Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

koolgalblue

Persocom Dollfie!

koolgalblue

Hey! So, I kinda wanted this new project to be on the down low, but, I'm way too excited to share this!

So, as the title goes, I'm making a persocom! Now, It's not one of the main girls, or really any specific persocom from Chobits. But, I still worked kinda hard on her design. Her hair and eyes are basically based on some eyes and a wig from Volks that I liked, as I don't have time to have them custom made/made to order as I'm moving soon, but anyway! Here's her rough skechy sorta concept image!

f80f6c687a63a9e87cfedbd1f1cbdb99-dcms62h.png

So, I'm going to be using an 03 head for her, and I'll just be having her share the same body as my Akira. I really do want to get her the large shapely bust. She will eventually be getting her own body- I just wanted to start this off as a sorta cheaper project that I can finish before my next con!

I'll be using the type J eyes in the color Sumire, and the Long style with curls in pearl silver!

Well, I'll end my super long post here! Thank you for reading!

Currently at home: Kagamine Len, Kirito, 06 head, Akira head.

Monty

I always loved Chobits and the persocom designs, and the vague connection it has to me with dolls (I always think of the scene where Chii wakes up when unboxing a doll (or the part of Angelic Layer where Hikaru first holds Hikaru) but I have yet to see any custom DDs other than Chii so it's cool to see someone wanting to do something else. I think your OC would fit right into the Chobits universe as well.

Do you know what you're going to do for the 'ears' yet?

koolgalblue
I always loved Chobits and the persocom designs, and the vague connection it has to me with dolls (I always think of the scene where Chii wakes up when unboxing a doll (or the part of Angelic Layer where Hikaru first holds Hikaru) but I have yet to see any custom DDs other than Chii so it's cool to see someone wanting to do something else. I think your OC would fit right into the Chobits universe as well.

Do you know what you're going to do for the 'ears' yet?

Thank you so much!! I was honestly feeling the same thing when I was trying to look up some reference photos for ears, or even an idea on how to mod her! But, I decided on using Milliput in white for her ears! I wanted to try for Apoxie sculpt, but I could only find the larger tubs and those were just way too much product, and money for me at the current time!

So, for actually creating her 'ears', I have a sorta rough plan? I'm going to cut off the existing ears, and I'm going to just replace them with the Milliput! I'm pretty sure there's going to be a hole where the ears were, so I was planning on attaching more putty on the inside as well so that It's a little more secure

koolgalblue

So! Big update ahead!!!

First off, I know I said that I'd be using a ddh 03 for this custom, But, I'm going to be using the ddh 08 that I already have! There are a few reasons for this! The first one being that I really want to like the sculpt, and I think that doing a few little tweaks on the head that I personally received will help with that! The second, and largest reason, is that I'm very broke at the moment! So I'd rather her have a proper set of wig and eyes rather than a new head! I really do thin the ddh 08 will suit her just as well as the ddh 03 would have!

So, with that little drabble out of the way, let's get started!!!

The first modification I did was extremely simple, so I didn't take any pictures. My ddh 08 came to me with very thick eye holes, so, I took my exacto blade and just shaved them down a smidge. (I'll get some pictures after I get her ears done!)

So, here's her with her faceup removed and the eyes shaved down! (Just as a fun starting image)

14ccd8a8b0572d493b3c2f0886711cc8-dcn0q76.png

So, I took my exacto blade and removed the vinyl!

6e045e51c3fafb3f798d1070b143e23d-dcn0qe7.png

03014c09a4a4b9a3371e1e37be40ce46-dcn0qhy.png

I wasn't very graceful with this ear....If I were to do this mod again, I'd shave them down much slower. It just creates a smoother base to start with. That's actually what I did with her other ear! Kinda...I still got a tad impatient

dfcc9d1836acc41967a5416904ee3cad-dcn0qlg.png

dollfie_dream_persocom_mod_pt5_by_koolgalblue-dcn0qpw.png

And I actually went back and smoothed out the first ear with the exacto blade a bit.

4ccda3f48df8487efc1f08e92feacc8b-dcn0qwe.png

What I forgot to take pictures of was that I did sand the vinyl around the ear area for a while and got it a tad smoother, but, I'm impatient and figured the area would be covered up anyway, but they are a little smoother than just the exacto cuts.

I then took my white superfine milliput and mixed enough for both ears! A mistake I kinda regret at this moment....I also have like no pictures of this at the moment. I was way too busy with the sticky and messy putty to even think about taking pictures I tried to use gloves at first, but the putty kept sticking to the gloves a ton! So it was impossible to work with. I checked the instructions, and It is safe to sculpt with your hands! Mostly, you just have to wash your hands really well afterwards!

But, after messing with her ear for a while...I realized that it was going to be impossible to work on both ears at once. The milliput really feels more like an over saturated clay when it's first mixed. I was really scared that I was going to either mush the first ear, or that it would just droop while I was working on the second, So I decided against doing them both right now. But, I did get one pretty okay ear!

persacom_mod_pt6_by_koolgalblue-dcn0r18.png

0f8d882db35e4645706a7cb59f31e0d0-dcn0rc3.png

9ed7d0ce3e9eb836d340b7c10f2400af-dcn0rff.png

So, In about 5 hours, I'll be mixing up some more milliput to finish the other ear! But, this is all I was able to get done as of this moment, but I'm already really excited to see the end product!

As always, thank you for reading this! And I hope that you guys are as excited as I am!!!

koolgalblue

So! With today being nearly done, I have some pretty big updates!

The first is that I did get her other ear done yesterday! But...it fell off when I started to sand it.....So, I had to mix up some more of my milliput and I attached her ear more firmly to her head. I also added more putty to the end of the first ear I created, as the second one was a tad longer. But, this is what I ended up with at the end of that process!

0a68564d30f645a8e0c2861879ac0f94-dcn4tou.png

Not pretty, I know But, I sanded all that down so they were both nice and smooth, and looked roughly the same shape! I don't have any good pictures of them blank, and I'm in the process of painting her head, so apologies for that! But, I do have this cute picture of her in my senbonzakura len eyes, and my Akira's wig!

dollfie_dream_persocom_mod_pt11_by_koolgalblue-dcn4ts0.png

Sorry for the lack of pictures, I'll remember to take more pictures when her faceup is finished, and while I sew her outfit!

But thank you for looking at her progress, and I hope you have an awesome day!

Poofiemus

Oh, man, she's gonna be ADORABLE!

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

koolgalblue

Thank you so much!!! I really think so too! This project has honestly gotten me to fall in love with the 08 head

koolgalblue

I finally got her faceup done yesterday! Beware, this isn't even close to her final look! Quite the opposite actually I'm going to be ordering her eyes and wig this week or next week after I get paid. She's gonna have grey hair and light grey-blueish eyes! Anyway, enough of my rambling.

3d68b52b2b75d614aa403ca5f5d73edf-dcn99s6.png

So this is her in Len's extra eyes!

82333c4f59f6ff53a190155b0bbe4bf5-dcn99p5.png

And here she is in my Akira's wig!

All I really have left is to order those extra bits, and make her outfit!

Meggiekarp

She turned out really cute!

I want my own Persocom :<

42bdad38462f9e0e55136363ad50c3e2540275d465b58e2ee287546278681177fbfb1c7dcde945f5da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd8070948bdbe670fb79df22c7754c819f8b53f.png