The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Ui-

[NSFW—doll nudity] Finally... my dream doll. Rem!!

cfx

Different Mandarake store? Time to get the answer can vary anyway but I think some of the stores are pretty consistently faster or slower, though I've never really kept up with that to be sure.

Ui-
7 minutes ago, cfx said:

Different Mandarake store? Time to get the answer can vary anyway but I think some of the stores are pretty consistently faster or slower, though I've never really kept up with that to be sure.

Yep, it was a different store. I want to visit some of these stores lol. The seem to have a lot of awesome stuff. 

kino

Rem is extremely cute! same with your other doll, congratulations on getting them!

Ui-
15 hours ago, kino said:

Rem is extremely cute! same with your other doll, congratulations on getting them!

Thank you!! They shipped my Ram yesterday. Can’t wait to get her and finish the twins 😄 Again though, I must mention, I am NOT looking forward to a second barrette lmao. 

Ui-

I’ve been too busy to open her yet (trust me, it’s killing me), but she came on Saturday. Mailman knocked at my door at noon. Instantly woke up. Like I was half asleep the whole night waiting, because I woke up exhausted and slept the whole entire rest of the day. If I missed signing for it and had to wait until Monday... let’s not think about that. I’m already an idiot for not spending 200 yen more on EMS. I’d have her already haha. 

Here she is with an even less damaged box than the other, though they labeled it as horribly ruined lmao. Thank you, Mandarake. Amazing packaging too. 7BC0B37B-E333-4A67-AAB7-03220F297FB8.jpeg.e5358fbd4858f3d6bf2c1097b57a3c59.jpeg

Now the only one I’m missing is Emilia. She’s my true Holy Grail doll. Idk how long it’ll take me to get her, though...

Ram on eBay for $4000, Emilia for $5000 and I can’t find her anywhere else. It blows my mind how many Rem are showing up on Mandarake and no Ram. The last one that popped up I got as soon as they listed her. Lucky me...

Was she produced in lower amounts because they thought she’d be less popular? It does explain the higher Mandarake prices, but eBay.... wowza. 

Thespian

I've been wondering about the number of Rams produced, too, though it's hard to tell if it's a low production number or simply her unique sculpt leading to her rarity. Pouty, unhappy sculpts are far less common than closed-lipped pleasant smiles.

Congrats on snagging your Ram. I would love one myself, but I'm content to sit and wait out her prices. I don't want to pay $4k for any DD regardless of rarity lol

Kiyomi DDS DDH-06 🧡 Miyuki DDS DDH-06 🧡 Shiori DDS Mariko Summer Festival 🧡 Kanade DDDy DDH-07 🧡 Honoka DD DDH-09

Any pronouns are fine

cfx
19 minutes ago, fishbuttz said:

I don't want to pay $4k

No DD is $4k as long as you aren't paying scalper prices on ebay, and no one should be doing that.

I suspect Ram and Rem aren't likely to go down from their current pricing of around 100,000 yen at places that aren't ripping you off.

Ui-
18 minutes ago, fishbuttz said:

I've been wondering about the number of Rams produced, too, though it's hard to tell if it's a low production number or simply her unique sculpt leading to her rarity. Pouty, unhappy sculpts are far less common than closed-lipped pleasant smiles.

Congrats on snagging your Ram. I would love one myself, but I'm content to sit and wait out her prices. I don't want to pay $4k for any DD regardless of rarity lol

Thank you so much. I was able to get her 104,000¥. I would have paid that much for Rem even, but I got her for 88,000¥. I can see Ram being really popular, and that everyone wants her sculpt. It’s extremely adorable. I’ll make a box opening post of her too because now I have the holy grail twins. Once I get Emilia it’ll be the Trifecta. 

....But no way am I paying $5000 for any DD just like I wouldn’t have bought Ram I’d I didn’t get her for $1000 or less. I offered the guy $1000 on eBay for Ram. Then he denied it and increased the price to $4000. Then cfx PMed me at the same time as I woke up and got a notification from Mandarake about “Lamb.” I instantly bought her on the 24th and got the invoice on the 26th, then shipped on the 28th. 

I still haven’t had the time to unbox her though, because I haven’t been feeling well (bit depresse this month since it’s the 5th anniversary of my best friend’s murder :/)

Ui-
5 minutes ago, cfx said:

No DD is $4k as long as you aren't paying scalper prices on ebay, and no one should be doing that.

