Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

foo

Dollfie Icon

PolitelyNefarious

@Jezrah  , @BeyondTime  Congratulations, both of you!! I look forward to seeing how you'll style each of them. They're going to shine in your photography, and stand out nicely among your other girls.

• Like 1

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, PolitelyNefarious said:

@Jezrah  , @BeyondTime  Congratulations, both of you!! I look forward to seeing how you'll style each of them. They're going to shine in your photography, and stand out nicely among your other girls.

If I get the wig in the promo, she's keeping that. Clothing, I think her style is going to be very modern and hip, just like Tawny. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

PolitelyNefarious
Just now, BeyondTime said:

If I get the wig in the promo, she's keeping that. Clothing, I think her style is going to be very modern and hip, just like Tawny. 

Complimentary clothes! They'll look rad.

Do Icons come with a random wig, rather than the promo one? Or is it just a case of not knowing all the finalized details yet?

What kind of personality do you think she'll be?

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

BeyondTime
32 minutes ago, PolitelyNefarious said:

Do Icons come with a random wig, rather than the promo one? Or is it just a case of not knowing all the finalized details yet?

The wig, jewelry and shoes are random. I forget if the eyes are too. The wigs are from Volks selection of wigs, but the shoes / jewelry are specific to the icon outfit release. My Tawny came with the promo wig, and the boots.

I'm hoping my Nikki will have the promo wig and the heels, but I already have that wig on my Takane, so it's not the end of the world if she comes with a different one. The promo one on Nikki is either DC or Volks Akibahara limited, but I think her wig last year was something you can just order online.

Imo Nikki's look needs a bob cut or pixie cut. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

baldylox

Soooo....

I entered for Nikki and did not get an email.  Again.  :( 

BUT.......

I had a friend enter for me and he got a winning email!  So I get my Nikki!  😄  She's already been paid for so hopefully she ships out next week so I can get her by my birthday on the 26th.  I can't wait to see her in person, she's just so beautiful!  <3 

Big congrats to the others who won!  We better see pics of all these new lovely ladies when they arrive home!

Billy

• Like 9

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

PolitelyNefarious

@baldylox  More congratulations are in order! Huzzah! We know how badly you wanted her. I'm excited to see her shine in the company of so many good girls. Thank goodness for good friends.

5 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

The wig, jewelry and shoes are random. I forget if the eyes are too. The wigs are from Volks selection of wigs, but the shoes / jewelry are specific to the icon outfit release. My Tawny came with the promo wig, and the boots.

I'm hoping my Nikki will have the promo wig and the heels, but I already have that wig on my Takane, so it's not the end of the world if she comes with a different one. The promo one on Nikki is either DC or Volks Akibahara limited, but I think her wig last year was something you can just order online.

Imo Nikki's look needs a bob cut or pixie cut. 

Ah! I did not know this, or had forgotten it. Then I hope you either get the promo wig, or a good, fancy one you can use. Your girls are always cutting edge and stylish, so any advantages they can already come with are good ones.

Jezrah
9 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Congrats, if you haven't seen them in person, you're going to be amazed at how gorgeous they look.

I have not gotten to see one in person. I'm looking forward to it. 😊

7 hours ago, PolitelyNefarious said:

Thanks! It might take me a little bit, but I think she'll be fun to style.

I've been working a lot of overtime lately, but I'll try really hard to squeeze in at least some quick photos.

• Like 2

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Jezrah said:

I have not gotten to see one in person. I'm looking forward to it. 😊

Until she arrives, here's a close-up of Terra. Sorry, don't have a Lilac.

53125672222_e2d6d4cb3f_h.jpgTerra - Intro-4186.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

• Like 5

MichelleAK
On 8/18/2023 at 9:42 AM, Jezrah said:

Aaahhh I just got a winning email for Lilac, I'm so excited!!! @onion24@ She'll be my first Icon.

Congrats!  I got the email for Aisha, so I'm really happy.  BTW, VolksUSA has the matching hand sets in stock, so you may want to grab those as well, if you didn't already.  They are in the DD Option Hands section. I grabbed the tawny set for Aisha.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

baldylox
On 8/18/2023 at 10:39 PM, PolitelyNefarious said:

@baldylox  More congratulations are in order! Huzzah! We know how badly you wanted her. I'm excited to see her shine in the company of so many good girls. Thank goodness for good friends.

Thank you!  I really did want her bad last year but I was denied.  Then I saw that a friend of mine won her so that hurt even more.  😄  But this time I decided to play the odds a bit more and get help.  As you said, good friends pulled through for me!  She will basically be a birthday present from me to me.... I just hope she arrives before Labor Day so I can take her out for pics at my parents when we cook out there.

Billy

• Like 2

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Capybunny

Hi! First time coming out of lurking, because I actually have a question (hope that's okay!): are the hand packs for the Icons available year round, or only for a limited time? I'd like to know, so I can decide whether to buy now. I got a winning email for Aisha!

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, Capybunny said:

Hi! First time coming out of lurking, because I actually have a question (hope that's okay!): are the hand packs for the Icons available year round, or only for a limited time? I'd like to know, so I can decide whether to buy now. I got a winning email for Aisha!

They sell out, and probably won't restock until next year. 

BeyondTime

Nikki has shipped. 

• Like 3

BeyondTime

And she is here. I did the get wig from her promo, and her shoes aren't the same as Terra's. She came with the hoop earrings too.

53141155207_304b9064cf_k.jpgNikki Intro-7173.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

• Like 14

PolitelyNefarious

She's stunning. Congratulations, and on getting the desired wig too! I love her eyes. Her faceup has an extra layer of dimension too that shines here. What a classy lady.

• Thanks 1

Sarah

I love her faceup!! The wig suits her well too! 

• Thanks 1

Jezrah

My girl got here on Tuesday. She's so pretty! I took a quick photo outside today since it was nice out.

53156093550_3b271349c2_c.jpg

This isn't her final setup, just what I threw together from what I have. I like the wig on her, but it's a bit too big. If I decide to keep it on her I'll need to do some fiddling. 

• Like 7

RozenGermain

She's so pretty! Such a lovely skintone... makes me wonder why fantasy skin isn't more common with vinyls. Congrats on getting her!

• Like 1

Jezrah
4 hours ago, RozenGermain said:

She's so pretty! Such a lovely skintone... makes me wonder why fantasy skin isn't more common with vinyls. Congrats on getting her!

Thanks! 😊 It was funny, I had her with me in the craft store to look for fabric that would compliment her, and one lady asked me if she was a Monster High doll. Even among mass produced dolls there really aren't many with fantasy skin tones. With small batch dolls like these I could speculate that it's more difficult to get color consistency, but with mass produced dolls I have no idea why there aren't more since they're popular. 

• Like 1

RozenGermain
14 minutes ago, Jezrah said:

With small batch dolls like these I could speculate that it's more difficult to get color consistency, but with mass produced dolls I have no idea why there aren't more since they're popular. 

I know right? Considering Monster High's success I'm surprised by the lack of them too. The only other fantasy skin dolls I can think of off the top of my head were the blue skin SmDs. Then again, with mass produced dolls I guess the reason is that they might be accused of trying to cash in on Monster High or something...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

marishade

Their popularity actually varies. Many toy doll companies have experimented with "fantasy colors" but they actually do not usually do too well. Monster High was a bit unique with their stories and styling.

Even look at the bjd hobby. There are quite a few resin companies that have fantasy color options but the majority of dolls actually purchased seem to be "normal" colors. . . Unless they are the animal dolls, then the colors are all over the place.

Edited by marishade
  • Like 2

meltychoco_BJD

Could I ask if the Icon bodies are the same as regular DD bodies (in terms of the shape)? I haven't seen any comparison pics and was wondering if the vinyl shell is the same just in different colours.

I assume the frame is as usual and can also take regular DD heads too?

☆⋅⋆ ───FIND ME ON─── ⋆⋅☆

DoA | Twitter | Instagram

☆⋅⋆ ────── ⋆⋅☆

marishade

They are; They are either DDIII or DDf3. Any parts can be swapped, it's just the colors that are different.

• Like 1