Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
PrinceWolfe

60cm and 55cm Obitsu Body's

PrinceWolfe

So, I'm shopping for a new doll as a few people here know and i'm still keeping a Smart Doll Crimson in mind But i really want to make an OC doll, with a fresh new hand painted face and everything, The only thing is, I like to have my boy dolls be feminine or unisex. I model my OC's after the type of fashion styles that i wear. However i know its hard for BJD boy body's to be that way if their 50cm's and up. Anyway do you think it's possible for the 55cm Obitsu Boy Body to be unisex as in like clothing? Or would i have to get a female body? If i did get the 60cm girl body would i be able to sand down the chest or buy a replacement part to make it look like a male's chest?

K-2

Swapping chest and abdomen parts between the 55cm and the 60cm is a viable option. These two bodies are essentially built on the same platform, sharing many internal and a few external parts. While vinyl can be sanded for minor modifications (removal of "headlights", minor facial mods, etc.), most of the vinyl parts are overall too thin to be sanded to do major things like bust size alterations. Part swapping is the best alternative. Check out the variety of 55/60cm bust/chest parts available from Parabox.

https://paraboxshop.jp/index_en_jpy_142.html

MVSig.jpg

cirquemom

You used to be able to switch out the 60 cm female bust for a male one, but don't know if that's still an option (check parabox).

The 55 cm body is pretty stocky and male-looking, not sure it would work for an ambiguous.

There are a couple of boy Chitoses on the Smart Doll Lovers facebook page and they're really cute. The owners just switched out the default bust for the XS bust. Chitose makes a surprisingly attractive boy.

If you don't mind a little smaller boy (50 cm), you can get a male chest for that 50 cm body and it makes a cute boy. You can see one on the parabox 50 cm page. I love that 50 cm body- off all of the vinyl bodies of any brand- that's my favorite one for looks and posabilty.

Here is my 55 cm Obitsu boy, but he has on baggy clothes so it's kind of hard to tell. The first head is the default head (I opened the eyes), the other one is the Joshua head which I don't think is available anymore.

Kitty3.jpg

Kitty4.jpg

ABBeach2.jpg

JoshUmka3.jpg

PrinceWolfe
You used to be able to switch out the 60 cm female bust for a male one, but don't know if that's still an option (check parabox).

The 55 cm body is pretty stocky and male-looking, not sure it would work for an ambiguous.

There are a couple of boy Chitoses on the Smart Doll Lovers facebook page and they're really cute. The owners just switched out the default bust for the XS bust. Chitose makes a surprisingly attractive boy.

If you don't mind a little smaller boy (50 cm), you can get a male chest for that 50 cm body and it makes a cute boy. You can see one on the parabox 50 cm page. I love that 50 cm body- off all of the vinyl bodies of any brand- that's my favorite one for looks and posabilty.

Here is my 55 cm Obitsu boy, but he has on baggy clothes so it's kind of hard to tell. The first head is the default head (I opened the eyes), the other one is the Joshua head which I don't think is available anymore.

Kitty3.jpg

Kitty4.jpg

ABBeach2.jpg

JoshUmka3.jpg

Thank you so much! I love anime styled boy dolls but it's really hard to own one because as of right now Volks isnt selling a standered boy body yet and Smart Doll only has two male sculpts which is fine but i like turning dolls into specific characters but it sucks because i don't want to have multiple of the same Smart Doll boys in my collection. Androgynous Boy BJD's are my weakness haha, and the Obitsu 55cm boy body seems to always be out of stock anyway. The size isnt a big deal to me as long as its an SD sized. I was thinking of making my first unisex boy be Felix Argyle from Re Zero: Starting Life in a Different World. Also your boy is so adorable! I never see a post of someone using the head that comes with the body, it looks cute!

Manoogany

I used the 55cm males upper and lower torso and outer arm pieces on a 60cm female body.

The 60cm legs give it the same hieght as a regular sd and dd.

The torso size is rougly the same as a dd as well 

I put a dollfie dream head and elbows on my boy here for refrence. 

also I have my obitsu boy standing next to my dd kirito as a hieght comparison.

its definitely a more easily affordable and acessable boy mod than trying to wait for a dd boy to show up second han20200419_151815.jpg.fa1fd75ea2480237fde9c06da6b19eb0.jpgreceived_226007755382220.jpeg.a51332c103ea534ee9bb0ffe4df124a5.jpeg

• Like 2