Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
DivinitaAria

Hi from Ohio!

DivinitaAria

Hello! I'm so glad I discovered this forum yesterday! I'm a BJD owner (seems like there are others here too!) and a member of DoA. I love my two BJDs but I'm ready to add a DD to my family! I'm a cosplayer, so attending conventions has opened my eyes up to Dollfie Dreams. At Ohayocon this year, I was in love when I saw gorgeous Dollfie Dreams during a Sunday doll meetup. That was when I said to myself, oh my god these dolls are amazing in person and I'm completely convinced. I am now in the process of saving up for one!

I've got my future DD planned out (sort of :P). I've got a BJD named Aria after the anime and manga series, Aria the Natural. It's my all time favorite series and has inspired me to name my future DD, Himeya (or Hime for short). The HDD-03 and HDD-04 heads are the two I'm deciding between. She'll most likely be cosplaying along side me, so I'd like to get her a neutral faceup for the different occasions :D

I'm currently a high school graduate (graduated early so I'm inbetween high school and college) still deciding where to go. I'd like to get Hime as a graduation present to myself :3

Hmm, not much to say about myself except that I love cosplaying, I like to get involved with Cosplay Contests at conventions, I'd love to author my own novel one day, and that's me :P Can't wait to get involved!

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

Halcyon

Greetings DivinitaAria,

And, welcome to the world of vinyl!! Just joking there with the world part, but hey, if you like the "animetic looks" of Dollfie Dreams, then I say go for it. Even if Dollie Dreams were based on animetic features, I find their looks to be pretty real at times. Since they are made of vinyl, they are much more delicate and should be carefully attended to. With that said, I feel like I am spoiling my Euphie, LoL. She's getting way too much of my attention, and I bought her too many items.

Anyways, if you ever have any question, just ask. I'm sure everyone here would appreciate the questions! The more you ask, the more I get to do DD-related research, and the more I have to thank you for the questions! XD

Regards,

Gue H. (aka Halcyon)

DD 娘 - Dollfie Dream® Daughters

{1} : DDS [ユ-ピィ] - Euphie

Pupi

Welcome!^^

I was a cosplayer too, but now i'm taking a great break from it (now here cosplay is made to win contests and go to WCS... There's no more fun!)!

Can I ask what kind of novel are you writing?

Have a nice time here!

enthusiast pasta girl - she/her - power bi

Mini Mode Lab

baldylox

Welcome to the forums! It's funny that we seem to be getting a few people showing up from DoA. I am a member there as well.

That's great that you are now wanting a DD. Your cosplay/anime connection is what brings quite a few peopl into this hobby. Anime and Japanese culture is what led me to Danny Choo's site and then it was all downhill after that.

The 03 and 04 heads are good choices. I own an 04 girl and she's loads of fun. I also think you wanting to cosplay with your DD is a cool idea. I can bet not too many people do that!

Like Halcyon said, feel free to ask any questions. Someone will be able to answer it for you as we have lots of knowledgeable people here.

Have fun and I hope you can get your Dollfie Dream soon!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

DivinitaAria

Aw, thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Ilvias: So far, I've nothing yet, but in my senior year of high school I took Mythology with an amazing teacher who encouraged me to keep writing after high school.

A lot of the story lines in my mind are mainly fantasy/romance, which is what I enjoy writing . I've had the idea of writing a giant, role-play-esque novel, in second-person POV where the reader chooses their own journey throughout the book.

I really hope one day I'm fortunate enough to have a novel published :3 I'd also like to be a fashion designer, but that seems like a long shot also ><

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Nakitaninja

Yay!!!! Nice to meet you. ^^ I just got here last week and everyone is so super nice and happy to answer questions. I'm also a DoA member but I really love it here because it's not nearly as huge and everyone is superiorly kind. I love the idea of cosplaying with your DD, I can't wait to see pictures.

Welcome, welcome, welcome~

40283197242_5620dd1681.jpg

mitsuki

Welcome, DivinitaAria!

I think you should get both an 03 and an 04 head. If you have to decide between the two, the 03 is more mature looking and the 04 looks younger to me. Maybe that can help in deciding.

I can't wait to see your daughter when she is finished.

DivinitaAria

There will definitely be pictures of dual cosplay ! My next costume will probably be Rise Kujikawa from Persona 4, and I'll definitely make my future daughter the same costume . That also means I need to go glasses shopping, but Volks' are a wee bit expensive ><

@mitsuki - That's exactly why I can't decide XP Would I prefer a more mature, older look or a younger look? I love the 04's lips, and overall expression, so I'm definitely leaning more towards that head

On a side note, I found an unused tank top, light blue with small strawberries on it and little polka dots, perfect for a casual lolita top :3 Can't wait to make her outfits!

Halcyon
There will definitely be pictures of dual cosplay ! My next costume will probably be Rise Kujikawa from Persona 4, and I'll definitely make my future daughter the same costume . That also means I need to go glasses shopping, but Volks' are a wee bit expensive ><

@mitsuki - That's exactly why I can't decide XP Would I prefer a more mature, older look or a younger look? I love the 04's lips, and overall expression, so I'm definitely leaning more towards that head

On a side note, I found an unused tank top, light blue with small strawberries on it and little polka dots, perfect for a casual lolita top :3 Can't wait to make her outfits!

I agree with Mitsuki. In this case, you are stuck with a mature looking head (03) or a younger and more outgoing head (04). Well, if you are planning on buying a lot of dresses (with the exception of a few casual clothes), then I say go with the 03 head. Otherwise, go with the 04 head if you are planning on buying more casual clothes than formal wears/dresses. But, who say you can't have both? Because, you surely can have both. You just have to buy both heads and see which one you likes best.

The 04 head looks great on dresses too, but it's just that I adore the more passive look of the 03 head.

Best,

Halcyon

DD 娘 - Dollfie Dream® Daughters

{1} : DDS [ユ-ピィ] - Euphie