Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

The Facebook debacle & other issues

HongBee
2 hours ago, ZandurFox said:

I found this...wow.

Although I read many of the drama about Danny, but some just seems off and feels more like he got bombarded so much by the nonsense that he got really annoyed.
Like that reddit post... wanting to return and get a refund just because of a post that the OP read? hummm...

Sounds more like the OP wanting to feel socially accepted by the groups that he/she is in... Even mentioned the SmD being "like her daughter". Looks like he/she would also refund her IRL daughter if someone said something negative about her? hummmm....

• Like 2

PlasticJester
1 hour ago, HongBee said:

Although I read many of the drama about Danny, but some just seems off and feels more like he got bombarded so much by the nonsense that he got really annoyed.
Like that reddit post... wanting to return and get a refund just because of a post that the OP read? hummm...

Sounds more like the OP wanting to feel socially accepted by the groups that he/she is in... Even mentioned the SmD being "like her daughter". Looks like he/she would also refund her IRL daughter if someone said something negative about her? hummmm....

The way the post is written makes it seem like the OP might be a teenager, so I wouldn't put too much stock into it. Some people are very socially sensitive.

395895163_DollGroupPixel.png.2e3e4b229f96b86eed9347c93eb5864c.png

DollyDearest
On 4/30/2024 at 8:44 AM, RozenGermain said:

Now you're making wonder.... How much of my two big issues with Volks (boy bodies not being easy to get, colorism with how hard the darkest option is to get and how that's just a light tan) can be traced back to it's target audience of otaku subculture? Otaku are pretty looked down on in JP if I'm being honest (as someone who called themselves an otaku before despite my problems with the subculture), but that's not really the point. If you're familiar with the "otaku fantasy" genre of light novel/anime, you'll notice certain tropes (the stereotypical otaku fantasy plot is that a Kirito-sue goes to another world where women fall for him despite being a loser, and any man who could threaten that is an evil creep). This, coupled with me learning on this forum (don't remember the thread though) that the main demographic in Volks' fanbase in regards to Dollfie Dream is male otaku, had me thinking about that. Like you, I have no idea why Danny would pivot to a more "playline doll" market anyway, but it would make sense for it to be that he's not able to compete with Volks in the otaku market. Maybe the increase in diversity/variety with his dolls is part of an attempt to distance himself from otaku, even if the consequence is that SmD is friendlier in regards to owner customization than before. Someone earlier did say that SmDs have more mainstream appeal, likely because Danny's marketing of stuff that otaku stereotypically don't like. Doesn't excuse Danny's current "boys are icky" mentality in regards to the dolls though, or his behavior.

it's like reverse misogyny, or uncle ruckus syimdrome.  ( "boys are icky mentality). So I guess David so macho is just another April fool's joke. shoulda known.

RozenGermain
1 hour ago, DollyDearest said:

it's like reverse misogyny, or uncle ruckus syimdrome.  ( "boys are icky mentality). So I guess David so macho is just another April fool's joke. shoulda known.

When I mentioned the "boys are icky" mentality, it was toward the dolls. I mean the fact that he favors the girl dolls over the boys. Now, this is a general problem with doll makers, something I attribute to men's fashion being boring (It really shouldn't be). But what the hell is "Uncle Ruckus Syndrome" anyway? I never heard of it... I'd say it's not so much reverse misogyny so much as a general assumption that boy dolls don't sell, neither with girl or boys, which sucks for us boy doll collectors (if you ignore the blind box and fashion dolls, my crew is all boys)! XD

• Like 1

DollyDearest
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, RozenGermain said:

When I mentioned the "boys are icky" mentality, it was toward the dolls. I mean the fact that he favors the girl dolls over the boys. Now, this is a general problem with doll makers, something I attribute to men's fashion being boring (It really shouldn't be). But what the hell is "Uncle Ruckus Syndrome" anyway? I never heard of it... I'd say it's not so much reverse misogyny so much as a general assumption that boy dolls don't sell, neither with girl or boys, which sucks for us boy doll collectors (if you ignore the blind box and fashion dolls, my crew is all boys)! XD

uncle ruckus is character from the show boondocks. he hates other people of color, cause he believes has reverse vitiligo. he's believes he's actually a white dude.  I just felt in my own opinion, that Danny hated boy dolls cause he's a cis male. plus they do sell well, when their available.  My crew is mostly dudes and two girls

Edited by DollyDearest
  • Like 2

BeyondTime
8 hours ago, DollyDearest said:

it's like reverse misogyny

Misandry is the male version of misogyny.

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

DollyDearest
11 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Misandry is the male version of misogyny.

oh okays thanks for clarifying 😊

HongBee
On 5/6/2024 at 5:57 AM, RozenGermain said:

I think its likely how the companies view "boy" toys and "girl" toys. Also their intended audience.

The dolls are mostly intended to be pretty. So from my perspective as a guy, i want and will be attracted by a pretty girl. Unless of course its Grimlock, a Sharticon or a guy in a rubber suit. In that case i want big teeth, a hoard of them and Ultraman.

Personally, I cant see myself having a male doll. I spend most of the time staring and combing my Mizuki and feels strange if it is a "he". But if we are considering and categorizing them as "toys" then I do have figurines of the same size category and are "male". My wife however because of the type of figures she collects they are both male and female. They also come as a typical family.

