Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

ramensquid

Just ordered a Felicity!

ramensquid

Hi all, just wanted to get excited and gush about my new gal! I ordered her from Fabric Friends on layaway, so she won't be here for a bit, but I'm really pumped for when she arrives!

That said, I'm a total newbie to the big vinyl dolls side of the hobby; I'm coming here from owning mostly resins, with my only real vinyl interaction being small Obitsus. Is there anything I should be prepared for with a big doll? I know vinyl stains, is there any way to prevent it? Something else I was wondering is how y'all carry your dolls while you're out and about? I like to bring my dolls with me, but my others are pretty portable (my biggest are 1/4-sized) and I'm not sure what I'd put a 2ft-tall doll in to make it more convenient. And are there any recommendations for affordable clothing? The official SmD clothes look amazing, but those prices are...ahhhhhh.

Anyhoo, I'm really pumped for my Felicity, I wish I could pay her off sooner. I'm gonna try to get everything paid by the end of the summer. 🤞 Thanks for any tips for a vinyl newbie!

• Like 2

UnderOrange

Congrats! Felicity is adorable!

I prevent stains by washing my materials before making stuff with them and using stain prevention leggings and shirts under darker clothes.

I usually only take my dolls out one at a time, and don't go too far, so I either carry them by themselves or just use the official tote. I do have a fancy camera backpack, but haven't done much extended travel since i got it, whoops! hopefully i can get time off eventually.

As far as clothes, I know etsy has loads of awesome options, and a lot of SD sized clothes can sometimes fit, too.

ramensquid

Thanks for the advice! I think I might try to make my own stain prevention clothes for her, at least for her legs. The lacey ones they sell don't suit the look I have in mind for her. Would a plain white pair of tights work, do you think?

Eiko82

Congrads on getting Felicity!!! She is a total cutie. My friend has her and she is just too cute for words.

When I take my dolls out, I tend to carry them in the Smart Doll tote bag or wrapped in white towels/sheets in a backpack. So far, so good. As for clothing, Etsy has a lot of cute clothes e.g. Amy June Designs, TTYA, etc.

• Like 1

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

moerunamida

Congrats on your new girl! I hope you love her! I bought a cheap (white lined) camera backpack off Amazon. I tend to avoid dark fabrics just in case. Strongly recommend the stain prevention leggings/sets or purchase them from individual sellers on etsy. If you can get a piece of scrap vinyl, you can always test to see if the fabric will stain that way. I rub fabric with a piece of paper towel for a few seconds. If I get any color transfer, I colorfast the clothes. Peace of mind is always good. Again, congrats!

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

UnderOrange
16 hours ago, ramensquid said:

Thanks for the advice! I think I might try to make my own stain prevention clothes for her, at least for her legs. The lacey ones they sell don't suit the look I have in mind for her. Would a plain white pair of tights work, do you think?

I literally use whatever I have laying around to make stain protection stuff, lol. I can't guarantee everything will work, I have heard of stuff getting stained through the leggings, but it seems like that's pretty rare and usually happens with only the most poorly dyed fabrics.

There's also handy free leggings patterns on the Smartdoll website, if you didn't already know!

ramensquid
8 hours ago, UnderOrange said:

There's also handy free leggings patterns on the Smartdoll website, if you didn't already know!

Oh shoot, I didn't see those! Thank you! 😄

• Like 1