Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Till Troll

Tweaking patterns: halter neck top update II: 2012/02/11

Till Troll

Final update! my attempts to change the shape of the side of the bust failed horribly (it was a weekend of sewing fail, 3 projects ended up in the bin/ taken apart for fabric), so I went back to my first adjusted pattern and made Manami's prezzy:

Meade (DDdy, DDH02) wearing the top:

Front:

DSCF3731-e1328910146630.jpg

Side-ish:

DSCF3727-e1328966211520.jpg

Back:

DSCF3732.jpg

This version is a nice tight top on the DDdy, which I hope suits it's style! To put it on, you have to remove her upper torso, slide the top on her abdomen, then reattach her upper torso and tie the halter ribbons behind her neck.

Here is the same top on Chandra, my DDII with L bust (Marya head, faceup by Hikaru132)

DSCF3725-e1328966232333.jpg

This is a surprisingly nice fit on the DDII L bust, slightly looser than the DDdy. Maybe if Manami is willing to share, some of her sisters can borrow one of the tops? I am not sure what this pattern would look like on the shapely busts for either doll.

Ironing the tops after the final handwash was tricky, so Meade is currently 'wearing them in' to get rid of any leftover creases. I plan to put the pattern on my blog once I get round to updating it (last post was in August? oh dear), and some construction photos I took.

Billy: the pin prick blood stain came out completely, so both tops will on their way soon! I've washed the tops, but I have cats, and the blighters keep sneaking in and sleeping in my sewing room: will the odd stray cat hair/dander be an issue? If not, pm me your address .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original post from way back when:

Remember the white halter top Meade was sporting in the Jeans post I made in Photos a few months back? I promised to make Baldylox one for his girlies, and finally had the chance to do for the first time in a long time. However, when I went back to the pattern I wanted to tweak the shape of the bust section. Here is a before picture:

DSCF3634-e1325509875769.jpg

It seems a little modest for a halter top, and far too tame for Manami, so I reshaped the bust pieces, and remade the top:

DSCF3633-e1325509862768.jpg

I think it worked

Unfortunately I pricked my finger sewing the ribbons on at the top, and got the merest spot of blood on the underside, so this version won't be flying it's way to Manami's wardrobe. So my job for today is to further tweak the side profile of the bust pieces and make a brand spanking new one

Once it's done I'll link the final pattern: I've taken pictures for an instruction post as well. For those of you who want the pattern for a DDII L bust/L shapely bust, I'll also eventually post how to make the pattern using the duct tape method: it's all about finding time to write it all up >.<

Baldylox: if I manage to get the blood stain out (it's really a pin prick drop) would you like both instead of just the one? To prevent the girls arguing over their presents?

Edited by Guest

fenrir z78

It looks good. You smoothed the bust part out a good bit. Looking forward to seeing the pattern.

PrettyCranium

Wow, it looks great. Looking forward to the pattern.

Hazuki

the revisioned version looks stunning >w<

I want to try to make one as well!

baldylox
It seems a little modest for a halter top, and far too tame for Manami.

I laughed so hard at that! Too funny! But you're right, she LOVES showing off her assets.

Unfortunately I pricked my finger sewing the ribbons on at the top, and got the merest spot of blood on the underside, so this version won't be flying it's way to Manami's wardrobe.

Awww! I hope it wasn't a bad injury. Sorry that happened while doing this.

Baldylox: if I manage to get the blood stain out (it's really a pin prick drop) would you like both instead of just the one? To prevent the girls arguing over their presents?

That would be fine, I have no problem with that since its tiny and on the inside. I'm sure a quick wash with some detergent will get it out anyways.

As I said before, you are TOO KIND for doing this for me and my girl! I really appreciate it and I know she will too! Whenever we get the shirts, I'll be sure to do a nice photoshoot with her modeling!

The new version looks really nice too, a good bit better than the first version. Way to go! I'm excited to see how your next tweaks work out.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Suzuna

Oh, it's lovely! I can't wait until you post the pattern. Maybe it'll have a more modest fit on an L-bust girl, because Suzuna would never wear that.

Till Troll

bumping my update :p I am shamefully noobish when it comes to message boards! Final version of top above, plus piccies of a DDII with L bust wearing it

baldylox
Final update! my attempts to change the shape of the side of the bust failed horribly (it was a weekend of sewing fail, 3 projects ended up in the bin/ taken apart for fabric), so I went back to my first adjusted pattern and made Manami's prezzy:

Meade (DDdy, DDH02) wearing the top:

Front:

DSCF3731-e1328910146630.jpg

Side-ish:

DSCF3727-e1328966211520.jpg

Back:

DSCF3732.jpg

This version is a nice tight top on the DDdy, which I hope suits it's style! To put it on, you have to remove her upper torso, slide the top on her abdomen, then reattach her upper torso and tie the halter ribbons behind her neck.

Here is the same top on Chandra, my DDII with L bust (Marya head, faceup by Hikaru132)

DSCF3725-e1328966232333.jpg

This is a surprisingly nice fit on the DDII L bust, slightly looser than the DDdy. Maybe if Manami is willing to share, some of her sisters can borrow one of the tops? I am not sure what this pattern would look like on the shapely busts for either doll.

Ironing the tops after the final handwash was tricky, so Meade is currently 'wearing them in' to get rid of any leftover creases. I plan to put the pattern on my blog once I get round to updating it (last post was in August? oh dear), and some construction photos I took.

Billy: the pin prick blood stain came out completely, so both tops will on their way soon! I've washed the tops, but I have cats, and the blighters keep sneaking in and sleeping in my sewing room: will the odd stray cat hair/dander be an issue? If not, pm me your address

Hooray! I'm so glad you did an update on this! I love how it looks on the DDdy bust and it's even nice on the L-Bust too. Nice job!

I really appreciate you making these for me and Manami. And Manami says that if two of them are coming, she will be glad to share with her sisters! Miyuki is going to be getting an upgrade soon so when that happens, she can try out the top.

I will send you my address in a PM right now. Thanks again for all your hard work and I'll make sure to have Manami and Miyuki model these tops when they arrive! And dont worry about random cat hairs on stuff... I have 2 cats and PLENTY of hair so a few more won't matter!

Billy

Traveller

I really appreciate you making these for me

Billy

You're not going to walk around dressed in this top

PrettyCranium

Billy

I don't know, I kind of want to see that.

baldylox

Billy

I don't know, I kind of want to see that.

Oh...... ha ha ha. You two are sooooooo funny.

Just you wait. One of these days I'll go off the deep end and actually do something horrific like that!

Billy

Poofiemus

Just you wait. One of these days I'll go off the deep end and actually do something horrific like that!

Billy

Where there was Man Fay, there will be Man-nami.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

PrettyCranium

Billy

Man-nami. I love it. But can our brains/optic nerves handle it?

baldylox

Man-nami. I love it. But can our brains/optic nerves handle it?

That's actually hilarious. I laughed.... a lot.

I wonder if Volks makes full sized wigs.....

Billy

DefectiveAngel

Billy

IT'S A TRAP!!!

So when can we expect those pics of you in your hot new halter top? Your adoring fans are eagerly awaiting the debut of Man-nami. Perhaps you would like some music to help you with your pics. *Turns on Goodbye Horses* XD

baldylox
IT'S A TRAP!!!

So when can we expect those pics of you in your hot new halter top? Your adoring fans are eagerly awaiting the debut of Man-nami. Perhaps you would like some music to help you with your pics. *Turns on Goodbye Horses* XD

HA HA! Ackbar rules!!

I'll have to see what kind of outfit I can put together to match something Manami has. Most of her stuff is way too revealing for me to wear so those will be a no go. Plus I don't think ANYONE here has been bad enuff to warrant seeing me in revealing clothing.

Billy

DefectiveAngel
IT'S A TRAP!!!

HA HA! Ackbar rules!!

I'll have to see what kind of outfit I can put together to match something Manami has. Most of her stuff is way too revealing for me to wear so those will be a no go. Plus I don't think ANYONE here has been bad enuff to warrant seeing me in revealing clothing.

Billy

LOL!!!!! Nothing wrong with showing some skin. XD

Maybe Animagic4u could hook you up and make you a pair of matching PJs just like Manami's. NOW that would be a sight to see! I would pay good money to see that happen. Hahahaha although I may end up asking for a refund when it's said and done....LOL!!!

But then again it would probably be so worth it!

Also speaking of wearing things to match your girls you still need to get pics of you and Mamimi in bunny ears. Maybe an idea for some future Easter pics?

baldylox

Normally I would agree but in my case, you may not want that.

Maybe Animagic4u could hook you up and make you a pair of matching PJs just like Manami's. NOW that would be a sight to see! I would pay good money to see that happen. Hahahaha although I may end up asking for a refund when it's said and done....LOL!!!

Heh, having her do that would be too funny. At least I'd have some good coverage from the waist down. And I know my sideboob won't be nearly as good as Manami's. LOL

Also speaking of wearing things to match your girls you still need to get pics of you and Mamimi in bunny ears. Maybe an idea for some future Easter pics?

Heh, I was hoping you'd forget that so I could do a surprise Easter post with 2 girls and me in ears. But I didn't forget!

Billy

DefectiveAngel

Normally I would agree but in my case, you may not want that.

Heh, having her do that would be too funny. At least I'd have some good coverage from the waist down. And I know my sideboob won't be nearly as good as Manami's. LOL

Heh, I was hoping you'd forget that so I could do a surprise Easter post with 2 girls and me in ears. But I didn't forget!

Billy

Hahahahaha give your fans what they want and we will be the judge of if you should or shouldn't.

LOL I don't know about the good coverage from the waist down, Manami had some serious butt cleavage going on while wearing hers. XD Some Baldy sideboob would be pretty epic..LOL!!! Not nearly as epic or nice as Manami's in that set. I don't think anyone could even come close to the hottness of her sideboob. XD

Awwwww I'm sorry I messed up the surprise. You know me and my iron clad memory for things like that...lol! But yes, you with 2 of your girls in bunny ears would be beyond awesome.

chun

I saw Photos Billy posted on his Flickr and had to come see and give my compliments to the awesome person who made it LOL! And I had a good laugh at Man-nami keep up the good work!!

baldylox

I had planned on doing a post here about this tonight but I got sidetracked. But I promise I'll have pics up tomorrow about getting these tops in!

Billy