• Like 4

RozenGermain
22 hours ago, HongBee said:

My wife however because of the type of figures she collects they are both male and female. They also come as a typical family.

Does she collect Sylvanian Families? But anyway, it does make sense that the way companies view "boy toys" vs. "girl toys" plays a huge role in why boy dolls are less common compared to girls....

HongBee
1 minute ago, RozenGermain said:

Does she collect Sylvanian Families? But anyway, it does make sense that the way companies view "boy toys" vs. "girl toys" plays a huge role in why boy dolls are less common compared to girls....

Yup thats right. The house is crawling with little critters... Some even bigger than SmD or DDs haha

• Like 2

BeyondTime

We've had a lot of off-topic in this thread recently, so let's try to stay on-topic. Talking about SmD policy on boy dolls is totally fair game, but let's move social conversation to the forum's off-topic section. You can talk about anything there as long as you follow the guidelines regarding inappropriate content. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Kemonomimicry
On 5/3/2024 at 10:38 AM, Monty said:

I was a bit confused by this remark because it’s not..completely true? If by ‘Tenshi stores’ ragnamuffin meant any of the stores with ‘Tenshi no Sumika’, those are just all their stores that sell doll stuff, period. Of them, the only ones that are exclusively for SD are Tenshi no Mado in Harajuku and Tenshi no Sato in Kyoto. They’re very SD focussed stores, so I kinda don’t really know why you would want to take a DD there anyway (speaking as a fan of both). Once apon a time they actually were allowed in Sato, but the popular rumour (although it’s spoken about so much it’s more like an open secret at this point) was that a bunch of very rude, perverted DD fans ruined it for everyone else by taking NSFW photos and bothering both patrons and staff. They’re still allowed in the private photo rooms that you can pay to book - but again…id rather use the ones in Akiba Doll Point for free. (Anyway, since the infamous DD banning incident was so long ago and the fanbases are less distinct from eachother, I do wonder if they’ll allow them back soon? They did allow DDs at the private party at Sato recently…) As for all other ‘Tenshi stores’ (Tenshi no sumika’, DDs are welcomed - I mean they’d have to be, theyre sold there. I used to take mine to the Fukuoka one every other weekend. If you take a look at the regular group photos at the different Tenshi no Sumika shops throughout Japan you can regularly see DDs participating - and some you only see DDs.

The rules for the SD photo booths explicitly ban entanglements of two or more bodies and risqué clothing, so I suspect there's some truth to the rumour.

• Like 4

RozenGermain
2 hours ago, Kemonomimicry said:

The rules for the SD photo booths explicitly ban entanglements of two or more bodies and risqué clothing, so I suspect there's some truth to the rumour.

God I hope that the entanglement thing isn't a ban on hugs.....

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, RozenGermain said:

God I hope that the entanglement thing isn't a ban on hugs.....

I'd think cute, sweet, and friendly is probably fine. 

• Like 5

Kemonomimicry
19 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I'd think cute, sweet, and friendly is probably fine. 

Yeah, I suspect they mean sexual positions being banned, not having two dolls stand close to each other holding hands or similar.

PlasticJester

To shift things back to Smartdolls, have yall seen this?

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJzbWFydGRvbGwtaW1naXgiLCJr

It was posted today on the site's timeline, and I...sort of have mixed feeling about it? Assuming it's an actual collab and not just a one-off thing/joke. I'm a big Fallout New Vegas fan, personally. But I feel like lately there's been a pretty big divide in fans of the series on the direction they've been taking things? Basically, if this just turns into another grungy, dark and gritty, post-apocalyptic thing, I'll have no interest in it. I hope it'll have some of the silly 50s sci-fi elements are there.

395895163_DollGroupPixel.png.2e3e4b229f96b86eed9347c93eb5864c.png

HongBee
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, PlasticJester said:

To shift things back to Smartdolls, have yall seen this?

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJzbWFydGRvbGwtaW1naXgiLCJr

It was posted today on the site's timeline, and I...sort of have mixed feeling about it? Assuming it's an actual collab and not just a one-off thing/joke. I'm a big Fallout New Vegas fan, personally. But I feel like lately there's been a pretty big divide in fans of the series on the direction they've been taking things? Basically, if this just turns into another grungy, dark and gritty, post-apocalyptic thing, I'll have no interest in it. I hope it'll have some of the silly 50s sci-fi elements are there.

Seen it and the post with some of the SmDs dressed up in them. Looks great especially the PipBoy

But i dont think its a collab... I would love to have one of it though but they probably are not selling it...

Edited by HongBee
Spelling....
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

SonataAvalon
On 5/9/2024 at 9:20 PM, PlasticJester said:

I feel like lately there's been a pretty big divide in fans of the series on the direction they've been taking things? Basically, if this just turns into another grungy, dark and gritty, post-apocalyptic thing, I'll have no interest in it. I hope it'll have some of the silly 50s sci-fi elements are there.

Oh, I'd love to see more 50's clothing for these dolls.

Eiji in a dapper suit and a monocle... Chitose in a red dress... 

• Like 3

Forums banned from year wise: GamePress FateGrand Order: 1,000 years. I'm a bit impulsive and do not mean what I say, so if I go off-topic please note I do have ADHD and Autism. I'm most likely younger than you btw.
Thank's for reading!