I suspect Ram and Rem aren't likely to go down from their current pricing of around 100,000 yen at places that aren't ripping you off.

I totally agree. Same guy has Emilia for $5000 and Shinku for.... $19,999.95. -_-

btw I’ll PM you back soon. I haven’t been feeling well, but I got it and read it. :)

Thespian
3 minutes ago, Ui- said:

I still haven’t had the time to unbox her though, because I haven’t been feeling well (bit depresse this month since it’s the 5th anniversary of my best friend’s murder :/)

I'm terribly sorry about your friend. I'm sure Ram is happy to wait until you're in a better state of mind.

9 minutes ago, cfx said:

Yeah, I know not even Sasara or Saber Lily are that expensive, but the eBay scalpers don't seem to. 100k yen is reasonable given their rarity and release date, but I'd be side-eyeing prices that go any higher. I didn't pay scalper prices for Mariko when she was still rare, I'm not about to start now.

Kiyomi DDS DDH-06 🧡 Miyuki DDS DDH-06 🧡 Shiori DDS Mariko Summer Festival 🧡 Kanade DDDy DDH-07 🧡 Honoka DD DDH-09

Any pronouns are fine

Ui-
29 minutes ago, fishbuttz said:

I'm terribly sorry about your friend. I'm sure Ram is happy to wait until you're in a better state of mind.

Yeah, I know not even Sasara or Saber Lily are that expensive, but the eBay scalpers don't seem to. 100k yen is reasonable given their rarity and release date, but I'd be side-eyeing prices that go any higher. I didn't pay scalper prices for Mariko when she was still rare, I'm not about to start now.

Last Emilia I saw was for 120,000¥. I’d pay that for her. She’s rare enough to warrant it. But $4000 for Ram and $5000 for Emilia? That’s insane. 

But 120,000¥ is doable. Then I have the dream trifecta from my favorite anime.

All I need now is Shiro. I have Jibril, in just waiting on the costume to finish. She’ll be on a DDS body:

4EF79574-969D-4B01-A592-FD9CD4ABCEDA.jpeg.eba8b21b75bd801f5d327e625ff29d66.jpeg

And thank you. I think I’m going to open her now. I need something to get my mind off of it instead of just sleeping, and I think Ram will help with that. 

Jeez I can’t believe how rare she is now... @cfx Thank you so much for the PM when she showed up on Mandarake. A few other people saw her and thought of my post too, whom I’ve talked to. I was surprised so many people people thought of me when seeing her. <3 You guys are the best. 
image.jpg.6c71331e8cd9d81f2b96582355d3e5d1.jpg

*dont complain about another barrette, dont complain about another barrette, dont complain about another barrette* 

Edited by Ui-

Ui-

Okay. She’s all dressed up and snazzy. I have up with the barrette. No idea how Volks got it so perfectly lmao. 

C4A912F3-84CF-4D9E-AE19-F9995EF05B3D.jpeg.2802c35bdad8f8d64bab3ad0cdae0184.jpeg810864FC-10D3-4120-A8CC-758B3E803E12.jpeg.ebdb0a52464efeb840d2e280b5e640eb.jpeg

I really can’t tell. Did they make less, thinking Rem would sell more, or do people simply not want to get rid of this super unique head sculpt? It’s precious:

CE6D895E-6E86-4A0F-91DB-8220EE50BFAF.jpeg.c06909159289da82002d30a105c4fdd8.jpeg

Open mouth frown. Haha she’s adorable. 

cfx
58 minutes ago, Ui- said:

I really can’t tell. Did they make less, thinking Rem would sell more, or do people simply not want to get rid of this super unique head sculpt?

If I were to guess, I'd say both things probably. Looking at scale figures that have been made, I assume Rem is the more popular character, or at least the companies thought so, so it's certainly possible Volks made less of her.

With any given licensed DD, there will be people who want the fullset for the character, and those who just want the sculpt, and since the pouty/grumpy/sad face DDs are fairly uncommon, Ram probably had a larger appeal like that. Rem is cute but her head sculpt doesn't seem hugely different than a number of other recent Volks dolls so may not have had the same appeal for someone looking for a unique sculpt.

Your closeup head picture shows something I wasn't aware of--the little white highlights on the upper eyelashes. I've seen that done on custom faceups but not from Volks.

Ui-
2 hours ago, cfx said:

If I were to guess, I'd say both things probably. Looking at scale figures that have been made, I assume Rem is the more popular character, or at least the companies thought so, so it's certainly possible Volks made less of her.

