Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Galvatim

Sporty Flare

Galvatim

I picked up one of the active wear sets from Volks recently.  

48936512413_94fbce7708_c.jpg

48936447383_b5c323587f_c.jpg

48936508878_8e151d3d33_c.jpg

Volks recommended pairing the outfit with these shoes...

48936434348_4537d04e33_c.jpg

They're gigantic!  Volks has a very loose definition of "fits DD."  Of course they go on, but they look like clown shoes.  

I'm still happy with the outfit, but I'll need to look for better shoes.  

• Like 2

cfx

Ooh, thanks, I was wondering how that outfit fit on DD, as Volks has only shown it on DDdy in their official pictures and with the smaller waist on DD I wondered how the bra top would fit, and if it would cover the body seam. I have seen one pic on DD from one of the store displays, but the doll had its arms raised up which makes the fit of anything not look great.

Edit: I'm a moron. This is the "boyish" set and not the "girly" SD16 one that Volks shows on DDdy. So I still supect that one is going to be a poor fit on DD.

Shoe fit is a sore point with me too. Don't buy SB-SD-212, the black athletic shoes, as I have those and they're huge too. I kinda wanted the recent white ones because they looked nice, but I didn't get them because I figured there was a high chance they'd be huge as well. I find it especially bad with outfits like this, or well anything with bare legs.

Edited by cfx
  • Like 1

growcian
30 minutes ago, Galvatim said:

They're gigantic!  Volks has a very loose definition of "fits DD."  Of course they go on, but they look like clown shoes.

"Grandma! What big feet you have!"

"I'm a teenager, you little brat!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2B_banner01.jpg.962d91244de709d8a9e140bd8ee9ed52.jpg

baldylox

Ahh, that outfit looks good on her!  I was able to get all three versions of that style and I'm hoping they'll be here this week sometime.  I never got a shipped email with tracking but I did find a tracking number when I went to the website and checked under my orders.

It's too bad those shoes are so big.  I really like the pattern and coloring on them.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Galvatim
22 hours ago, cfx said:

Ooh, thanks, I was wondering how that outfit fit on DD, as Volks has only shown it on DDdy in their official pictures and with the smaller waist on DD I wondered how the bra top would fit, and if it would cover the body seam. I have seen one pic on DD from one of the store displays, but the doll had its arms raised up which makes the fit of anything not look great.

Edit: I'm a moron. This is the "boyish" set and not the "girly" SD16 one that Volks shows on DDdy. So I still supect that one is going to be a poor fit on DD.

Shoe fit is a sore point with me too. Don't buy SB-SD-212, the black athletic shoes, as I have those and they're huge too. I kinda wanted the recent white ones because they looked nice, but I didn't get them because I figured there was a high chance they'd be huge as well. I find it especially bad with outfits like this, or well anything with bare legs.

Yeah, this is the "boyish" set.  I'm not sure what's meant to be boyish about it, most boys don't wear skirts or sports bras when doing athletics.  The bra is very tight, so if the DDdy set is as tight and stretchy as this one, it should fit L bust well.  Flare is L bust, and it's tough getting this one zipped.  Speaking of tight fits, She's going commando under those leggings, which are also a tight fit.  Volks' sizing seems a little off lately.  I noticed the mini set doesn't list DDP as fitting.  

I'll probably sell off the shoes, they're just too comically large.  At least I have some canvas sneakers Flare can wear with this.  

Galvatim
17 hours ago, baldylox said:

Ahh, that outfit looks good on her!  I was able to get all three versions of that style and I'm hoping they'll be here this week sometime.  I never got a shipped email with tracking but I did find a tracking number when I went to the website and checked under my orders.

It's too bad those shoes are so big.  I really like the pattern and coloring on them.

Billy

If you get the chance, let us know if the mini set really won't fit DDP.  I won't buy it if Louise can't wear it.  

baldylox
6 hours ago, Galvatim said:

If you get the chance, let us know if the mini set really won't fit DDP.  I won't buy it if Louise can't wear it.  

No problem!  I hope to have them by the weekend so I'll check it out for you and let you know.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

cfx
10 hours ago, Galvatim said:

Yeah, this is the "boyish" set.  I'm not sure what's meant to be boyish about it, most boys don't wear skirts or sports bras when doing athletics.

