Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Panda_Dolliess

Removing Default SmD Face Up

Panda_Dolliess

How do you remove the default face-ups on Smartdoll's without damaging the vinyl?? Also, are all the SmD birthmarks painted on?? I want to get the Liberty Cortex Hybrid when she comes out, but I want to give her a different face-up. 

Panda_Dolliess
On 8/13/2019 at 10:04 PM, cfx said:

Maybe this other thread can help you:

Thanks for this! I wasn't aware the acetone damages vinyl heads. Guess I'll need to buy some alcohol. 

cfx
2 hours ago, MaKayla_Panda said:

Thanks for this! I wasn't aware the acetone damages vinyl heads. Guess I'll need to buy some alcohol.

It's worth trying since it's the least aggressive chemical, but alcohol probably won't remove a factory faceup. For that it will probably take the Windsor & Newton brush cleaner or the non-acetone nail polish remover like Bellatrix recommended.

If you do your own faceup using MSC and want to remove it to redo, alcohol will definitely remove that though.

• Like 1

Siara

I've been using 100% isopropyl alcohol on all my dolls, both resin and vinyl and they're all in great condition still. Be sure to wear gloves though because the product tends to dry your skin. I also keep a bowl of water nearby while removing face-ups. I rub the face with a cottonball/Q-tip soaked in the alcohol and remove what I can with a few quick swipes, then rinse the face in water and repeat until all the remains of the face-up are removed. Then I rinse the head thoroughly and let it dry and rest for atleast 24 hours before attempting a fresh face-up. 

Everyone does it differently but I figured I might as well throw in my two cents. Another good hint is to always test your product on the headcap first.

Edited by Siara
  • Like 1

bigpalebluejuice

I really want to customize one of my girls, but I'm too scared of hurting her😢