Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Mothiraffe

Detective Pikachu | General Pokethread

Mothiraffe

Spoiler policy once you see the movie!

I am unreasonably excited to see this movie tomorrow! Is anyone else planning to see it? 

Also, what's everyone's favorite Pokemon?

Edited by Mothiraffe
I hit send too early ):

ISO: SmD Crimson Kai, Interstellar Blue Prowess, Resolute (Tea), all the boys | DD Icon Tawny | Obitsu 55cm, 60cm Bodies | instagram: lunaraffe

Daisy-chan

I'm going to see it with my sister either this weekend or next weekend (we still haven't worked out our schedules to find the best time to go...)
We've gone and seen the past two pokemon movies in theaters, so when we both heard about Detective Pikachu we knew we had to go together.

I'm going into this movie without knowing anything about it, though. Hopefully it's good!

whisski

I saw it last night and it's such a fun treat! It's so good and honestly I'm probably gonna see it again >w< Oh, and my favorite Pokemon are Mew, Misdreavus, Gengar, and Scraggy (sorry its impossible to pick just one!)

• Like 1

Mothiraffe

I'm going to go see it in just a few hours and I'm unable to sleep because I'm too excited. I'm SO EXCITED I'm honestly filled with this sense of childlike glee that I haven't felt since I was probably a literal child. I can't wait... also I'm gonna get good movie popcorn. It's overpriced, but it's good +_+

EXCELLENT TASTE!!! Mine are Absol, Flygon, and Volcarona probably, but there are no bad Pokes. I'm so excited to see them all on screen. SOON 8D

ISO: SmD Crimson Kai, Interstellar Blue Prowess, Resolute (Tea), all the boys | DD Icon Tawny | Obitsu 55cm, 60cm Bodies | instagram: lunaraffe

AeroHail

I saw it today and it was SO MUCH FUN! I'm not ashamed to say I teared up a little when it shows that scenic area with all the pokemon after the first scene. I'msoinvestedinpokemonhhhhh. I wanna go see it again! THE NOISES BULBASAUR MAKE IN THE MOVIE GIVE ME SO MUCH LIFE!

My fave pokemon are joltik, dunsparce, espurr, mew (particularly shiny mew), zygarde cell form, rotom and chikorita!! Like Whisski says, it's hard to choose just one hhhhh!

Mothiraffe

@AeroHall MEEE IT WAS SO GOOD, I WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN TOOOOO. IT was honestly so much better than I expected, even my father liked it and he's elderly. THE BULBAS WERE SO PRECIOUS. eVERYTHING WAS PRECIOUS. I need me a Snubbul. THE BATTLES WERE HONESTLY AMAZING. EVERYTHING WAS. God I went in with high hopes and my every expectation was surpassed and I'm just so overwhelmingly full of happiness. AND THE ACTING WAS BIZARRELY gOOD TOO LMAO. Tim's characterization was phenomenal, and of course Pikachu was just an unmitigated delight. Everything about this movie was perfection, I hope we can both see it again.

Also you have such good taste I love,,, Chikorita,,, and JOLTIK IS SO CUTE. raaa so good 

Honestly y'all I enjoyed the movie so much I got Let's Go Pikachu just to hang out with the pikapika some more. I'm a sap xP

• Like 1

Singer Yuna

I went to the cinema yesterday and I love the way they designed Ryme city. I loved when the news show Firemen Squirtles as Local heros. 

I also got Pokémon let's go Eevee when first launched and I can't wait to more let's go with the rest of the older games. 

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

Mothiraffe

@Singer Yuna I'm so glad to hear that! I hope you have fun with them! I loved all the little details like the Squirtle fire-pokemon and a brief pass over a Joltik on a breaker box and stuff like that! It's really all the little details that made me love this movie. I'm really glad you had fun with it, too ^^

Edited by Mothiraffe
i said the same thing twice rip me

Yami Usagi

I saw it with my friend on Saturday! Haven’t seen a Pokémon movie in theaters since 2000, so I told people I would go even if it was bad just to see Pokémon again in theaters, but I was so so happy to have enjoyed the movie! Even took my Detective Pikachu plush with me 😂

My favorite Pokémon is Gardevoir 😁

DidiMews

I'm hoping to go and see this with my boyfriend in the next few weeks.. It looks so fun, and it's nice to see everyone here enjoyed it! I was worried the reviews would turn me off going to see it, but it's been mostly positive where I've looked. 😄 Can't wait!

Mothiraffe

@Yami Usagi You and me both! It was so amazing to show up and see Pokemon on the big screen again -- the fact that the movie was AWESOME was just a bonus! I definitely took one of my dolls and my ANCIENT Umbreon plush with me to the theater to see it. Where did you get a Detective Pikachu plush I need that.

Very good taste!! And I love your icon !!

@DidiMews I hope you can go see it! I normally don't mind spoilers, but I entirely avoided social media until I could see this one for once, scared it would disappoint me... I have to say it definitely didn't! It was legitimately one of the best cinema experiences I've ever had, and honestly I hope I can see it again. It was the beeeest. xP

Yami Usagi

@Mothiraffe Yes! Not having to walk out thinking "At least it was Pokemon" was a plus 😂

I got my Pika at Walmart! Went in to get something else & just HAD to tempt myself with the toy aisle. I actually like him better than the Pokemon Center plushes, but the cuteness was hit or miss because some at the store looked wonky & less cute despite being the exact same plush,,,

(Oh thank you 👀)

Mothiraffe

@Yami Usagi In that case I gotta go to walmart and make a friend +_+

I'll be sure to get the one that looks the most... friend-shaped. I know it's unlikely, but I hope in the future we get a Detective Pikachu plush that says things when you hug it. That would be so fun to me, but any pokeplush is good in my book! I hope he's soft ^^

(You're quite welcome!)

