Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
AnjoRaivando

DDH/Resin Body Hybrid?

AnjoRaivando

Hello! So I have a junked old Abio Angel resin body I've been working on, and found out that the resin head I ordered for him is too small!

Add to that I've recently really grown fond of the DDH's, which seem to be compatible with the 1/3 body, I'd love to try it out! I just wanted to double check that it was possible, or if it's not recommended, or if there's some impending modding I'm overlooking? I've never worked with Dollfie bits before!

Subaru

Depending on the resin of the Abio Angel body, the color match between doll parts might be drastically different since DDs Flesh(normal) and Semi-White are more pinkish. 

I've seen someone locally to me with a resin body + DDH-06 hybrid and it seems like it works!

I think the neck hole would need to be modified wider to accommodate the elastic and S hooks.

• Like 1

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

AnjoRaivando
15 hours ago, Subaru said:

Depending on the resin of the Abio Angel body, the color match between doll parts might be drastically different since DDs Flesh(normal) and Semi-White are more pinkish. 

I've seen someone locally to me with a resin body + DDH-06 hybrid and it seems like it works!

I think the neck hole would need to be modified wider to accommodate the elastic and S hooks.

Oh, that's a good point! I'll have to see if anyone has any guides for modding the head. 

I'm planning on dyeing the body anyhow, and then pastel-dying the head to match, so incompatible colors isn't too much of an issue for me!

Thank you so much for your help!

Subaru
1 hour ago, AnjoRaivando said:

Oh, that's a good point! I'll have to see if anyone has any guides for modding the head. 

I'm planning on dyeing the body anyhow, and then pastel-dying the head to match, so incompatible colors isn't too much of an issue for me!

Thank you so much for your help!

Oh I see! Dying it to match makes a lot more sense haha. 

I was thinking about it last night but I think you might run into a problem with the tension and force from the elastic and S hook.
Since the vinyl is soft, the S hook might force it’s way through the newly widened hole... You could use a washer to protect the neck hole from the S hook. (Keep in mind that some metals have a reaction with vinyl and can stain them black or green....) You could also use water bottle cap to act as a “washer” by adding a hole/slit in the center and feeding the elastic through it. 

FEC5CC58-5DE2-4A98-A78C-82B66420C65C.jpeg

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

AnjoRaivando
55 minutes ago, Subaru said:

Oh I see! Dying it to match makes a lot more sense haha. 

I was thinking about it last night but I think you might run into a problem with the tension and force from the elastic and S hook.
Since the vinyl is soft, the S hook might force it’s way through the newly widened hole... You could use a washer to protect the neck hole from the S hook. (Keep in mind that some metals have a reaction with vinyl and can stain them black or green....) You could also use water bottle cap to act as a “washer” by adding a hole/slit in the center and feeding the elastic through it. 

FEC5CC58-5DE2-4A98-A78C-82B66420C65C.jpeg

OH wow, thank you so much! That's a brilliant idea- I think I'd go for the bottle cap washer first, since it's not likely to stain.

Katiazza

I actually wouldn't widen the hole. You can string the elastic through the neck hole as is, and then slip the S hook in place. Then there isn't any chance of it going through the hole. 

Also, to dye vinyl you need to use Rit Dyemore to get it to stay on the vinyl. Regular dye doesn't colour the vinyl well enough. Also, the vinyl dyes VERY quickly with Dyemore so very slight dunks will change the colour drastically. 

Other than that you should be good to go! Good luck - I'd love to see your colour outcome as I love fantasy coloured dolls and not many dollfie dreams get that privilege 🥰

*Yuzu* DDS Yaya

*Yuuko* DDIII Aozaki Aoko

*Sakura* DDII Uryuu Sakuno

PockyCrumbs

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to say I’ve been thinking about doing this with a Smart Doll head and a Super Dollfie body. I had concerns about the hook damaging the vinyl head, so if you actually did this and could give an update that would be amazing!

One thing I wondered about was whether I could use a plastic hook/clip instead of an S-hook in addition to a washer, to relieve the tension. Does that sound like a good idea? 

MaleficentMrsofEvil
On 11/18/2021 at 12:13 PM, PockyCrumbs said:

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to say I’ve been thinking about doing this with a Smart Doll head and a Super Dollfie body. I had concerns about the hook damaging the vinyl head, so if you actually did this and could give an update that would be amazing!

One thing I wondered about was whether I could use a plastic hook/clip instead of an S-hook in addition to a washer, to relieve the tension. Does that sound like a good idea? 

Howdy. I actually plan to do this with a playline head. I'll take pictures and let you know what happens.

• Haha 1