I guess it's in comparison to the "girly" one since that has the skirt that looks liike a tutu; this one is totally masculine in comparison ro that. :classic_laugh:

10 hours ago, Galvatim said:

The bra is very tight, so if the DDdy set is as tight and stretchy as this one, it should fit L bust well.  Flare is L bust, and it's tough getting this one zipped.  Speaking of tight fits, She's going commando under those leggings, which are also a tight fit.  Volks' sizing seems a little off lately.

I generally don't bother with pantsu under pants or leggings on DDs. They're not really needed there, and you may end up with unwanted panty lines.

I found the pic I remembered of the girly set on a DD; it's from one of the Volks store blogs:

1009_02.jpg

Ok, it's not the best example since she's got her arms up which tends to make any outfit not look its best. However, the top isn't that tight, and it doesn't seem to conform to the bodyline below the bust that well.  The fit is ok, but not what I'd consider good. You can also see how loose the frilly skirt is.

I'll just link since it isn't my pic and is maybe mildy NSFW-ish, @Beani has a store display pic of this one on a DDdy, and it fits a lot better, especially around the larger body/waistline:

[picture - caution it may poke your eyes out]

So that proves Volks edited their official pictures lol.

Since I now know there are others here who are dissatisfied with Volks shoe sizing like I am, I will start a topic with information on how various shoes I have fit. As I'll want to take reference pictures and I have some nastier things to deal with right now it may be a while but I promise to do it.

Edited by cfx
  • Like 1

Galvatim

@cfx I took a look at Volks' official pics, and yeah, they're either shopped or using the very uncommon smooth DDdy bust.  Which would be funny, since looking at the set, I'm tempted to get it for my Yoko, the only current DDdy with the smooth bust.  I just don't think the jeans go with the rest of the set.  If I could find some shorts or leggings that looked more athletic, maybe.  

Not trying to rush you, but I'll be keeping an eye out for that shoe size thread.  

BeyondTime
11 hours ago, Galvatim said:

Yeah, this is the "boyish" set.  I'm not sure what's meant to be boyish about it, most boys don't wear skirts or sports bras when doing athletics.  The bra is very tight, so if the DDdy set is as tight and stretchy as this one, it should fit L bust well.  Flare is L bust, and it's tough getting this one zipped.  Speaking of tight fits, She's going commando under those leggings, which are also a tight fit.  Volks' sizing seems a little off lately.  I noticed the mini set doesn't list DDP as fitting.  

I'll probably sell off the shoes, they're just too comically large.  At least I have some canvas sneakers Flare can wear with this.  

Think any shoe for SD Girls will be big on DD. I have a lot of them for Belldandy, and they are long on DD. They work ok on SmD feet though, a bit wide but good length. I passed on the white ones for that same reason. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

BeyondTime
On 10/21/2019 at 10:41 AM, Galvatim said:

I'm still happy with the outfit, but I'll need to look for better shoes.  

I think those would fit SD16 flat feet. 

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx
20 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I think those would fit SD16 flat feet. 

That's not a Volks size category, though. In Volks naming conventions, the only SD16 (girl) shoes are for high-heel feet. Presumably the regular SD ones fit the SD16 flat feet, and they don't need to be as huge as these are.

For this particular case, here's what I'm wondering: look at SB-SD16B-058 here. Same style of shoe, in red instead of blue. Volks never rates the SD boy shoes as compatible with SD girls, or with DD, but I wonder if this is a case where these shoes were made with the exact same pattern as those older ones, perhaps by accident?

I don't want to get into too much of this here as I want to save it for my shoe thread where it can be found later as some reference, but I have the SB-SD-226 pumps from this page. These shoes fit DD feet as perfectly as anyone could hope for. Since they're sized, and named, for SD13 feet, that tells me the dimensions on SD13 feet can't be all that different from DD feet, so most of these shoes that are loose or huge aren't because they're made for SD, they're loose or huge because Volks just made them that way for some unfathomable reason.

Here is one more example of how inconsistent this is. I know from another thread we both wanted but avoided the SB-SD-231 white sneakers because after those huge black ones there was no reason to think these would be any better in terms of size. It seems that we were wrong; here those are on Miku and seem to look fine, just a link as I don't want to clutter up @Galvatim's thread with a bunch of other pictures:

https://www.volks.co.jp/dress/image/1907/dress1907_p15b.jpg

BeyondTime
13 hours ago, cfx said:

That's not a Volks size category, though. In Volks naming conventions, the only SD16 (girl) shoes are for high-heel feet. Presumably the regular SD ones fit the SD16 flat feet, and they don't need to be as huge as these are.

