The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

finnleo

Project "Liberty" (not for the faint of heart)

Gabihime

What an amazing mod!  I’m actually thinking about getting and customizing some small mechamusume girls, especially since I’m going to be designing transforming armaments for my light novel series.  I’m also going to be building a prosthetic leg for one of my girls, as she has a prosthetic, amputated above the knee.

Freedom is one of my absolute favorite gundam.  I love any SRW game with the Seed machines (who am I kidding.  I basically just love any SRW game).  Probably Wing Custom is my second favorite.  I really like robots. Otoko no roman, after all.

I haven’t built a kit in a long time, but I’m looking forward to doing it again.  I love seeing your process. Thanks for taking all the pictures!

finnleo

Thank you very many, though there's been little progress since august ... because reasons.

But, frame arms girls are probably a nice go to option to make custom 1/12 scale mecha musumes, I still havent touched the 20+ boxes I have unopened that I had more or less combination plans for. (a head from here, body from there, wings from here... etc...)

Wing custom is a bit peculiar that.. im a bit on the fence do I like ir not, the machnical winged version does work, but the angel winged one especially in mech form was a bit ehh for me.

finnleo

First post updated with the making of hardpoints ... drillbits were used without discretion.. be warned.

(Look ma! I made a figma!)

• Like 1

finnleo

First post updated with making of attachments for the shoulder pads/winglets ... peculiar engineering solutions were made.

(Pad it like its 1985...)

LucyWestenra

OMG!! This is amazing!! You leave me speechless!!!

finnleo

Just popping by in the interest of tying off loose ends here, no details because of reasons, but some wip photo's on my flickr if anyone's interested, but the wing assembly is complete after finalizing all body mounting stuff:

51580884856_7dea169587_b.jpg

liberty054

51581795920_a87c82a105_b.jpg

liberty056

• Like 6

Testament

I love this project!

I have to create an infrastructure to fix some mecha wings on the back too, any suggestion?

Edited by Testament

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

Nekome

wow this is so incredibly creative! I love that you figured out how to combine two things you love into one!

finnleo
9 hours ago, Testament said:

I have to create an infrastructure to fix some mecha wings on the back too, any suggestion?

I did show the main mount in the first post in this thread, the only tweak to the final design was making the end hexagonal so the adapter with the original kit polycap that mounts the wingpack doesent spin around -- but this means drilling through the top part of the torso.

some less invasive approaches could be rubber bands around the armpits (I think most angel wing setups do this), but that would not work in my case because the Freedom wings are too heavy. or make a custom bracket that goes into the arm sockets of the upper torso, sort of like how I did the shoulder pad mounts (also in the first post)

• Thanks 1

Testament

Thanks, I'll figure out something sooner or later.

Hiruma

What an amazing project! I've never even thought about this combination but just the photo of the wings has me blown away. I'm supposed to be "working from home" right now but have read through the whole first post three times already... 

Looking forward to more photos! 

Oculae

This is awesome! It's a shame the wing mount is 3D printed, I've been looking to do something similar with an Obitsu body and some resin wings I have. This is making me consider hacking together some frame pieces to try and make it work, though! 👀

Great work, keep us posted on how it goes!

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

finnleo
On 10/13/2021 at 12:50 PM, Testament said:

Thanks, I'll figure out something sooner or later

also, magnets... forgot about those... because reasons.

Waist down completion pics (sans weapon detailing), again no fancy words, and a few wip shots on the flickr for those interested, although the bulk of the work was already done:

51602251741_fbe4f429f3_h.jpg

liberty064

51603135650_19819f6875_h.jpg

liberty065

• Like 2

Veravey

Incredible work! What a great doll and project concept.

If you lightly burn the edge of frayed ribbon with a lighter or match, it'll prevent it from fraying such as in the photo above. Creates clean, solid ribbon ends.

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

Testament

She's going very well!

Yes, I love magnets for this kind of things, my only fear is that the wings I want to use are too heavy and cause magnets to rotate, I'll do some experiments when I'll have time.

finnleo
11 hours ago, Veravey said:

If you lightly burn the edge of frayed ribbon with a lighter or match, it'll prevent it from fraying such as in the photo above. Creates clean, solid ribbon ends.

A hot knife would probably be most ideal (which I do have in a gas-soldering iron form) to have the most control ... the ribbon in the pictures is a leftover modesty feature for WIP photos without the chestpiece. and should be gone once I've done the top... which hoepfully doesent end up as much of a faff as the gym pants did.

10 hours ago, Testament said:

my only fear is that the wings I want to use are too heavy and cause magnets to rotate, I'll do some experiments when I'll have time.

mm, weight is a thing hence why I dont regret hardmounting these onto the frame as they were more heavy than I expected ... one thing worth to try is perhaps using a bigger magnet where you can hide it, and smaller one where you cant, for instance here I am using a 20x2mm disc magnet inside the bust, and a 8x3 disc inside the chest piece.

Edited by finnleo
  • Thanks 1

finnleo

And we are done...

from getting the kit almost four years ago...

38393831121_9d530b5c81_b.jpg

mint016

and having the idea long before that...

the 6/1 scale AGP Freedom is complete...

51607588930_28aad88b2b_h.jpg

liberty068

51605878442_cd336037c8_b.jpg

liberty069

And with that, as they say in so many loonie tunes ... "thats all folks..."

EDIT:

After some contemplation, I did add the last few bits of the work-log into the main first post if anybodys interested ... but eh ... back to other things...

Edited by finnleo
  • Like 4