Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

PrinceWolfe

Obitsu White Skin with Volks Semi-White Skin

PrinceWolfe

So I'm starting my first custom doll soon but the character i have in mind is an MSD sized Obitsu boy however the head i was hoping to get is the DDH-09 head, How much of a color difference is there between the Obitsu White skin and the Volks Dollfie Dream Semi-White skin?

Cauldroness

Obitsu White is basically a perfect match to Volks Normal. To allow my Obitsu girls to have a wider range of shoes, I put DDS feet on them, and I use Volks Normal -- you can't even tell those aren't their original feet.

You can do Obitsu White with Volks Semi-White, but it doesn't match quite as well.

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

PrinceWolfe

Thanks so much! It just gives me a better option to use a Dollfie Dream head rather than an Obitsu head. i'm not to crazy about Obitsu head sculpts

Lunis

It seems to vary by batch, but I think Normal will be a closer match. I had a 55cm Obitsu boy with a DDH-07 head in Normal skintone, and while it was close, you could still tell a small color difference. I think it has a big part in the individual batches as the color of the vinyl can have slight inconsistencies between batches. I've heard a lot of people recommend Semi-white with Obitsu's white skintone, but I think it's mostly because semi-white is easier to blush into matching. I think in most cases, DD Normal is the closest match straight out of the box. Just keep in mind, either one won't be an exact match and will probably have a very slight color difference, unless you get lucky with the color variances.

Also, sorry for posting this so late, but wanted to add my two cents. If you've already completed your doll by now I'd love to hear how it turned out with the skintones!

PrinceWolfe

Thanks for the help! I didn't finish him yet but i'm buying all the things i need to start getting him together. Still figuring out his character though. I'll have his head soon along with his clothes then his body so March hopefully he'll be all put together and completed

Lunis

Awesome! Good luck figuring out his character, that can be so tricky sometimes. @A@ But he'll probably develop more character the longer you have him, it's always like that for my dolls.

PrinceWolfe

I know, it can be hard. I love your dolls their so cute! I follow you on Insta and your boy is so cute! I was thinking of making mine a demon and tying in his story with my other MSD boy

Lunis

Aw, thank you so much! (≧◡≦) ♡

That's a nice idea! It's always fun to have your characters' stories entwined somehow. My boys Kou and Daisuke are part of each others story, but I'm always so nervous about posting story stuff that I still haven't gotten around to talking about it. ( ̄▽ ̄*)ゞ

PrinceWolfe

No problem Hun~ I know i had a story made for my first boy Kaija but when i got him he wasn't at all like the character i planned out for him so i made him something different but now i know that his original character story was correct, so i havent done anything with mine either.

Lunis

I've had that happen too before. I've had my resin boy for 7 years now and only recently figured out his character. Nothing else I went for seemed to fit him. @_@; But anyway, good luck with yours! Hopefully it won't take 7 years! XD

SoVR

Hey,
I real all your posts 🙂
Does anyone have a photo of a Volks semi-white head on a normal obitsu body ?
Thanks a lot. I bought a head recently but well... It needs a body now lol, I would like to feel more " secured " before ordering.

I wish you a good day !

Oculae

Here's mine! She's on an AP, but it's in Obitsu whitey.

IMG_20210310_120511_174.jpg

• Like 1

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

SoVR

Awesome !! Thanks a ton 😃👍

muphryslaw

Speaking of Obitsu and Volks vinyl colors, what about Obitsu super whitey, the one that as far as I can tell is offered Only on their site? Is it closer to Volks semi-white? 

chef_mai
On 2/1/2019 at 7:46 AM, Cauldroness said:

To allow my Obitsu girls to have a wider range of shoes, I put DDS feet on them

I'm curious to see what DD/DDS sized shoes look like on your Obitsu. I made the mistake of ordering shoes that were too big such that aside from the fit, they just look oversized in a comics/video game character sort of way.