Jump to content

sunlightandtea

Politely Nefarious

AnnaNeko

Xiongmao

Mandie

BeyondTime

DesertPhantom51

F-15

ateliervanilla

The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

The Facebook debacle & other issues

Recommended Posts

fiji
On 8/3/2024 at 4:09 PM, RetroKanojo said:

Not sure if this is the right place to say this but I have to admit that I'm a bit sad that they've been moving away from doing anime sculpts more and more @onion2@

I guess the semi-real sculpts are more unique and therefore offer more brand-recognition or something? Ah well.. concerning the new boy - I think there's also a bit of a discrepancy between 'thing Danny shows/is working on' and 'thing that makes it on sale (outside of his blind box shenanigans)'.

i was reading through this, and i'm also a little sad about it. while he has brought back some of his classics such as the original mirai and chitose, the difference between how many anime girls there are compared to semi-real is wild right now. i think the semi-real sculpts are really cool, as i only really see anime sculpts for vinyl dolls, but i honestly prefer his older style of dolls. i wasn't there for them, but there's some older anime ones id really love to have in cocoa or coffee (infinity and sana....💔)

the good thing is, there's a chance for them to come back at the moment.. though it will most likely be in their original skintones, and its probably very low right now. though, at the same time, as i've gone through this thread, i'm not completely sure if i want to buy from him again... @onion32@

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SaraCherie

I'm aware this is entirely up to personal preference but I'm not a massive fan of the semireal sculpts either, even though I generally prefer the style over anime (the Dollfie Icons are still my favorite line.) I don't know if it's the way they're painted or sculpted, but they don't have that wow factor that many other semireal sculpts do such as AP's. Which is unfortunate since SmD's semireal line is the most accessible to my knowledge :(

On 5/24/2026 at 10:02 PM, fiji said:

the good thing is, there's a chance for them to come back at the moment.. though it will most likely be in their original skintones, and its probably very low right now. though, at the same time, as i've gone through this thread, i'm not completely sure if i want to buy from him again... @onion32@

Oh dear, the discontinued models are a pain point for me. I'm still mad I missed out on a Milk F6 for hybridization reasons.

At least secondhand is always an option, but I'm not sure how good the market is now. Last time I checked the prices were crazy high 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SaraCherie
14 minutes ago, Tierparkzone said:

F6 sculpts in Milk are currently available through Kanata and Kizuna, tho.

It's been a while since I checked the store. I forgot he brought some dolls back in Milk@onion16@

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy.