Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Starwaia

Owner Pics on Smart Doll Site

Starwaia

Danny Choo recently began to allow people to submit photos of their Smart Dolls to their product pages on the store site(though only via Instagram links at the moment) I submitted one of my Melody, and it appeared to have been accepted pretty quick, but a friend of mine's pictures submitted 2 days ago haven't appeared yet. Does anyone know how long one should expect the pics to show up when/if accepted? The aforementioned friend said they had heard it takes 2 hours, but IDK if that's a definite or where the number comes from.

Though now that I think of it I'm not sure if that friend has the old Eiji or the new Eiji, which could be one reason why it apparently hasn't been chosen. Someone with a special ooak Mirai mentioned it was too bad they wouldn't be able to submit pics, so I can imagine that dolls not currently being sold might not be accepted- though, photos showcasing apparel items are accepted on their respective pages as well, so perhaps any Smart Doll sold could have a chance as long as it is on a SMD body or something.

This is all speculation on my part though. Does anyone know more about how this works? And has anyone here submitted their SMD pics already? How did that go, were they added? And did you get a notice of if they were rejected if not?

Anyway, I like the idea of being able to find owner pics of the various items without having to search elsewhere. Seeing the potential is cool, though of course since they are curated perhaps if something looked bad, it might just not be posted. Still, despite any other issues, Danny Choo does seem to be pretty good about including/showcasing fans' work, as well as encouraging it by providing patterns and such. But I digress.

Got less time to do doll stuff and more time to procrastinate. I'll try to be active here more discussion-wise but no pics or news for a while, unfortunately. Being busy sucks.

Currently watching BNHA, on season 6 and obsessed! (being in a fandom late makes dodging spoilers an issue tho :()
More into Nendoroids than BJDs rn, but I'm waiting for a grail of mine and also hoping to get back into that stuff soon!

Eiko82

I submitted a couple of photos (Kurenai, Mirai, some eyes and apparel). I didn't time it but I think they were accepted within 24 hours.

I think this is a really cool feature. It really helps to see how certain items (eyes or apparel) look on dolls.

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)