Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sord

A fun Horror film about Dolls to watch

Sord

Hi, people! So... I was just lurking as usual when I came across Alric's thread about creepy doll comments and it reminded me of an entertaining little 80's Horror film I watched recently which was about creepy Dolls, and it was called... "Dolls". ;)) While It is a Horror film, it's also kind of goofy, which makes it not so scary at all. By the way, you can watch it for free on Vudu, but I think you'll need to create an account.

Edited by Sord
correction

baldylox

I'm not into horror films at all but I've seen a few that had doll related baddies in them.

By far the one that scared me the worst was that god awful Tiki doll from the "Trio of Terror" TV show from back in the 70's.  I still get goosebumps whenever I see a photo of that monstrosity.

Billy

• Like 2

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

cfx

I don't watch horror movies; I don't find being scared in any way fun, and I also dislike blood and gore, old stuff like Alfred Hitchcock just terrifies me though I might be able to tolerate that now; I couldn't as a kid for sure.

That's a prelude to: I haven't seen the Tiki doll, and I'm not going to look it up since I don't need any more terror in my mind, but it reminded me of Magic; that movie poster terrified me at the time, and I was in my 20s. Ads in the newspaper for the movie were that same ventriloquist dummy, but in high-contrast black-and-white, which looked even scarier. I literally would turn past the page with the ad on it as quickly as possible so I wouldn't see it. Unfortunately for me the movie was pretty popular so it played for a while.

@onion19@

• Like 1

BeyondTime
59 minutes ago, cfx said:

I don't watch horror movies; I don't find being scared in any way fun, and I also dislike blood and gore, old stuff like Alfred Hitchcock just terrifies me though I might be able to tolerate that now; I couldn't as a kid for sure.

Some Hitchcock is mystery / thriller as opposed to horror. Suspenseful, but not what I would call frightening. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

True. When I was a kid I was subjected to The Birds though, which at the time at least, seemed more like horror though I'm not sure how I'd judge it now.

What I remember really terrified me though, was the Alfred Hitchcock Presents tv show. That was so long ago and I was 6 or something so I really remember nothing about it other than it scared me to death.

But even something like Vincent Price's House of Wax scared me to death back then.

• Like 1

Sord
13 hours ago, baldylox said:

I'm not into horror films at all but I've seen a few that had doll related baddies in them.

By far the one that scared me the worst was that god awful Tiki doll from the "Trio of Terror" TV show from back in the 70's.  I still get goosebumps whenever I see a photo of that monstrosity.

Billy

When I was kid I used to be wayyy more into horror, but not so much these days. For some reason I just drifted away from the genre once I got into my adult years.

A Tiki doll in "Trio of Terror"? Now I'm curious and so I'll see if I can find that show somewhere. lol.

12 hours ago, cfx said:

That's a prelude to: I haven't seen the Tiki doll, and I'm not going to look it up since I don't need any more terror in my mind, but it reminded me of Magic; that movie poster terrified me at the time, and I was in my 20s. Ads in the newspaper for the movie were that same ventriloquist dummy, but in high-contrast black-and-white, which looked even scarier. I literally would turn past the page with the ad on it as quickly as possible so I wouldn't see it. Unfortunately for me the movie was pretty popular so it played for a while.

@onion19@

I see...  As for me, I can handle watching Horror films, but there was a horror film that ended up giving me bad vibes, and it was: "The Exorcist". I mean, I just didn't feel good at all after watching it and I'm not even religious! Not the least bit entertaining, I say. Alfred Hitchcock stuff is tame when compared to that flick, in my opinion.

That "Magic" film is creepy for sure. lol. I remember seeing parts of it when I was younger. Many people think Clowns are so creepy, but Dummies take the prize in my book!

Ooo, that sounds fun but I'll never get to watch it. My partner HATES anything with living Dolls/Puppets/Toys. She got freaked out by Chucky when she was a kid and hasn't been able to overcome it. The toy movie that I always think about is Puppet Master. Whenever I'm doing a toy photoshoot it always comes to mind.

Sord
12 hours ago, alric said:

Ooo, that sounds fun but I'll never get to watch it. My partner HATES anything with living Dolls/Puppets/Toys. She got freaked out by Chucky when she was a kid and hasn't been able to overcome it. The toy movie that I always think about is Puppet Master. Whenever I'm doing a toy photoshoot it always comes to mind.

Oh, that's too bad. Speaking of Chucky though, I saw a trailer some time ago and it looks like they are doing a remake of "Child's Play". So, there's yet another remake by Hollywood headed our way. :lol:

lol, I remember Puppet Master! The first thing that I thought of was that crazy puppet with a drill for a head.

4 hours ago, Sord said:

Oh, that's too bad. Speaking of Chucky though, I saw a trailer some time ago and it looks like they are doing a remake of "Child's Play". So, there's yet another remake by Hollywood headed our way. :lol:

There's so much drama surrounding that remake, though. It seems the original creator of Chucky is still making movies in the franchise and is working on a TV show.

This is from the wiki for the new version, "It is the first theatrical Child's Play film since Seed of Chucky, the first since Seed not to be produced and distributed by Universal Pictures, and the first film in the franchise produced without the involvement of creator Don Mancini and actor Brad Dourif. "

Bakura34

I love doll horror films.  I have seen a bunch and own most of them.  There are the Childs Play series as mentioned and the Puppet Master series along with Demonic Toys.  A bunch I have seen and enjoyed are:

Dolly Dearest, Doll Graveyard, Doll Master(japanese Horror with BJDs), Annabelle Series, The Doll 1-3(I think Thai Horror), Dead Silence

I have seen more but I'm forgetting the titles. 

Sechs
On 8/25/2019 at 1:21 PM, Bakura34 said:

Doll Master(japanese Horror with BJDs)

If you are talking about The Doll Master from 2004, then it's a Korean movie. -__-

I watch a lot of horror movies but horror with dolls are more kitsch than anything else. It's like clowns, it works more because of the intrinsic creepiness brought by the concept (something familiar and inanimate being alive) than because of the movie's own quality.

amarilian

Isn't annabelle film about a doll?  It seeems pretty popular hence their is 3 movies, sometimes I get the I'm scared of dolls because of annabelle when I'm out with my dolls.

These are the dolls you're looking for, no you cannot haz them they r mine:)

Jezrah

Sorry to necro~ I'm watching all of The Conjuring and Annabelle movies for Halloween and I just had to comment. It bugs me that the doll in Annabelle looks to be purposely creepy like a Living Dead Doll even when she's new, and people apparently buy her because she's a rare collectible, but then the rest of the collection is just normalish porcelain baby dolls without the purposely creepy thing going on. It just seems like a clash in taste, like why does a person who collects porcelain dolls want to buy this Living Dead Doll. And then, oh noes she's eeeeeviiiiillllll..... lol

The "actual possessed Annabelle" doll is a Raggedy Anne so it makes much more sense why a regular doll collector would buy her.

• Like 1

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

RetroKanojo

For those who are unaware and too lazy to google, this is the movie Annabelle compared to the real one 😂

Spoiler

1*dHwxn8pqJHahKMcfICyvYA.jpeg

• Haha 1