Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
DesertPhantom51

Mickey and Minnie Hats from Disney

DesertPhantom51

My wife and I are avid Disney fans, and we buy an ornament for most of our trips to the park to signify what the trip was for.  This time when we went I noticed they had these miniature versions of the Mickey Mouse Ears hat and Minnie Mouse Ear headbands that looked just about the right size, so I bought a set and they work great! I saw a few of them available on shopdisney.com, but not the full variety that was at the park.  Just thought I'd share in case anybody else wanted to get a set! Pic related: 

20191215_140608.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Poofiemus

Those are awesome! I'm looking at Shop Disney but must be missing a search term, I've only found full size ears so far.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

DesertPhantom51
12 minutes ago, Poofiemus said:

Those are awesome! I'm looking at Shop Disney but must be missing a search term, I've only found full size ears so far.

I checked a few days ago and they were in, but I went back to look and it looks like most of them are sold out at the moment (this tends to happen when they have sales) but when you do search, make sure to include 'ornament' in the search, that's how I got them to pop up.  It looks like the only one in at the moment is the one based on Russell from Up. Link

Poofiemus
Just now, DesertPhantom51 said:

I checked a few days ago and they were in, but I went back to look and it looks like most of them are sold out at the moment (this tends to happen when they have sales) but when you do search, make sure to include 'ornament' in the search, that's how I got them to pop up.  It looks like the only one in at the moment is the one based on Russell from Up. Link

Aaaaa, ornament, got it. That may also provide results on Amazon and Google. But thanks! That Up one is kinda tempting for one of my WIP 01s actually lol

• Like 1

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

baldylox

Oh yeah, those ornament hats are just about perfect for the DD and SmD girls!  When AsianEd went to Disneyland earlier this year I made him get me a few.  😉

From left to right are the Stitch hat, Mouseketeer hat and Minnie headband.

DSC_0530.JPG

• Like 3

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Beani

Oh man I am dying here! I had always wanted a Mickey headband for my girl (she has her own Duffy bear already) but I never realised they had official items that work for this at the parks! I guess Tokyo Disney may not have these but I’m actually going this week so know to keep an eye out now. Thanks!

Misuka

Tokyo disney has bands, even sizes for 1/6 dolls. Look in the keychain sections.

Edited by Misuka
  • Thanks 1

Beani

@Misuka Thanks so much. I’m so happy with my new purchase! I think it’s a little smaller than the one @DesertPhantom51 has but still fits.

I grabbed some food erasers and keychains too to test scale and am trying to figure out if the popcorn keychains at Tokyo will work for buckets of if the snack cases will be better. I’m thinking the keychains may be a bit on the small side but didn’t get either just yet. Land didn’t have any snack cases I really wanted right now which was a shame. 

3038312D-F41B-44A9-B720-58B7FFBD8027.jpeg

• Like 2

DesertPhantom51

That's adorable on 2B!  I just went to Disneyland yesterday, and they were sold out of just about all of them.  Only ones left were a few of the character ear hats, none of the bands.  I hope they restock and add more variety.  

Beani

@DesertPhantom51 Yeah it is rather adorable. It’s not intended for her long term but she just happened to be the closest. But now maybe I need to buy another band. 

In Tokyo they basically had hordes of this keychain in silver or gold but no other hats that would fit and no ornament style. They had the pompom Mickey cap and Musketeer cap as keychains but they were a lot smaller here.  Maybe 1/5 or even 1/6 at most. 

I happened to find out I won the lottery to buy New Years tickets yesterday for Sea so the research will continue there. Hopefully they will have more on that side. Maybe a Duffy band!

Are the Popcorn buckets a big thing in the American parks? Don’t really feel I can have a Tokyo outfit without one but interested if there are other sized options overseas like with the bands. 

You seem to go a lot so guessing you may be nearby and an annual pass holder? 

DesertPhantom51

@Beani Yes, I live in Southern California and I'm an annual pass holder. I don't live super close, about an hour away, so I usually only get up to Disneyland about once a month, but I had a lot of opportunities this month by chance.  The popcorn buckets have just started becoming a bigger thing in the last year or two, but not nearly to the level they are in Tokyo.  I haven't seen any of them in smaller sizes like keychains or ornaments that would be in doll scale yet.  It's interesting to me what things catch on in different parks.  It's like Duffy Bear, they tried to introduce him here, and he never caught on.  He's all but gone from the parks here now, but I know he's super popular in the Asian parks. If I see other doll sized things I'll make sure to update though! 

Beani

@DesertPhantom51 Lucky! I live fairly close to Tokyo Disney but can't get there enough to justify the annual pass. 

Interesting that the buckets aren't as big a thing there. I knew Duffy flopped in the States before making it big in Tokyo but somehow I figured the buckets would be big everywhere. Asked cause I was surprised no one else had tried for them in scale since you have the bands. 

I'd certainly appreciate seeing any updates on more dolly things at the American parks. I'll do the same for Tokyo goodies when I can, but much like you I happen to be going much more than usual this month (usually it's just a few times a year). So after New Years it may be awhile until I go again (even if I am dying to see the new Beauty and the Beast land, it will just be so crowded all next year after opening I think).

ShinobisDestiny
On 12/16/2019 at 2:36 AM, baldylox said:

Oh yeah, those ornament hats are just about perfect for the DD and SmD girls!  When AsianEd went to Disneyland earlier this year I made him get me a few.  😉

From left to right are the Stitch hat, Mouseketeer hat and Minnie headband.

DSC_0530.JPG

Cuteness overload. Are they avaiable online somewhere?  

baldylox
20 hours ago, ShinobisDestiny said:

Cuteness overload. Are they avaiable online somewhere?  

Thank you!  As far as I know, they are not available online, inside the parks only.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Saku

oh !! the hats are great, they are very good