True, and one interesting thing about SD 16 flat feet is their size isn’t that different from DD feet. They are about the same length as DD feet, but that are a bit wider and look to be a slight bit bulkier. 

13 hours ago, cfx said:

I don't want to get into too much of this here as I want to save it for my shoe thread where it can be found later as some reference, but I have the SB-SD-226 pumps from this page. These shoes fit DD feet as perfectly as anyone could hope for. Since they're sized, and named, for SD13 feet, that tells me the dimensions on SD13 feet can't be all that different from DD feet, so most of these shoes that are loose or huge aren't because they're made for SD, they're loose or huge because Volks just made them that way for some unfathomable reason.

I checked some measurements on DoA. A disclaimer here, they say width, but I believe they mean height because the numbers don’t make sense otherwise. I want to get a ruler and confirm some of these. I have zero reason to doubt DOA, given the number of members I think errors would be caught quickly.  The “width” has me scratching my head though.

SD13

Length: 6cm

Width: 3cm

SDGr heel feet

Length: 7.3 cm

Width: 4 cm

SDGr flat feet (?) DoA called it an alternate measurement. I’ll measure mine later to confirm.

Length: 6 cm

Width: 2.5 cm

SD / SD10

Length: 6.5 cm

Width: 3 cm

SD 16

Length heel: 7.5 cm

Length flat: 6.7 cm

DD / DDDy

Length: 6.5 cm

Presumably the SD10 / SD13 foot measurements are the normal flat feet and not the FCS Only heel feet. 

I’ve been told SD shoes are perfect for SD 16 flat. 

As with other things Volks, the actual fit may depend on what range of dolls they intend it to fit. In addition it seems pretty clear their heel feet are much longer, so that’s likely why SD heels are terrible on DD

Edit: I did a quick measurement of SDGr flat feet. 

They are closer to 6.5 cm long from heel to big toe. They are 2.5 cm wide at their widest point, and height depends on where you measure. Bottom of the heel to the hook eye is 2.5 cm, but to the highest point is 3 cm. I don’t believe SDGr heels are 4 cm wide at any point, so I am still scratching my head as to why they say “width” for that measurement. I need to measure those, but won’t have time until tonight. 

Edit 2: Measuring the SDGr heels. The length they give is the length following the bottom surface of the foot front to back 7.3 cm. Foot width is 2.5 cm, and height is 4.5 cm. Measuring the space the foot uses front to back on the ground is 6 cm.

Edited by BeyondTime

Gabriel
On 10/21/2019 at 12:41 PM, Galvatim said:

48936434348_4537d04e33_c.jpg

That's no shoe, that's a space station!

or

What you're not comprehending is that one shoe is for both of her feet.

or

As my great grandmother used to always tell me when she was buying shoes for me, "Make sure you have a lot of toe room."

• Haha 1

growcian
21 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

No wonder the Millennium Falcon and a TIE Fighter are attached to it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2B_banner01.jpg.962d91244de709d8a9e140bd8ee9ed52.jpg

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, Gabriel said:

It’s a shoe fit for Shaquille O’Neal the DD

Dollfie-Sarah

The sneakers are so cute! 

Galvatim

Flare stole Lucy's sneakers!

48977104952_e1d22aea20_c.jpg

48976368943_59cd3cb205_c.jpg

These shoes are from Dolldelights on eBay.  I couldn't get them on over Flare's socks, I'll have to mess around with them later.  They look far better than those ginormous Volks shoes.

48976368828_3bd651cf1b_c.jpg

Lucy doesn't seem too upset about having her shoes stolen.  

• Like 1

Singer Yuna
On 10/23/2019 at 6:09 AM, Galvatim said:

Not trying to rush you, but I'll be keeping an eye out for that shoe size thread.  

Not trying to rush @cfx but the shoe post may be in the next year resolutions xD

• Haha 1

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

Galvatim

49415664787_bcd4511503_c.jpg

49415456961_ce21cd102e_c.jpg

Messing around with the boyish sporty set.  

49417972432_7f571d2298_c.jpg

49417282333_88ab9ece4d_c.jpg

The yellow jacket is from the swim team set.  

• Like 2

cfx

I really like the yellow jacket; it has a nice fit and the material just seems to better conform while the sporty jackets seem to bloom out more like tents.

cfx

I take back what I posted earlier about the Sporty Girly set not fitting so well on DD. Found this instagram pic, which I think is probably the L shapely bust on DD; I know it isn't DDdy because the waist is too small. Will hide so as to not clutter this thread with random pics of others' dolls:

Spoiler