Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Rella

How do I put this back in??? {UPDATE: She’s fixed!!!}

Rella

Edit: I was able to get it back in!! Thank you for the help!!

I was going to change her clothes and when I was taking out her arm it seems like it came out of the frame. I tried putting it back in but it’s so hard. How do I do this??? I’m actually spooked. I don’t know what to do.

83055E5D-FE8B-4FE2-8B3A-3BB80ED1B7EE.jpeg

449E7C44-0B4A-4354-AB78-2ADD6D01F89E.jpeg

Edited by Rella-Chan622

BeyondTime

You just slide the peg back into that hole. It's a bit hard because you can't see what is happening, so you have to do it by feel.

She's not broken though, those parts do come apart by design. Just keep at it until it slides in.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

I've found it can help to press a finger against the shoulder peg to move that socket within the upper arm skin to where it's centered before trying to put the lower piece back in and by doing that it's easier to get it to go where it's supposed to.

Rella

I’m trying to push it in but I’m too scared I’m going to break it. I honestly don’t know if I have the strength to do this. Is there a easier way?

Rella

I don’t know if I’m being too careful but it’s not going in. I don’t know if I’m just too scared of the peg snapping off or if i just can’t get it on at all.

Tierparkzone

Weird... Ok, a few other options:

A) Put the lower arm in the fridge for like 30 minutes then try again. The pin should have shrunken down a bit, so it might slide in easier.

NOTE: Plastic tends to get more brittle while cool - so this time definitely be careful about how much force to use. Then again - if it works as expected, you probably wont need much at all.

B) Some grease might help. But I don't know what type is usually used for Smart Dolls (silicone grease is my best guess). Also I have no idea how much to apply, so your dolls arm doesn't become too lose.

C) If you have trouble aligning the pin in the first place, maybe using a file to chamfer the end of the pin (just a tiny bit) might also help.

Keeping fingers cross, your repair turns out successful!

Rella

I re watched the video on building the frame. It looks like I need to grease it. I don't know if I need a specific kind but I don't think I do. I'm also not sure where to buy grease.

Rella

Will Vaseline work? I have that and I don’t know where to buy grease.

Jezrah

Vaseline is petroleum based, and it will break down plastics over time. Do not use it on a doll.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

K-2

First thing is to relax. Nothing's broken and in all likelihood nothing is going to. If this is your first vinyl you may not be familiar with the dynamics of their internal skeletons. Some of these joint parts fit very tightly on purpose. Assembling and disassembling can be more intimidating than unstringing a resin. You're going to have to do what might seem like manhandling the doll so wash your hands to minimize the skin oils and dirt deposited on the vinyl. Then take a deep breath. You can do this. You'll be a pro in no time.

You shouldn't need any sort of additional lubricant. Lubricant is used during assembly because plastic joints of this type can squeak when operated. It really has nothing to do with the actual joint motion or assembly.

I just disassembled one of my girls and reassembled her to get the lay of the land. If you feel along the peg you'll notice a little ridge going around the peg. That ridge has been designed to impart just the right amount of friction to allow the joint to rotate nicely. It also provides more resistance to keep the peg in place, much more when you're trying to move the lower arm in and out than when it's rotating. It can make inserting the peg seem difficult. This is normal.

The peg is long enough that you can see inside the vinyl and touch the peg to the hole in the sleeve of the upper arm. Once you have the peg touching the sleeve, you just have to try and make sure the peg (on the elbow) is parallel with the sleeve (in the upper arm). Line the peg up parallel to the lower arm. Hold the lower arm by the elbow joint while inserting. This will help with keeping the two parts aligned and minimize any side ways pressure that can cause problems. It does take a little "oomph" to get the peg started in the sleeve and firm pressure to seat it completely.

So as mentioned before, just go slow and be careful. You can do this.

MVSig.jpg

Rella

I was looking for different ways to put this in. Someone suggested putting soft butter on the joint and sliding it in. Will that work?

Shailara

I wouldn't, because the butter oils may likely stain the doll weirdly (also, isn't that going to grow mold...??? ew...). Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can use a hair dryer to heat up the peg a little bit, that will make it slightly easier.
Honestly, there is nothing that will make it more of a walk in the park than it already is. Just give it to someone else who is stronger than you to do it. 

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Rella

I’m honestly loosing hope on this. I might just order a new part..

K-2
2 hours ago, Rella-Chan622 said:

I’m honestly loosing hope on this. I might just order a new part..

Save your money. The part is not broken and you'll end up with another part exactly the same as the one you've got.

Perhaps you know someone who can help you. Do you know anyone who is handy, more mechanically inclined, assembles models or garage kits?

MVSig.jpg

freakie-oppa

I don't want to offend, but I don't think it's wise to be getting a new piece when you haven't really figured out what's going on with the current one. There isn't going to be a new method to slide in a new piece. I do recommend asking a family member or friend to try helping you fit it in instead, maybe?

Out of curiosity, have you dismantled your dolls arm before? If you have, are you capable of putting the other pieces back in with ease? Such as, the shoulder peg, or the hand peg? Is the elbow peg the only one giving your difficulty?

Edited by freakie-oppa

Rella

I never disassembled my smart doll. I have disassembled my dollfie dream before though.

BeyondTime
45 minutes ago, Rella-Chan622 said:

I never disassembled my smart doll. I have disassembled my dollfie dream before though.

Is this a case of getting it lined up, but it won’t slide in no matter how hard you are trying? You could try removing the upper arm frame from the vinyl and see if you can get the pieces to fit without the vinyl obscuring your ability to line them up.

One lubricant that might be safe for the doll is graphite powder. It gets used to lubricate locks, and won’t decay like an organic lubricant. It’s black, so you don’t want to get it on the vinyl. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Shailara

Well, if you are seriously thinking of buying a new arm, then you might as well try to force the arm back in its place. The worst that can happen is that it breaks, but if you were going to buy a new one anyway, it wouldn't make a difference, financially. 

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)