Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

UnderOrange

Eiji's here!

UnderOrange

I was too excited to take proper box opening pictures, but here he is!

1QqoeRq.jpg

LTTt3kk.jpg

Xs9i0Jn.jpg

• Like 6

Pickle

Congratulations! 🥳

How are you enjoying him so far? 

Edited by Pickle
  • Like 1

UnderOrange

Thank you! I really like him. He's definitely got that bishounen anime look, lol. He's much more smiley in person too, which is kinda surprising. I like it though!

jemmilly

Aw, he’s so cute! 😍 Nice t-shirt too. Congratulations!

• Like 1

Pickle
13 hours ago, UnderOrange said:

Thank you! I really like him. He's definitely got that bishounen anime look, lol. He's much more smiley in person too, which is kinda surprising. I like it though!

You’re welcome! That’s good to hear that you really like him. Sometimes it can be hard to know if you truly like a sculpt until you see them in person. ☺️ So, that’s great that he’s working out!

Also, that’s really nice to hear that he’s more smiley in person! I personally like for a male sculpt to actually be somewhat smiling, at the very least, instead of being full on grumpy or depressive. 👍

• Like 1

UnderOrange

I definitely agree. I'm a sucker for smiles, lol.

• Like 1

Poofiemus

Oh good, he turned up! Congratulations! I'm so used to my own Eiji 2.0  having pale hair that it makes your pics sliiightly disorienting though lol. :lol: Is he going to keep that wig and those eyes, or are you going to customize that pretty bishie?

• Like 1

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

UnderOrange

I'm gonna keep him as is for now, because by sheer chance he's nearly perfect to shell Kay who I've never had a clear sense of eye color for, but has always had black hair in my head.

My characters are always changing up their hair though, so I have no idea where he'll go in the future!

Catzs101

He looks awesome! Love the glasses!

• Like 1

Starwaia

He's such a cutie! It's interesting to see the differences between him and Smart Doll girls. I didn't realize he was so tall!
Are you finding it easy to find/make clothes for him? That's the main reason I haven't considered a SMD guy tbh, but Eiji certainly is tempting.

• Like 1

Got less time to do doll stuff and more time to procrastinate. I'll try to be active here more discussion-wise but no pics or news for a while, unfortunately. Being busy sucks.

Currently watching BNHA, on season 6 and obsessed! (being in a fandom late makes dodging spoilers an issue tho :()
More into Nendoroids than BJDs rn, but I'm waiting for a grail of mine and also hoping to get back into that stuff soon!

UnderOrange
4 hours ago, Starwaia said:

He's such a cutie! It's interesting to see the differences between him and Smart Doll girls. I didn't realize he was so tall!
Are you finding it easy to find/make clothes for him? That's the main reason I haven't considered a SMD guy tbh, but Eiji certainly is tempting.

Oh, fair warning, Ayane in the picture with him is a DDS girl, so the Smartdoll girls are a bit taller! I'll try to take some comparison shots later today for you!

As for finding clothes I might be a bad person to ask? I have a YouTube dedicated to making clothes and patterns for dolls, lol. Some men's clothing can have it's unique challenges, but as far as pants and t-shirts there isn't much of a difference. It sounds like the guys do fit SD16 men's bjd clothes as well, but I only know that second hand. I plan to make him everything, just like my girls.

Starwaia
On 3/30/2019 at 7:04 AM, UnderOrange said:

Oh, fair warning, Ayane in the picture with him is a DDS girl, so the Smartdoll girls are a bit taller! I'll try to take some comparison shots later today for you!

As for finding clothes I might be a bad person to ask? I have a YouTube dedicated to making clothes and patterns for dolls, lol. Some men's clothing can have it's unique challenges, but as far as pants and t-shirts there isn't much of a difference. It sounds like the guys do fit SD16 men's bjd clothes as well, but I only know that second hand. I plan to make him everything, just like my girls.

Oh! That explains why I couldn't recognize the sculpt. DDS is a cute size then, I'd definitely love to see comparisons. I also want to make most of my dolls' clothes but I'm such a newbie I feel more comfortable paying for official stuff rather than fabric I might ruin. I'll definitely check out your YouTube! 

Got less time to do doll stuff and more time to procrastinate. I'll try to be active here more discussion-wise but no pics or news for a while, unfortunately. Being busy sucks.

Currently watching BNHA, on season 6 and obsessed! (being in a fandom late makes dodging spoilers an issue tho :()
More into Nendoroids than BJDs rn, but I'm waiting for a grail of mine and also hoping to get back into that stuff soon!

marishade

Congrats! I would love to have Eiji but already have Lelouch, have to limit myself somehow. . .

For clothing, check etsy. There are a lot of shops popping up just for Smart Dolls and many of them make guy clothes too. Some 1/3 resin stuff will fit to, just need to check if the clothes are meant for 60cm, 65cm, or 70cm guys.

UnderOrange
17 hours ago, Starwaia said:

Oh! That explains why I couldn't recognize the sculpt. DDS is a cute size then, I'd definitely love to see comparisons. I also want to make most of my dolls' clothes but I'm such a newbie I feel more comfortable paying for official stuff rather than fabric I might ruin. I'll definitely check out your YouTube! 

Aah, I completely forgot I needed to take a picture for you, I'm sorry! I'm glad you quoted me so I'd see, lol.

MXPZHBp.jpg

Here's Serenity and Eiji (or Ella and Kay, lol)

Snarecrazi

My Eiji is able to share some clothes I bought for my sdgr boy perfectly because they are both on the slim side :)

• Like 1

Ramonna

Congrats! He is very handsome and lovely! 

• Like 1