Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Lyrajean

Favorite Doll Stand for DD?

chantelle
On 10/21/2022 at 12:01 PM, Oculae said:

Since the Asachanchi stand has come up, has anyone here tried using the Libertaire stand?

https://nisanigo.booth.pm/items/3719314

I admit the idea of it seems nice, but I do wonder how that tiny base can keep the doll stable in some of these poses. Is it weighted?

I actually just received one of these from the mail!

To answer your question, the base is indeed weighted and is actually pretty heavy. I don't know if you could leave your doll in one of the super dynamic poses for like hours without supervision, but it should be pretty stable otherwise. I'm testing it out right now with just a normal standing pose and so far my doll hasn't keeled over. I assumed the crazy poses are more for pictures but I mean maybe not? I'm not bold enough to try yet.

And now for my other thoughts/comments:

• You don't have to assemble anything, it comes as it is
  • The "wire" part is actually really flexible and easy to bend, much moreso than the Alice Collection's stand's "wire". 
  • The base is meant to be positioned behind your dolls leg so it can't be seen from certain angles. Basically works as an "invisible" stand so it won't be seen in photos. This won't apply to all poses though.
  • I've tried positioning the clamp as both a saddle and a waist clamp and both have worked
  • It comes with a instructions booklet! It has some examples on how to use the stand and shows you pictures of poses from different angles. The link to the PDF is actually available on the booth page.
  • I personally like it better than the Alice Collection invisible stand but I think the Alice Collection stand is better for long-term stability and airborne poses. Also the Alice Collection stand is a lot cheaper
Edited by chantelle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

black_magicat

hi everyone sorry to revive an older thread.

Ive been eyeing the wooden base stand on the Volksusa website but they always seem to be out of stock. Ive been waiting to place an order as i need some other items but never seem to catch them in stock. does anyone know if these get stocked fairly often?

I would go for another stand but i need something very stable 

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, black_magicat said:

Ive been eyeing the wooden base stand on the Volksusa website but they always seem to be out of stock.

Stands have been out of stock for awhile. It may be supply chain issues and the rarity of steel in Japan.

The wooden one has a much wider base than the metal one. It's nice, but takes more space.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

puxlavoix

Also make my own, rather have more funds for dolls and clothes than expensive stands that will break or dont even like that much to begin with.

Loosely based on the Volks U saddle stand the base is clear hard 8mm thick 15x15 cm plexiglass which is enough for almost all poses I think. Won't break, bend or warp.

20230307_005753.jpg.e1da92ad256e2894189111d72801fa02.jpg

Then there's the 8mm 32 cm industrial grade stainless steel arm which actually is used in Prusa 3d printers as a railing or something. Its stainless steel so it won't ever rust, bend or break, not one bit.

spacer.png20230307_012743.jpg.a53ad006ca26900e121d0588fff05afb.jpg

Lastly the saddle with i use 2mm copper wire to make and then wrap with white plastic electrical tape as design choice to avoid any kind of static discharge then firmly zip-tied it to the whole assembly which allows it to be rotated and adjust height by firmly pulling downwards or upwards to switch holding position to legs/hips or fit under a skirt.

20230307_005734.jpg.bcaab4687750b1e295f4917847bd90e5.jpg

They're quite heavy and sturdy and also practically zero chance of them toppling or wobbling, there's been lots of earthquakes throughout these years and never had to worry about the girls having an accident.

I make one of these for every new DD and totally swear by them, plus they won't draw from the girl's looks i believe, but best of all keep my girls safe and don't have to wait months or weeks to be restocked and cost about $30 to make.

Some old pics showing the look

Screenshot_20230307-020441_Gallery.jpg.21400d49082f356404743f5b340f2f55.jpg

Screenshot_20230307-020359_Gallery.jpg.b6d6936c8934098bda9c5e32aa9c9f9a.jpg

20230307_020304.jpg.d133596aa09310977e346f6cc489f198.jpg

Edited by puxlavoix
  • Like 10

1505193317_sig1copy.png.892dcb9d95734be68d4282d5f06843bb.png1495205582_sig2copy.png.b9f2cb50f3c66e638bd5c8a75bd10688.png

DollyInsider
On 3/7/2023 at 2:08 AM, puxlavoix said:

Also make my own, rather have more funds for dolls and clothes than expensive stands that will break or dont even like that much to begin with.

Loosely based on the Volks U saddle stand the base is clear hard 8mm thick 15x15 cm plexiglass which is enough for almost all poses I think. Won't break, bend or warp.

Wow your stands look amazing 🤩 

They look way sturdier than those on the market

Did you buy the plexiglass in that exact size or did you cut it yourself?

I would like to attempt making something like them for my crew someday

But I’ve never worked with plexiglass before

We don’t have earthquakes here but with just a light bump into the bookcase, my dolls start shaking and toppling over, taking the "bought" stands with them😢

It’s not fun them or me 😆

• Like 1

puxlavoix
On 6/9/2023 at 1:43 PM, DollyInsider said:

Wow your stands look amazing 🤩 

They look way sturdier than those on the market

Did you buy the plexiglass in that exact size or did you cut it yourself?

I would like to attempt making something like them for my crew someday

But I’ve never worked with plexiglass before

We don’t have earthquakes here but with just a light bump into the bookcase, my dolls start shaking and toppling over, taking the "bought" stands with them😢

It’s not fun them or me 😆

Thank you very much! <3 and yes they are quite sturdy indeed.

Initially I came up with the idea due to not having much funds when I got my first DD and was supposed to be a temporary solution but with time came to realize that it was a decent looking and safe base to use on a daily basis so just made them "prettier".

I just get them on that size, there's a local place that sells them plexiglas in multiple sizes. I intend to shape them into hexagons or octagons with a grinder but just haven't got to it but I suspect its a task better be done on a proper cutting table. That aside they're really easy to make actually and as all we do for the girls, quite relaxing. 

1505193317_sig1copy.png.892dcb9d95734be68d4282d5f06843bb.png1495205582_sig2copy.png.b9f2cb50f3c66e638bd5c8a75bd10688.png

mamiyaotaru

I get my stand when I go over to the volks store. Unless you want some from Hong Kong etc, the china's website those are cheaper but I dont trust the quality
They speak english in the volks store, so no worries if you cant speak japanese

Rajke

The Kaiser doll stands are favourite. 

@onion20@   This is a signature.

MoiBakaDesu

I recently got these absolutely adorable heart stands and they are definitely one of my favourites.

These are 1/4 height, but I'll have to try if they can be extended far enough for DD purposes.

But you could also just put in the pole part from a similarily designed other stand.