The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

AwkwardMango

Have you ever changed your doll's name or character?

Tasuke

i have a TAKARA Jenny "Angel's Garden" Lillian that i renamed "Momiji"

one of these days i do need to get around to porting her over to a new OBITSU 26 body...

TAKARA_Jenny_Lilian_8-8-21_CROP_RESIZE_7

TAKARA%20AGIS%20Lillian%2012-23-17%204.p

Harem%20Johns%203-27-18%209.png?width=19

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

LadyLeeLau

Yeah, I change one of my dolls names from Himari to Tsubaki. We have a Hikari and I felt it was too similar. 

TolfyTheWolfy

Many many times. I can never come up with a fixed character for them so they get switched around sometimes.

TolfyTheWolfy
Just now, TolfyTheWolfy said:

Many many times. I can never come up with a fixed character for them so they get switched around sometimes.

My DDH-09 is especially hard because the mold suits a lot of characters. It used to be an OC of mine, Razor from Genshin Impact, and Raiden Shogun from Genshin Impact.

battrastard

A lot of times, these lil munchkins won't tell you who they are until they're sitting on your desk, staring at you like "WTF?, I'm Me! Give me a name, already!"

I had that issue with Maiko. Took a bit of searching for names to get her "right" 

Most of the other ones just fell into place, once they were here in front of me. 

I think it's going to be the same, if any others decide to stop by.. 

• Like 1

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Tira

My Alice Kuonji still has her original first name, but I'm not familiar with her source material, and I haven't really settled on a character for her. I have lots of ideas, including having her cosplay as Shiki from Kara no Kyoukai, but none of them have quite clicked. Then again, the VN she's from is getting an English release in December, so maybe she will end up being the original Alice.

EnyoVD

I had also purchased Alice Kuonji without any real familiarity with the character or property.  Just really liked the face and her boots.  Gave her some yellow eyes and a white wig to turn her into my lovely Anya.  

Roserolls

Yes, just recently lol. I have a DDdy Miko I call Miko, but it's only really because I wanted her for sooooo long before I finally bought her (like 4 or 5 years) and so the name "Miko" was kinda cemented in my brain after thinking of her as such for so long. However, I recently changed her wig and removed the lashes that I've had on her for a few years and now I feel like that name doesn't stick since she looks so different!

I've always felt like naming her Momo instead (it's my favorite Japanese name and she was my first large Japanese doll), but since I only thought of her as Miko before, I named a different anime doll Momo instead. But that name doesn't seem to fit quite right for her now, so now I want to change Miko's name to Momo and Momo's name to something else lol.

It's kinda annoying though since I just made a reply in the "Would your doll ever..." thread with their former names and now I'm wondering if I should like, go back and edit that or not lol.

DollsnBooks

I do for sure! I try different names on them until one clicks. SO far, if I get one that seems to really fit, it stays. :)

Rajke

Yes I actually did with two of them.

I could not bond with the Chitose Multiverse sculpt in the beginning.

She started as Sugi Lied and later changed it to Siza.

Still could not bond until I decided to switch out her wig with the one from the Infinity sculpt.

I changed her name again to Shisha Sosei (which means Monster Reborn in Japanese but don’t tell her). And since a few months I finally found out her character which results in better photo’s of her.

Because I did change the wig between the Chitose sculpt and Infinity sculpt I also changed Infinity’s name and character.

She started as Lela and after the wig change and the idea to create a Devilukean tail she became Lulu Leviathan Deviluke. 

@onion20@   This is a signature.

davidd

When a pre-owned Smart Doll I purchased from a member of another forum arrived, I intended to retain the name her previous owner had given her, Ena. But then another of my Smart Dolls, Nellz, informed me in no uncertain terms that her sister's name is Natalie, or Gnat for short, because she's a little pest. So (G)Natalie it is.

• Haha 2

Rajke
On 9/7/2022 at 7:14 PM, davidd said:

When a pre-owned Smart Doll I purchased from a member of another forum arrived, I intended to retain the name her previous owner had given her, Ena. But then another of my Smart Dolls, Nellz, informed me in no uncertain terms that her sister's name is Natalie, or Gnat for short, because she's a little pest. So (G)Natalie it is.

I like that name. Especially Gnat. It sounds a bit evil or badass.

And nothing wrong with using two names. My skeleton mermaid girl goes by Serphien Tescane, but due to my family her name at home is Gratje. 

Gwandak

I'll be honest, I don't really have a character or personality thought up for my doll :( too be honest I see a lot of other people on this forum who have created personalities and background stories for their dolls and I kind of feel bad. At the same time I want to but I feel like I lack the creativity to do so. At least past a basic level...

Oculae

Sometimes dolls can just be pretty. That's a perfectly valid way to enjoy them. 😁❤️

For me, giving them little character traits is the only way i can figure out how I want them to look...and sometimes how they look then cycles back around into their character! My first Icon is a good example of that. When I first got her, her expression made me think of delinquents, so I had all these plans to style her like a punk...and then one of my favorite faceup artists opened commissions, and now she's getting a much more innocent look!

Screenshot_20220424-200941_Painter-2.jpg.c0fd9c30702a05c351aa0697035d40cc.jpg

So now she's some sort of galactic princess. I'll figure out more once she returns, I'm sure! I wish I could just put whatever's pretty on my dolls, but I just don't operate that way, lol.

• Like 3

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

NozomiViolet

I have done so for both my resin dolls and vinyl dolls. Currently most of my vinyl crew is unnamed, but one of my Smart dolls went from a pretty pastel princess to more earth tomes and nature vibes. I like her look now so much better.

• Like 1

maboree

I used to have a name and backstory for every doll but as the years have passed, Ive gotten to the point of calling the dolls whatever I feel like on that day (mostly because I just don't remember them anymore haha) 

Sometimes I imagine them having a new personality based on an outfit change. 

Rajke
On 9/22/2022 at 9:35 PM, Gwandak said:

I'll be honest, I don't really have a character or personality thought up for my doll :( too be honest I see a lot of other people on this forum who have created personalities and background stories for their dolls and I kind of feel bad. At the same time I want to but I feel like I lack the creativity to do so. At least past a basic level...

I think personality of the doll develops after some time. With Serphien I knew her name and backstory from start. With Shisha I have changed her name and style and troughout the photo’s I made of her bit by bit her personality gets shape. Take photo’s, change outfits, make some items and after some time the backstory and character will be clear. @onion29@

• Like 3

usagisea
On 9/22/2022 at 9:39 PM, NozomiViolet said:

I have done so for both my resin dolls and vinyl dolls. Currently most of my vinyl crew is unnamed, but one of my Smart dolls went from a pretty pastel princess to more earth tomes and nature vibes. I like her look now so much better.

Aww, she’s like a real person with phases! 

NozomiViolet
26 minutes ago, usagisea said:

Aww, she’s like a real person with phases! 

She really is. it's like she matured in a way.

bubblysoda

Towa arrived a few weeks ago, I was going to keep the name she came with, but I decided to rename her Leila.

usagisea
1 hour ago, NozomiViolet said:

She really is. it's like she matured in a way.

I’m so proud of her! 🥰

• Like 1

Tasuke

Well... my Konomi Yuzuhara has gone from being a schoolgirl when i first found her in 2019,

to becoming... my Wife♥

10063377a.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

Konomi_9-12-22_RESIZE_40.jpg?width=1920&

she really doesn't mind being that Schoolgirl all over again, though, whenever the mood strikes;

Konomi_Yuzuhara_12-23-21_RESIZE_CROP_35.

Edited by Tasuke
  • Haha 1

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png