Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Luther

DDdy vs DDy III? (Or f3 now I guess?)

Pit
16 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Coolcats sells parts that fix shoulder and hip cracks. If the elbow part is the part that is inside the arm you might try heat shrink tubing.

Ty for the recommendation! Fortunately the shoulders and hips are not cracked but I already watched some reviews and those reinforcements are pretty suggested. I just ordered a pair just in case. Better safe than sorry. Now, about the cracked joint, I leave some photos here: 

SQadv4f.jpg

DGkokS0.jpg

It moves and stays in its place as usual, but it feels a bit loose compared to the other arm joint :s. Any suggestion?

Edited by Pit

BeyondTime

I don't know of a fix for that. You may just need to replace the arm. Unfortunately they come in pairs.

• Sad 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

mayaiincho

I'll comment this at least. Imo I seriously hate the esthetics of the 3rd generation elbow joints. Alsty is my main photo subject for nearly all my photos and I stick to the original DY body because the old true ball joint really do look better. Oh I can rant on about this all day.. But sadly too much limited range in motion. Once I get the new f3 body from 2B I'll see if I can mod it. 

Edited by mayaiincho

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

animex99
On 11/2/2019 at 1:58 PM, Pit said:

Ty for the recommendation! Fortunately the shoulders and hips are not cracked but I already watched some reviews and those reinforcements are pretty suggested. I just ordered a pair just in case. Better safe than sorry. Now, about the cracked joint, I leave some photos here: 

SQadv4f.jpg

DGkokS0.jpg

It moves and stays in its place as usual, but it feels a bit loose compared to the other arm joint :s. Any suggestion?

Unscrew the elbow and apply some superglue. It will stop the crack getting worse. Replacement tho is best.

As far as DDdy F3, it's the only DDdy body I will touch. I had a DDdy 3 body that I have had to repair/replace 80% of the inner frame. The 3 torso frame is just a weaker design and prone to breaking. The 3 hips are also a horrible design and put too much stress on the joint making them crack. The upper arm joint is also prone to shearing apart if you don't support it when bending the elbow.

The DDdy 3 body I would only suggest if your doll is just going to sit around and not be moved or played with alot. The F3 just has improvements that help the durability. 

Jezrah
4 hours ago, animex99 said:

As far as DDdy F3, it's the only DDdy body I will touch. I had a DDdy 3 body that I have had to repair/replace 80% of the inner frame. The 3 torso frame is just a weaker design and prone to breaking. The 3 hips are also a horrible design and put too much stress on the joint making them crack. The upper arm joint is also prone to shearing apart if you don't support it when bending the elbow.

The DDdy 3 body I would only suggest if your doll is just going to sit around and not be moved or played with alot. The F3 just has improvements that help the durability. 

Was this DDdyIII from an earlier production run? All the III series had cracking and stress issues in the early production runs, but by the later runs the design had been tweaked and less cracking was occurring. I haven't personally had any issues with my later run bodies. But then, I suppose it depends on what a lot of play would entail. I have several dolls and I like to rotate my attention with them.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

animex99
On 11/12/2019 at 3:22 PM, Jezrah said:

Was this DDdyIII from an earlier production run? All the III series had cracking and stress issues in the early production runs, but by the later runs the design had been tweaked and less cracking was occurring. I haven't personally had any issues with my later run bodies. But then, I suppose it depends on what a lot of play would entail. I have several dolls and I like to rotate my attention with them.

Yeah, it was one of the first of the DDdy 3. That does make sense. Good to know for reference.

jadepixel

The elbow joint cracking has happened to all my DDS bodies. So far it hasn't actually created any issues - the joint doesn't crack all the way through and it doesn't affect posing. It seems that superglue holds it together too, just be careful not to glue moving parts together. I wouldn't replace it until/if it fails completely.

Pit

Ty for these answers. Was scared cracks some way could go through the other side, breaking the elbow completely. Even so, I'll try using superglue as all of you said.  

Hope I can "upgrade" to f3 in the future if Its necessary.

Edited by Pit