Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Andrewth23

can anyone help me to find the best place to find

Andrewth23

looking to find anime video game etc outfits for my new doll that i'm building from the ground up

Monty

You are going to have to be a little more specific than that.

Do you mean outfits based on specific characters? Characters that have already been made into DDs (and you just want the clothes?) Characters that haven't been made into DDs (and you want to make your own custom?) Or just outfits that look anime-ish in general?

For the most part, it would need to be commissioned. There are some dealers in Japan that make cosplay outfits (such as GingerTea) but they do very limited runs and so are extremely expensive when they turn up on sites like yahoo auctions.

Hollytastic

I know of some commissioners on IG who have made cosplays for DD in the past.

But it really depends on the price range you're looking for.

Obviously, commissioned outfits are not cheap. (Not that I would expect so with the work that goes into them.)

20blackbags

Is it a school uniform or full out original costume?

School uniforms can be Frankensteined together from other school uniforms that already exist. If it’s a full on original costume from the game than you definitely should find someone to custom make it for you.

It can get pricey depending on the level of details alone. Think about what parts of the costume you need to have custom, and what general clothes you can find to fit the outfit. 

For example recently I decided I needed a Yugioh costume for one of my dolls. However I just commissioned the jacket because thing like a turtleneck and jeans I can find on Etsy. 

Also when commissioning someone look at reviews beforehand. Look for what they have done previously, as well as customer reviews. Some people may do the best work, but have bad communication or frequent lost shipped packages.

Good places to look for commissions seam to be Instagram or Facebook. On Instagram people post what clothes they are currently making and you cans see how long the process take.

On Facebook people have busness accounts for commissions and usually seller feedback.

I don’t know what anime video game you are thinking of but I hope you find what you are looking for.

Edited by 20blackbags