epoxy glue into the holes, and then reassemble the pieces you cut and drilled. Leave what you reassembled alone for at least 24 hours.

If the above suggestion doesn't work for you, then the following link might give you some ideas you hadn't thought of yet:

http://blog.doll.cafe/2018/01/frankendollfie-version-4.html

2B_banner01.jpg.962d91244de709d8a9e140bd8ee9ed52.jpg

galatia9

I'm not sure if the inner skeleton parts of the 65cm are interchangeable with the 60cm, but I would examine the broken skeleton part and see if it is identical to the parts sold on Parabox. I have both bodies, I will see if I can find out.

Where did the rod snap?

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

Manoogany
I'm not sure if the inner skeleton parts of the 65cm are interchangeable with the 60cm, but I would examine the broken skeleton part and see if it is identical to the parts sold on Parabox. I have both bodies, I will see if I can find out.

Where did the rod snap?

Linda S.

galatia9

It snapped at the 'T' part of the hip.

One of the prongs that the legs side onto snapped clean off and got stuck inside of the leg shaft.

I'll try and get a better picture of it tonight.

But I ordered the 60cm hip on parabox to see if it would make a good substitute for now even if it's shorter.

Manoogany

Hey everyone I bought two replacement hips the 50cm and the 60cm ones and both do really well and so I fixed my boy.

Its surprising how many parts are compatable with the 60cm body.

The spine and the hips are interchangeable.

galatia9

Good information. Thanks so much for letting us know!! ::)

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2