The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

foo

Can we show the user's geo location they entered in their profile next to their posts?

foo

The old forum let you show your location under your avatar when you made a post. Can we add that here?

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, foo said:

The old forum let you show your location under your avatar when you made a post. Can we add that here?

If we do add something like that it should either be voluntary or have an opt out feature.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

I assume it would be the same as the old forum in that it would use the location you put in your profile. If you don't have anything entered there then it wouldn't show anything.

An option to show or not show in addition wouldn't hurt of course.

Having it use automated location like various websites want to do wouldn't give accurate results. Most of those sites always think I'm somewhere I am not, presumably a large city hub where my ISP does their thing; I don't really know.

BeyondTime
45 minutes ago, cfx said:

I assume it would be the same as the old forum in that it would use the location you put in your profile. If you don't have anything entered there then it wouldn't show anything.

An option to show or not show in addition wouldn't hurt of course.

Having it use automated location like various websites want to do wouldn't give accurate results. Most of those sites always think I'm somewhere I am not, presumably a large city hub where my ISP does their thing; I don't really know.

Yeah I kind of figured that the feature would be more like a fill in the blank, but the term geolocation specifically means mapping to an IP or using other location specific data elements.

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

On another forum I have my location as "my own personal hell" which does show up in my posts... @onion6@

• Haha 1

foo
10 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Yeah I kind of figured that the feature would be more like a fill in the blank, but the term geolocation specifically means mapping to an IP or using other location specific data elements.

Er, yeah, in the subject I mentioned what they enter in their profile, just  calling it location didn’t feel descriptive enough 😛 I just want what the old forum had. You’d have to buy into a service to do IP based location, and it would suck anyway. 

• Like 1

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, foo said:

Er, yeah, in the subject I mentioned what they enter in their profile, just  calling it location didn’t feel descriptive enough 😛 I just want what the old forum had. You’d have to buy into a service to do IP based location, and it would suck anyway. 

Yeah, it would be nice to have that.