Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Talking_Sword

Inexpensive anime-style dolls?

Talking_Sword

Hello. Is there any anime-style dolls, that cost under 45 USD? (not include shipping)

Requirements:
1. I want exactly a doll, not anime figure. Because of that, no molded hair, no molded clothing.
2. I want "original" doll, not based on existing character (from anime, game, etc.).
3. The doll must be relatively easy to find (not matter new or used).

Also i already learnt, that, probably, most of Japanese anime-style dolls are very expensive. Does any Chinese companies (also Hong Kong and Taiwanian) make any inexpensive anime dolls? Under Chinese i absolutely not mean bootlegs. I'm pretty sure, that China has their own legit dolls.

Mothiraffe

@Talking_Sword You can occasionally find a used Azone Pure Neemo doll in that pricerange, I saw a few on ebay recently.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/azone-pure-neemo-doll-Little-Match-Girl-Chiika-Japan/283481720074?hash=item4200d3c50a%3Ag%3AE9IAAOSwzqdc0KTf&LH_ItemCondition=4

https://www.ebay.com/itm/azone-pure-neemo-doll-Secret-Wonderland-Himeno-Japan/283484290653?hash=item4200fafe5d%3Ag%3Ac-QAAOSwT-Fc0KPk&LH_ItemCondition=4

These two are a tiny bit out of budget, but they're the cheapest on ebay right now. They are small, (about the size of a Barbie,) and they do not have poseable eyes, but they make up for that with charm and on some bodies, more poseability than anything Volks or Culture Japan have to offer. They're very cute! Good luck getting one, beyond that I'm not sure of anything in your pricerange -- but someone else might be able to give some suggestions! ^^

Edited by Mothiraffe
i forgot to ping OP aaa

ISO: SmD Crimson Kai, Interstellar Blue Prowess, Resolute (Tea), all the boys | DD Icon Tawny | Obitsu 55cm, 60cm Bodies | instagram: lunaraffe

Monty

How big are you thinking? If a little one is fine with you, you can put together a small custom doll quite cheaply with obitsu parts from Parabox. Here's some basic kits you can buy that already have the faces painted. Note that while some may be less than your price range, adding a wig and an outfit is going to increase the price. However, these dolls are fashion-doll sized mostly and if you are very budget conscious, just a wig should suffice as you can probably find even cheaper fashion doll clothing in bargain stores meant for barbies and similar dolls.

https://paraboxshop.jp/index_en_jpy_123.html

As for chinese companies, I know there is Night Lolita, which seems to be extremely affordable, even their bigger DD sized ones. I heard they also have smaller ones too. But I'm not sure if they really have any 'anime' kind of sculpts.

Talking_Sword
6 hours ago, Monty said:

How big are you thinking?

I like smaller dolls - 1\6-1\12 (shorter than 30cm).

6 hours ago, Monty said:

you can put together a small custom doll quite cheaply with obitsu parts from Parabox

I considered buying it, but by my estimation, if i buy a full set (body+head+wig+clothes) it will cost more than 5000 JPY ($45) (even if i buy wig and clothes not from Parabox). Wig also adds extra cost. But, i most likely buy Hikari in future, because she looks very cute.

Riesz

Sometimes you can find some of the older Azone Pure Neemo dolls cheap on Mandarake, especially if you can snag one without a box.  The only issue with Mandarake is that you have to just keep checking, pretty much everyday, as they can sell out quickly sometimes. 😔

amarilian

Does this doll have to have jointed arms and legs?  

These are the dolls you're looking for, no you cannot haz them they r mine:)

Shailara

I think you can find Azones on Mandarake pretty often actually for that price range - especially older releases or ones missing parts like boxes or clothes. Just keep checking. (also note that $45 translates to about 5k Yen, not 4.500 😉 ). Your best bet would be to look for Lil'Fairies or Picconeemos. Pureneemos will be harder to find for that price.

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)