Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
PrinceWolfe

55cm Body

PrinceWolfe

I'm buying the 55cm body from Obitsu for my custom Dollfie Dream boy and i was wondering if the Volks DD hands would fit on their wrist joints? Also does anyone know how to attach the DD head to the Obitsu body so its easy to take on and off? I know certain times when you buy clothing for Dollfie Dreams you have to remove the head, I have to with my Miku but the way Obitsu has their neck joints i dont know if that'd be possible.

K-2
I'm buying the 55cm body from Obitsu for my custom Dollfie Dream boy and I was wondering if the Volks DD hands would fit on their wrist joints?

DD internal hand parts are larger than those of the 55/60cm Obitsu so the DDhands will just fall off. But you can pack clay or eye putty in the DD hand or lightly hot glue them to keep them in place.

Also does anyone know how to attach the DD head to the Obitsu body so its easy to take on and off? I know certain times when you buy clothing for Dollfie Dreams you have to remove the head, I have to with my Miku but the way Obitsu has their neck joints I don't know if that'd be possible.

Here's a tutorial on attaching DD heads to Obitsu neck pieces.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/mimiwoo/archives/51569280.html

The easiest way to remove the head is to keep the head and neck piece together as one piece.

Grab the head over the top, placing your fingers underneath the ears, squeeze tight and pull straight up. A little side to side twisting can help.

To reattach the neck piece/head to the body, look in the neck part of the torso and make sure the little cylindrical stud on the top of the skeleton is centered, then insert the neck piece into the vinyl and re-seat the neck piece on the stud.

Reattaching the neck piece to the body is a breeze. Attaching the head to the neck piece, not so much. So I recommend always leaving the neck piece attached to the head. If you want to swap heads a lot, get a neck piece for each head. It can save you hours of frustration.

MVSig.jpg

Noxxbunny

Did I just get 2-3 pairs of weird DD hands? Everyone says they just fall off, but I've never had that issue. I also can't remove the DD hands from the obitsu wrist part without heat because they're on so tight.

So it may go either way, but they will fit one way or the other lol. Maybe I just keep getting DD hands where they're cutting the hole really small, which can happen.

Seconded on keeping the neck piece on the head at all times though. It is hard to get on at first, but once you got it, it'll stay on really well. Congrats on your DD/Obitsu boy though! I hope you'll post pictures when you get him!

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

PrinceWolfe
Did I just get 2-3 pairs of weird DD hands? Everyone says they just fall off, but I've never had that issue. I also can't remove the DD hands from the obitsu wrist part without heat because they're on so tight.

So it may go either way, but they will fit one way or the other lol. Maybe I just keep getting DD hands where they're cutting the hole really small, which can happen.

Seconded on keeping the neck piece on the head at all times though. It is hard to get on at first, but once you got it, it'll stay on really well. Congrats on your DD/Obitsu boy though! I hope you'll post pictures when you get him!

Of course i'll post pictures! I post a lot of pictures on my Instagram and Flickr of my dollies. As for the hands i guess it just depends on how well molded the pieces are, I can try it out, if it doesn't work then no big deal. Also I love your Kaito Dollfie, He's adorable! I was considering on having a custom Kaito, His style is pretty casual and easy.

Noxxbunny

Of course i'll post pictures! I post a lot of pictures on my Instagram and Flickr of my dollies. As for the hands i guess it just depends on how well molded the pieces are, I can try it out, if it doesn't work then no big deal. Also I love your Kaito Dollfie, He's adorable! I was considering on having a custom Kaito, His style is pretty casual and easy.

Aw, thanks! Kaito is also a DD/Obitsu hybrid boy, so that's why I'm always happy to see more of them!

Kaito was also my first doll, and his casual style certainly helped a lot! I saw your other thread and I hope whichever choice you go with turns out well!

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

PrinceWolfe

Aw, thanks! Kaito is also a DD/Obitsu hybrid boy, so that's why I'm always happy to see more of them!

Kaito was also my first doll, and his casual style certainly helped a lot! I saw your other thread and I hope whichever choice you go with turns out well!

A gender bend Version of Miku would also be adorable! Does the body stain as badly as the Dollfie Dream Body's? I know Obitsu uses like three different variations of vinyl

Noxxbunny

A gender bend Version of Miku would also be adorable! Does the body stain as badly as the Dollfie Dream Body's? I know Obitsu uses like three different variations of vinyl

I also have a Snow Mikuo boy Mikus are really adorable!!

In my experience...the staining isn't as scary as it sounds at all in either DD or Obitsu. Kaito has stained once from a dark blue shirt I didn't pre-wash and then left on him for weeks. Left his stomach faintly blue, but it came right off with regular stain treatment in about a day or two.

I am definitely on the side of "not cautious in the slightest" about clothing and I haven't had any real staining issues(Aside from the above issue, I can't recall anything more than a tiny dot or streak here and there, if even that.) Of course, if you have darker clothes you're worried about, always pre-wash, set the dye in, or test it out lightly first and you'll be okay I personally have never done any of that and it's been fine, but maybe I just have dumb luck?

The only staining issues I've ever had have been with wigs, not clothes.

PrinceWolfe

I also have a Snow Mikuo boy Mikus are really adorable!!

In my experience...the staining isn't as scary as it sounds at all in either DD or Obitsu. Kaito has stained once from a dark blue shirt I didn't pre-wash and then left on him for weeks. Left his stomach faintly blue, but it came right off with regular stain treatment in about a day or two.

I am definitely on the side of "not cautious in the slightest" about clothing and I haven't had any real staining issues(Aside from the above issue, I can't recall anything more than a tiny dot or streak here and there, if even that.) Of course, if you have darker clothes you're worried about, always pre-wash, set the dye in, or test it out lightly first and you'll be okay I personally have never done any of that and it's been fine, but maybe I just have dumb luck?

The only staining i've dealt with is On my Miku's left leg, but i got her second hand so its more than likely just an old stain, its just a faint black dot though. Is it true that using the green eye putty stains the instead of the DD Heads? I've heard that before but i've never changed eyes on a Dollfie Dream before.

The only staining issues I've ever had have been with wigs, not clothes.