Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Galvatim

My First Resin Doll- Vispo Asuka

Galvatim

I received my first resin BJD today.  Vispodoll Asuka ver. 2.  

48172913886_285e099eb6.jpg

I bought her from Mandarake for 34,000 yen.

48172991322_212b254101.jpg

That low price comes with a catch...  See that face-up on the box image?

48172991227_0aac8be7d5.jpg

Yeah, she was wiped.  I'll need to commission a new face-up for her.  

48172991147_49d8b62a8b.jpg

The listing included both the default outfit, and most of the version 1 outfit (no shoes and socks), too.  

I'll be posting more as I work on this doll, restringing, cleaning, and such.  And of course, that face-up.  I think From-Sen might offer an MDD sized Eva school uniform, so that might be worth getting.  

• Like 3

cfx

I think it's really cool to see a unique doll like this. :classic_smile:

Galvatim
7 hours ago, cfx said:

I think it's really cool to see a unique doll like this. :classic_smile:

Oh yeah!  She's an interesting one.  If anything, I'm happy to have a rarer Asuka in my collection.  I'll have to take a few more photos of her, the eyes are attached in a unique way.  

Nyx Whitestar

I like Vispo dolls and their Evangelion dolls, I've seen this Asuka on Mandarake (and was kinda tempted xD), I'm glad to see her here! Can't wait to see her with her new face-up! Just notice, her chin was sanded?

ig-log10.png ap10.png

KanjiWest

Her chin also looks sanded down from the picture too, I've never seen this doll before though. Thank you for sharing. 

Galvatim

I took Asuka to a meet up a couple weeks ago, so I took a couple more photos of her.  

48733854967_b614afae12_c.jpg

I think you're right, the chin has been sanded down.  

48733855277_04a1276171_c.jpg

Poofiemus

Oh man, congratulations! Vispo dolls aren't exactly common. I've loved Vispo Rei for a long time, but man is she hard to find.

I think Asuka is going to look spectacular with a new faceup! Can't wait to see how she turns out in the end.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Galvatim

Thanks, @Poofiemus!  I haven't commissioned a face-up yet, I'll look into it after my 2B DD preorder is paid off.  

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1114634858&ref=list&categoryCode=020114&keyword=evangelion&lang=en

Manda still has a Rei, with a sanded chin, and a bonus outfit from Vispo Rei ver. 1.  It looks like the sanding isn't that even, though.  

Meowjima

The Vispo EVA girls were always nicer looking than the Volks ones, in my opinion.  

Poofiemus
10 hours ago, Galvatim said:

Thanks, @Poofiemus!  I haven't commissioned a face-up yet, I'll look into it after my 2B DD preorder is paid off.  

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1114634858&ref=list&categoryCode=020114&keyword=evangelion&lang=en

Manda still has a Rei, with a sanded chin, and a bonus outfit from Vispo Rei ver. 1.  It looks like the sanding isn't that even, though.  

Oh my god you're such an enabler lol

Not sure I can go for her right now to be honest, but augh that's tempting.

What size wig does Asuka take, anyway? I've always been kind of confused by the scale of the Vispo girls.

Galvatim

48986654431_c392c90909_c.jpg

I'm awful with wig sizes, but it seems Asuka can share wigs with Azone Levy.  So it shouldn't be too hard to find alternate wigs for her.  I'm pretty sure the wig is LeekeWorld, as the shoes are for sure.  

If my Asuka is any indication, Rei needs restringing and a good cleaning beyond a face-up.  

Poofiemus

Okay, so she's probably a 7-8. Homura and Abby are both 7-8, so I think I can live with the scale difference. . .and have fun with wig swapping.

Yeah, looks like Rei could use a peroxide bath to combat yellowing, honestly. Though to be fair, Abby's head could use one too, I just haven't wanted to wipe and redo her faceup just to deal with the yellowing.

biff

This is super cool. I had no idea these dolls existed. Thank you for sharing these pictures! Make any progress on a new faceup?

Galvatim
9 hours ago, biff said:

This is super cool. I had no idea these dolls existed. Thank you for sharing these pictures! Make any progress on a new faceup?

Thanks!  Vispo is a garage kit circle, so their dolls aren't that common.  I haven't commissioned a face up yet.  

• Like 1