Yami Usagi

@Mothiraffe I think there is one already? Because when I bought mine, it said voiceless on the tag.

I'm definitely getting back into the plushes & check the Pokemon website and toy aisles regularly. It's very dangerous LOL

lildollface
On 5/9/2019 at 11:29 AM, Mothiraffe said:

Spoiler policy once you see the movie!

I am unreasonably excited to see this movie tomorrow! Is anyone else planning to see it? 

Also, what's everyone's favorite Pokemon?

Just saw it twice! Once during box opening weekend, and the second time last weekend w/ my partner! It's so good, and definitely worth the rewatch just to go back and look at all the little details that were put into this movie 😍

Also my favorite Pokemon is Nidoking! While I agree with everyone that it's hard to choose one, Nidoking has been my favorite for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately he gets almost absolutely no merch love- I bought a plushie of it for 3x the price a month before it was announced that the Fit line would be available to the US (now called "Sitting Cuties") 🙃🙃🙃

Edited by lildollface
had to clarify

Mothiraffe

@Yami Usagi MY DREAMS ARE COMING TRUE. I gotta find me a talking Pika-plush +_+
And I so get it, I don't. Need. More stuffed animals in my home whatsoever, but... one more won't hurt... xP

@lildollface Ahh, that sounds wonderful! I'm glad you got to see it twice, and I'm sure it was especially fun to sit with someone else and whisper frantically about everything happening. 

Nidoking is so good, your taste is excellent! And I get it, until Mega Absol became a thing my fave never got ANYTHING except a few trading cards. I'm so sorry for both you... and your wallet. o_x

Mothiraffe

Important update @Yami Usagi

FOUND THE TALKING BOY

BEHOLD MY SON WITH NEW FRIENDS

IMG_9460e.jpg

• Like 1

Mothiraffe

@Yami Usagi A bunch of movie quotes, mostly! Things like "Let's do this pokemon battle thing right!" and "It was magic that brought us together, and that magic is called hope!" Also "Woohoo!" which is my favorite.

But!!! There's a TOGGLE ON HIS STOMACH you can press that will switch him from Ryan Reynolds-voice to a weirdly gruff Pikachu voice that's a little unsettling when it pika pikas but I love it all the same. I had to dig through the whole Target to find him but finally I did and it was worth the journey 8D

Mothiraffe

Not to double-post BUt I BRING IMPORTANT NEWS FROM AMIAMI

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-049090

LIFE-SIZE DETECTIVE PIKACHU PLUSH. I HAVE A MIGHTY NEED

IN AWE OF THE SIZE OF THIS LAD but he's 200 dollars OTL

detectachu.jpg

Janeway

I loved the movie and l am hoping they make a sequel to this.

Daisy-chan

I managed to see the movie a couple weeks ago. It was pretty good. My little sister really liked the movie though, and she was the whole reason I went. So overall, it was a good way to spend my weekend.

I was super excited to see the Ditto in the background in the news station, since Ditto is one of my favorite Pokemon. Unfortunately, once we see Ditto close up... it's very creepy looking...

I got some free Pokemon cards with my movie ticket, which was pretty neat. Now they're in my tiny Pokemon card collection along with my only other card, the free card I got for seeing Pokemon: I Choose You! on the one day it was at my closest movie theater a couple of years ago.

Mothiraffe

@Daisy-chan I'm glad you had a good time! The cards are definitely great, I wonder if everyone got the same ones or if there were variations? And yeah, Ditto is... a lot in this movie, some of them are a bit more... out there than others. Snubbull was also way bigger than anticipated xD;

On the other hand, given what they did with Torterra, I'd be heavily interested in seeing them render a Wailord +_+

@Janeway That would be awesome! I'm definitely hopeful that we'll see more Pokemon stuff on the big screen in the future. My tiny childhood heart is joyous!

Edited by Mothiraffe
forgot my @s

Daisy-chan
2 hours ago, Mothiraffe said:

@Daisy-chan I'm glad you had a good time! The cards are definitely great, I wonder if everyone got the same ones or if there were variations?

I can confirm there were different cards you could get since I got Jigglypuff while my sister got a Bulbasaur. We both got the same Detective Pikachu card, though, so I'm sure that's a constant.

2 hours ago, Mothiraffe said:

And yeah, Ditto is... a lot in this movie, some of them are a bit more... out there than others. Snubbull was also way bigger than anticipated xD;

On the other hand, given what they did with Torterra, I'd be heavily interested in seeing them render a Wailord +_+

If they ever do a sequel/another movie set in the same type of Pokemon Universe, I'd love to see some different types of giant Pokemon. An Alolan Exeggutor would definitely be interesting to see!

Juxtaposition

I'm glad to hear that folks enjoyed the Detective Pikachu movie! I will probably wait until it comes out on DVD/Blu-ray, but I did enjoy the Detective Pikachu video game. (It was like a much easier, kid-friendly "Ace Attorney" game with Pokemon. 😆)

My favorite Pokemon are Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure. Litwick and Chandelure were in the game, but I haven't heard anyone mention that they're in the movie or seen any screenshots of them.