Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

riyacchi

Hi from Washington!

riyacchi

Hey everyone!

First of all, wow I'm the third person to make an intro post from Washington in the past week or so. It's nice to see lots of doll lovers from my home state!

I've been interested in dolls, specifically Dollfies, for years but I was never really in a position to get one...until now! I'm going to be visiting Japan soon and I'm hoping to finally come home with a girl of my own :)

I'm already really appreciating all the resources this forum is, and I'm finding answers to questions I didn't even know I had. lol

Nice to meet you all ^^

• Like 1

BottleStar

Hey there, Riyacchi! Welcome!

Going straight to Japan has always sounded like the most exciting way to get a DD! Do you already know who you're going to get?

riyacchi

Thanks for the welcome!

Yes, I'm so excited! I'm hoping to be able to get a Dream Choice appointment while I'm in Tokyo. I'd really love to take home a tan MDD girl.

BottleStar

oOOoh! Tan MDD! Do you have an idea which head you'll choose for her? Or will you decide once you get there? I'd imagine seeing all of the head choices in person would be a lot more helpful than deciding online. Also, what are you planning on naming her? Or are you going to wait until you've had her for a few days before you decide?

Akane
On 8/7/2019 at 7:14 AM, riyacchi said:

Hey everyone!

First of all, wow I'm the third person to make an intro post from Washington in the past week or so. It's nice to see lots of doll lovers from my home state!

I've been interested in dolls, specifically Dollfies, for years but I was never really in a position to get one...until now! I'm going to be visiting Japan soon and I'm hoping to finally come home with a girl of my own :)

I'm already really appreciating all the resources this forum is, and I'm finding answers to questions I didn't even know I had. lol

Nice to meet you all ^^

Hi Riyacchi.  That is great news! I bought my 1st Dollfie Dream in Japan too.  I Actually found Doll Point in Akihabara by accident. Soon as a walked in I fell in love with all the dolls. They have so many on display. if you want to take any photos of them you have to ask. I wish I did, but you don't think about it when your there. Because there was so much to see and overwhelming in a good way 

Have fun! 👍

Edited by Akane
  • Like 1

riyacchi

I'm not quite sure which head to go with yet, but I'm so in love with #17 (new Dream Choice exclusive with the little fang) from pictures that I have a feeling it's going to be that one! I've always been a fan of #10 too, so we'll see! I haven't thought much about a name. Deciding now would kind of feel like picking the name for a pet before I meet them to me; what if it doesn't fit her personality at all? 😫 I'm hoping something great will come to me once I've had some time to get to know what kind of a doll she'll be to me😊

It's so funny you walked into it on accident! That must have been such an amazing way to discover this hobby. I can totally see how that would happen though, since Radio Kaikan is already such a popular destination in Akihabara. I'm really excited to see all the dolls. I've been to a meetup or two with a friend from the area, and just that was pretty overwhelming to me! Everyone's dolls were so cute.

• Like 2