Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Juxtaposition

How often do Smart Dolls go on sale (discounted)?

Juxtaposition

Hi, group!

I'm interested in growing my vinyl doll family, and I think Smart Doll Justice is simply gorgeous! I'm hesitant to purchase her, however, because I'm wondering if it would be better to wait for a sale when her price is discounted.

I know that some resin BJD companies have fairly regular promotions, such as around the summer or the time of winter holidays. I was wondering if Smart Doll had similar sales?

Thank you!

cfx

Danny used to disount each girl 11%(?) on her birthday, but AFAIK he no longer does that.

If they're on sale now it is part of one of his Time Sales which are for a day or two, I think. To know when they're coming you have to follow his social media or be on the mailing list.

Eiko82

Yeah, Danny will sometimes offer a 11% discount on the dolls but never more than that.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

cirquemom

"How often do Smart Dolls go on sale?"

Answer: Not very (often).

They used to (the 11% birthday discount) but he doesn't really do that anymore. However- fluctuating exchange rates can make a big difference in the cost if you are in the US, and sometimes he offers free shipping on dolls, which also makes a difference.

My last Smart Doll Fullset cost me about $530, with the exchange rate being pretty good at that moment and the free shipping. I think my first Smart Doll full set in 2015 cost just under $500. So that isn't bad considering it was three years later.

So you might want to keep an eye on the exchange rate and watch for the free shipping.

Juxtaposition

Thank you for the information, everyone! If I do decide to buy a Smart Doll, I think I'll just buy when I am ready instead of holding my breath for a sale.

cirquemom, I hadn't thought about exchange rates--thanks for pointing that out!

cfx

The exchange rate for USD to JPY isn't very good right now; I use this to look at it: https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=JPY&view=1M

I can't find it referenced on the Smart Doll site now, but I thought Danny had implemented free shipping on orders over 50,000 yen meaning you always get it on the dolls.

The only other consistent sale I can think of is when he attends anime conventions and such he sells dolls with a set of clothes he picks out for a fair bit less than the total cost of what they come with.

Juxtaposition

cfx, thanks for the link!

And you're right about the free shipping for orders over 50,000 yen--I see it on individual item listings even though it's not mentioned on a page of its own.

I didn't know about the clothes sales at conventions, so that's good to know, too! Thanks!

Sinisterrainbow

Is the shipping EMS or just normal shipping?

cfx

AFAIK Danny only ships EMS. I know it makes ordering small items really expensive to ship. Due to size, a doll would have to be EMS or SAL Parcel anyway.

Sinisterrainbow

Thats pretty cool, so the doll might arrive very fast! I hope i can order my Mirai next week! Unfortunately the follow me eyes are out of stock.