Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

AMG

Where can I buy this wig from ?

AMG

Hello everyone ~

Any idea who sells this type of wig or is it custom made ?

Someone told me this wig is made of Mohair, is it ?

yDvJi.jpg

Edited by AMG

Subaru

It looks like a brushed synthetic fur wig. These wigs are made out of a faux fur fabric (pretty much the stuff people use to make fursuits out of...) 
In your picture the ears look like they're attached with magnets and aren't part of the actual wig.

While I don't really have any personal recommendations on where to buy these wigs, I do have a fur wig with sewn in ears from http://www.ardeurdelamour.com/home.php

(Pictured below is my Melty wearing the Ardeur De La Amour wig)

I brushed the wig with a toothbrush to smooth out the locks so they look more organized and fluffier. This type of wig is pretty finicky and styling can be pretty frustrating in my opinion. 

IMG_9894.jpg

Edited by Subaru
  • Like 1

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

Mizuumi-no-Otome

It could be mohair, alpaca or fake fur! Personally it looks more like Alpaca to me. You should be able to replicate that look with either type of wig, though I would personally recommend Alpaca or fake fur; most Mohair has a defined curl pattern and it would take a lot of styling and upkeep to maintain a straight style, and any humidity will revert back to it's original shape. Alpaca is lovely and significantly more straight, and has a natural tendency to stick together in a stringy fashion, so it would maintain its shape a little easier. I don't have much experience with fake fur, but it should also be relatively easy to style with the help of a spritz of water, a clean toothbrush and some styling product like a pomade. 

3 hours ago, Subaru said:

It looks like a brushed synthetic mohair wig. These wigs are made out of faux fur fabric (pretty much the stuff people use to make fursuits out of...) 
In your picture the ears look like they're attached with magnets and aren't part of the actual wig.

I hate to be a know-it-all, but synthetic mohair is a different fiber from fake fur! I'm not sure which company started calling it Synthetic Mohair (my guess is Monique Corp since they've been around for decades) but I knew it first as doll-grade kanekalon, a fairly common fiber used on fashion dolls with rooted hair (or it was, at least- it hasn't been used on fashion dolls in five years or so)- synthetic mohair/doll grade kanekalon is naturally very sleek and moreso resembles human hair or heat-styled mohair (but the strands are thinner than most human hair, so are more proportional for dolls), while fake fur is more like...fur LOL. It can also be a bit annoying for that purpose, since it tends to fly all over the place rather than stick together.

However they're both acrylic fibers, so they have some similarities (such as low heat tolerance) and fake fur can look very sleek after it's been brushed and ironed!

Here's an example of a synthetic mohair wig, I use them for all of my resins since the hair type is so realistic:

IMG_0020.JPG.f63eccce979be061de164d179bbbb900.JPG

Edited by Serena-Hime

Subaru
13 minutes ago, Serena-Hime said:

I hate to be a know-it-all, but synthetic mohair is a different fiber from fake fur! I'm not sure which company started calling it Synthetic Mohair (my guess is Monique Corp since they've been around for decades) but I knew it first as doll-grade kanekalon, a fairly common fiber used on fashion dolls with rooted hair (or it was, at least- it hasn't been used on fashion dolls in five years or so)- synthetic mohair/doll grade kanekalon is naturally very sleek and moreso resembles human hair or heat-styled mohair (but the strands are thinner than most human hair, so are more proportional for dolls), while fake fur is more like...fur LOL. It can also be a bit annoying for that purpose, since it tends to fly all over the place rather than stick together.

Oops I brain farted and typed mohair when I meant to write fur. ^^; Sorry for the confusion!

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

Mizuumi-no-Otome
2 hours ago, Subaru said:

Oops I brain farted and typed mohair when I meant to write fur. ^^; Sorry for the confusion!

NP LOL! I'm such a brain when it comes to doll hair, I feel like it makes up 90% of my brain matter. it could be brushed yarn too!

AMG

Thank you both Subaru & Serena-Hime for the informative replies 😊

I will look for Alpaca custom wig maker.  

Edited by AMG

AMG
14 hours ago, Subaru said:

It looks like a brushed synthetic fur wig. These wigs are made out of a faux fur fabric (pretty much the stuff people use to make fursuits out of...) 

While I don't really have any personal recommendations on where to buy these wigs, I do have a fur wig with sewn in ears from http://www.ardeurdelamour.com/home.php

(Pictured below is my Melty wearing the Ardeur De La Amour wig)

I brushed the wig with a toothbrush to smooth out the locks so they look more organized and fluffier. This type of wig is pretty finicky and styling can be pretty frustrating in my opinion. 

IMG_9894.jpg

I am buying this wig for a DDH01 head.

Which size would fit the head better if I am buying from (Ardeur De La Amour) 1/4 or 1/3 ?

ParacosmDoll

Edited by ParacosmDoll

AMG

Thank you Majikaru-Rin 😆

Edited by AMG

ParacosmDoll

Edited by ParacosmDoll

AMG

Which wig size would fit on DDH01 : 8-9" or 9-10" ?

BeyondTime
20 hours ago, AMG said:

Which wig size would fit on DDH01 : 8-9" or 9-10" ?

DD take 8 - 9" wigs. A few like Kos-Mos work best with 8 inch wigs.

9 - 10" are SD sized wigs.

You can adjust the fit for smaller heads using things like cloth and silicone caps.

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction