Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
baldylox

Dollfie Icon Tawny box opening & info pics

baldylox

As most of you know by now, I was able to win the Volks After Event lottery for one of the tan Dollfie Icon girls named Terra.  I entered for her and Petal, the green skinned one but only won the tan girl.  Luckily, she was the one I wanted the most anyway so I got very lucky!  :)

Anyways, I haven't seen anyone doing a box opening for an Icon girl yet so I decided to do one.  I took lots of photos so people could see what they come with and how they're packed because it's a little different than most DD girls.

So let's get started!  Here is the obligatory boring box photo:

48970420543_c69e447dd1_z.jpgDSC_0546 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

They let you know right away that this doll is a bit different from other Volks vinyls.

48970406633_3ce3ce7935_z.jpgDSC_0547 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

The "RG" stands for "Romantic Gaze".  That means her eyes aren't open all the way like the regular versions.

48970405708_9ff2bf3854_z.jpgDSC_0548 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

The front of the box.  It's a thicker plastic than the yellow ones and it's clear.

48970404938_6ddafe8474_z.jpgDSC_0549 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

And the back.

48970404073_125795a8f0_z.jpgDSC_0550 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

This is the certificate of authenticity.  I didn't expect she would come with this!  Very cool.  It has the face up artists name and the date she was made!

48970965386_cf41ab898b_z.jpgDSC_0551 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

Here she is freed from her box.  I like the face cover shield, I've only ever seen these on resin dolls.  Also, notice the piercings on her tummy.  I was told these would only be included on the first run of Icon dolls that you could only get at Dollpa.  It seems that Volks decided that the After Event girls would be included in this category. 

48971122477_8c8b204e3a_z.jpgDSC_0552 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

If anyone else has an Icon from the After Event, I'd love to know if their girl has these too.

48971136522_ef8b937b9e_z.jpgDSC_0553 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

And here is Tawny!  Tawny is actually the name of the skin tone Volks uses for her but I like that name better for her than Terra.

48970400623_acd82eec45_z.jpgDSC_0554 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

She comes with earrings too, they are really nice looking.  And she's got some serious eyelashes as well.  :)

48970399673_24e331f97e_z.jpgDSC_0555 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

Speaking of earrings, Volks included the backs for them.  I'm not sure why tho unless you plan to take them out and use them yourself?

48970963406_20bc4af4a3_z.jpgDSC_0559 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

The colors in her faceup are simply amazing.

48971140932_70b008cbeb_z.jpgDSC_0556 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

Here she is with the wig she came with.

48971117562_98e4b28b5b_z.jpgDSC_0557 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

It looks great on her but I would have preferred the white wig instead.  😄

48970397093_9fd460cb01_z.jpgDSC_0558 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

48971115067_9afcd69d8f_z.jpgDSC_0560 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

Here are the clothes she came with.  All white!

48971114332_2c75757fc3_z.jpgDSC_0561 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

And her shoes.

48971108522_b496ecf22a_z.jpgDSC_0562 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

And here is all of her paperwork.  I love this kind of stuff.  😉

48970967166_f6a7ca2208_z.jpgDSC_0563 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

Some detailed pics for you to peruse....

48970934171_8dbb60da46_z.jpgDSC_0564 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

48970385913_d6bdf51d22_z.jpgDSC_0565 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

48971098752_ae79b9a218_z.jpgDSC_0566 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

48970941636_b9eebde366_z.jpgDSC_0567 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

48970931146_b8303555ca_z.jpgDSC_0568 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

48970922296_3a79876dc1_z.jpgDSC_0569 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

Ok, Terra says enough of you guys and gals looking at paperwork, it's time to shift your attention to HER.  😄

48970382973_4464d6758f_z.jpgDSC_0570 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

I'd like to thank Volks for NOT cheaping out on these clothes.  Instead of the normal metal hook and single thread loop they love to use on clothing nowadays, ALL of the loops on these clothes are METAL.  I absolutely despise those stupid loops of thread.

Oh, the clothes fit super nice too.  LOL

48970382073_b36657d042_z.jpgDSC_0571 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

48970372468_dc74650923_z.jpgDSC_0572 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

Mmmmm… nice tan tummy....

48970918556_60fc6c1e0c_z.jpgDSC_0573 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

48971091022_497a326982_z.jpgDSC_0574 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

48970916806_9ed10f56d4_z.jpgDSC_0575 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

I am still amazed at how detailed and simply stunning she is.  Everything about her face is gorgeous!  <3

48971101362_355a6f7814_z.jpgDSC_0576 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

Every angle gives you different layers of color and even some glitter effects!

48970380068_9cd61d3c4d_z.jpgDSC_0577 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

Here is the skirt she comes with.  She doesn't seem to like it very much tho.

48970379143_66b6af7bae_z.jpgDSC_0578 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

48970366168_9f63bd4348_z.jpgDSC_0579 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

She won't stay in her default clothing long.  I get the feeling from her that she is a bit of a diva and will be a bit of a brand whore.  XD XD  Meaning, if it isn't Volks or Smartdoll clothing, she's not wearing it.  😉

48971085387_5cdddb4062_z.jpgDSC_0580 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

48970364513_1697f63b5e_z.jpgDSC_0581 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

Pearl earrings again.

48970363593_5f06b69cba_z.jpgDSC_0582 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

And one more shot of that shiny coloring she gets in certain light.

48970909341_a396376c66_z.jpgDSC_0583 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

There we have it!  It's been a while since I had this much fun and felt the excitement of opening a brand new girl.  Oddly enough, this is only my 4th Volks doll that I have purchased directly from them brand new.  The others were all Fate series girls... Saber Extra, Rin Tousaka V2 and then the re-release of Saber Blue Arturia.  Now I have Tawny to go in that tiny group.  All my other girls have been purchased 2nd, 3rd or even 4th hand on the aftermarket.  So yeah, opening Tawny was a bit of a small event for me.  :)

I'd like to thank the powers that  be at Volks USA for allowing me to adopt this amazing lady from them.  And I appreciate everything they do there to help out collectors here in North America.  Thanks so much for being awesome people and helping us all spend our hard earned money with you!  LOL

Billy

• Like 3

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Poofiemus

Congrats! She's absolutely gorgeous. Could "Tawny" be short for "Antonia", perhaps? (With a Southern drawl, that could turn into "An-tawn-ee-a" lol) She's gotta have some fancy ass name to make the plebs call her, Tawny is only what her inner circle gets away with!

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

baldylox
On 11/2/2019 at 2:54 PM, Poofiemus said:

Congrats! She's absolutely gorgeous. Could "Tawny" be short for "Antonia", perhaps? (With a Southern drawl, that could turn into "An-tawn-ee-a" lol) She's gotta have some fancy ass name to make the plebs call her, Tawny is only what her inner circle gets away with!

Thank you very much!  She insists her God given name is just that.... Tawny.  Nothing longer or shorter.  She says it's like Cher or Madonna.  😉  She's fine with people using her name as long as they don't try to say it's short or long for something else.  THAT is what she gets irate about.  LOL  

She also pronounces it short.  Tonny, like Donny.  Not Taw-Nee or Tawn-ee or Tunny.  Straight up in one fast word..... Tawny.  She shoots you evil looks when you drag it out.  XD

Billy

Moonsour

The body (any maybe ears?) piercings are a first run special edition! My understanding is that future releases of Icon won't have those.

baldylox
13 minutes ago, Moonsour said:

The body (any maybe ears?) piercings are a first run special edition! My understanding is that future releases of Icon won't have those.

That is what I heard as well but I have yet to see anyone else posting photos of their Icon girls.  A good friend who was lucky enough to adopt TWO Icon girls at the actual Dollpa Event said the same thing.  The only thing I can think of is that either my girl was leftover from Dollpa or the Icon dolls they made for the After Event were done and treated the same as the actual event girls.

Either way I'm happy because I really like the piercings on my girl.  <3 

Billy

BeyondTime
On 11/2/2019 at 5:37 AM, baldylox said:

She won't stay in her default clothing long.  I get the feeling from her that she is a bit of a diva and will be a bit of a brand whore.  XD XD  Meaning, if it isn't Volks or Smartdoll clothing, she's not wearing it.  😉

She'd look good in SmD outfits, they have more of a Paris runway model feel to them.

I'd like to thank Volks for NOT cheaping out on these clothes.  Instead of the normal metal hook and single thread loop they love to use on clothing nowadays, ALL of the loops on these clothes are METAL.  I absolutely despise those stupid loops of thread.

The thread loop might make it easier for owners to adjust the clothing fit to a different doll.

2 hours ago, baldylox said:

The only thing I can think of is that either my girl was leftover from Dollpa or the Icon dolls they made for the After Event were done and treated the same as the actual event girls.

I think the Dolpa and the Dolpa after event are essentially the same thing as far as releases are concerned. Future Icons will be their own thing.

Edit:

I like the face cover shield, I've only ever seen these on resin dolls.

I think they use those because of the eyelashes. I use those along with the Volks wrapping blanket for DD when transporting them. Put the face mask on nice and tight, put the head with mask in the protective pocket on the blanket, and then wrap them up like a doll burrito.

I would hang on to it, but if you reuse it I would replace the yellow tape with the skin protect tape. That yellow tape can cause color migration on a DD. Ideally you don't want the tape touching her face period, but if it comes undone, better to use something that should not stain her.

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Minty

Congrats! 😄She is stunning! I love the faceups Volks did for the Tawny ladies.

I've seen some other lottery Icon pictures on another doll forum and their Icons have the piercings too.

I hope we'll see a lot of Tawny on the forums.

baldylox
7 hours ago, Minty said:

Congrats! 😄She is stunning! I love the faceups Volks did for the Tawny ladies.

I've seen some other lottery Icon pictures on another doll forum and their Icons have the piercings too.

I hope we'll see a lot of Tawny on the forums.

Thank you very much!  I agree that the face ups are stunning.  I've never seen such detail and coloring.  I do hope we get to see more Icon photos here soon, I especially want to see more of Clover, the green hued girl.  I wanted her too but didn't win her.  Maybe next time if there is one!  😉

Billy

BeyondTime
10 minutes ago, baldylox said:

Thank you very much!  I agree that the face ups are stunning.  I've never seen such detail and coloring.  I do hope we get to see more Icon photos here soon, I especially want to see more of Clover, the green hued girl.  I wanted her too but didn't win her.  Maybe next time if there is one!  😉

Billy

My hope is that the young lady who designed those faceups does more work for Volks in the future. She’s pretty awesome, and her work would bring a lot of joy to everyone who receives it. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

baldylox
2 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

My hope is that the young lady who designed those faceups does more work for Volks in the future. She’s pretty awesome, and her work would bring a lot of joy to everyone who receives it. 

I totally agree with you there!  Give her more work to do and let people get the chance to own some more of it!  I'm all for giving artists their due and credit, especially when they do such nice work and sound like wonderful people.  :)  

Also, I will definitely be putting Tawny in some SmD outfits.  I have quite a few of them now ( been picking up older stuff on FB recently for decent money ) so she'll be modeling for us soon.  😉

Billy

• Like 1

sinclair

Congrats.

But I did notice on the paperwork is says to use Dream Rescue for stains, does that mean it won't remove the color of the doll's skin too?

baldylox
1 hour ago, sinclair said:

Congrats.

But I did notice on the paperwork is says to use Dream Rescue for stains, does that mean it won't remove the color of the doll's skin too?

Thank you!  The vinyl itself is molded in that nice tan color, not painted or dyed so the color won't go anywhere since it's the same all the way thru.  I do wonder if using that crème might cause some color fading or discoloration tho.  I'll do what I can to make sure I don't ever need to use it.  😄

Billy

baldylox
9 hours ago, TheWhiteRabbit said:

She is super pretty, the sculpt of her face and the colors they chose are definitely going to be a lot of fun to play against angles and lighting. Congrats! 

Thank you very much!  She's totally different from any other doll I own so I think that's why I'm going on and on about her.  😉  Lighting differences do make a huge difference with her too as seen in my other thread with her where I got some wonderful "Golden Hour" light photos.  Now I just need some time off to get her outdoors for more pics!

Billy

• Like 1

Ui-

Wow... the makeup is so well done it’s almost unbelievable. I haven’t heard anything about these dolls. But wow I’m gonna look them up. Some of the best makeup work I’ve seen. The lipstick really pops. 

baldylox
On 12/8/2019 at 7:35 PM, Ui- said:

Wow... the makeup is so well done it’s almost unbelievable. I haven’t heard anything about these dolls. But wow I’m gonna look them up. Some of the best makeup work I’ve seen. The lipstick really pops. 

I totally agree!  The detailing on her is completely off the scale from what I'm used to.  So many colors and shades and the depth of them all.... it's almost too much to take in!  😄  I want another one for sure if they are made available again.... the green girl Clover is calling to me.  <3  

Billy

Koala-Krash

She's one of my favs Dollfie Icons so far, I love everything about her! What an amazing doll, congrats for winning her!

baldylox
11 hours ago, Koala-Krash said:

She's one of my favs Dollfie Icons so far, I love everything about her! What an amazing doll, congrats for winning her!

Thanks so much!  I agree, she was THE girl I was drawn to when I first saw the Icons revealed.  Doll Karma DOES work out!  😄

Billy