With any given licensed DD, there will be people who want the fullset for the character, and those who just want the sculpt, and since the pouty/grumpy/sad face DDs are fairly uncommon, Ram probably had a larger appeal like that. Rem is cute but her head sculpt doesn't seem hugely different than a number of other recent Volks dolls so may not have had the same appeal for someone looking for a unique sculpt.

Your closeup head picture shows something I wasn't aware of--the little white highlights on the upper eyelashes. I've seen that done on custom faceups but not from Volks.

Rem has them too, actually. 
image.jpg.9c82b36cb6a9f17ed83d7319c86cdc7f.jpg

Rem is probably the most popular Re:Zero character. Period. So it makes sense that they’d make more. It’s just WILD to me how rare Ram is. I’m SO lucky I got her from that Mandarake listing you and I saw. Thank you so much, again, for that PM. 

cfx
9 minutes ago, Ui- said:

Rem has them too, actually. 

I figured so, for consistency. It's possible Volks has done this before as it's something typically not visible in pictures, but this is the first time I've noticed it.

There's a lot of subtleties to the faceups that typically don't show in pictures like the eye shadow or the two-tone that many of the eybrows have.

Ui-
7 minutes ago, cfx said:

I figured so, for consistency. It's possible Volks has done this before as it's something typically not visible in pictures, but this is the first time I've noticed it.

There's a lot of subtleties to the faceups that typically don't show in pictures like the eye shadow or the two-tone that many of the eybrows have.

Yeah I absolutely love it. I don’t have to redo the faceup. If Towa wasn’t so adorable as-is I would change hers too. But her face is so sweet I can’t.

Thank you for replying to my posts. I really enjoy listening to your opinions. I hope you get Ranko. Truly do. My fingers and toes are crossed for you. I’ll be the first one to jump for joy besides yourself if you win haha. :)

GOOD LUCK!! I want to see that unboxing post!!

Saku

Rem's mold is more beautiful in homemade photos than in volks' photos
congratulations on your arrival, she is beautiful: D

• Thanks 1

Ui-
On 3/1/2020 at 6:29 AM, Saku said:

Rem's mold is more beautiful in homemade photos than in volks' photos
congratulations on your arrival, she is beautiful: D

Totally agree with you here. Volks just doesn’t take good photos... except when they’re taking pictures on their blog. @cfx and I were just talking about that. The dolls always seem to look better when they come home. 

Do you think it’s possible they edit the photos, which causes the eyes and other parts to seem... not as pretty as in person? Emilia’s sculpt is sooo gorgeous yet when you look at her main photos she looks so much different. Bad angles in the photos too. 

Rumi

Oh boy Rem is so cute.. must resist.. i thought i didnt need her until i saw this post LOL. Congrats!!

• Haha 1

Ui-
10 minutes ago, JolyneCujoh said:

Oh boy Rem is so cute.. must resist.. i thought i didnt need her until i saw this post LOL. Congrats!!

Oh, you need her. You definitely do. They’re so cute, the twins. Can’t believe it. So well done. 

You should also check Facebook groups... I just saw a Rem sold two days ago on Facebook. I haven’t checked Mandarake...[goes to check]...until today, and there’s nothing but scary news:

9F183D94-E2AE-41EC-A1C7-B9BF53D51308.jpeg.3712a1597eec344e6483c9e8085dd976.jpeg

Ram is ridiculously expensive now. Wow. That’s about $1,500. 

RainyNights

Congratulations on the two girls! I think Volks did an outstanding job in creating DD version of them. I do have Rem outfit and was curious if they stain at all? (the straps are my main concern). Thank you in advance.

Ui-
On 7/31/2020 at 1:32 PM, RainyNights said:

Congratulations on the two girls! I think Volks did an outstanding job in creating DD version of them. I do have Rem outfit and was curious if they stain at all? (the straps are my main concern). Thank you in advance.

Nope, and if memory serves, even the straps are lined in white. *gets up to not be lazy*

image.jpg.7d791b872e00d85d2d4fc14868534873.jpg

See? The inner sleeves are white too. I’ve had them quite a while now and no staining whatsoever, even with the wigs (of course it’s always best to tread cautiously), and I have removed the clothing on both to check. Hard outfit to put back on though, so it’s nice they can wear it long term. Which is a good thing, since Ram looks pissed I was messing with her corset. 😂

I need to take a family photo sometime, but my Shiro is still being worked on, Towa is being bodyblush freckled, and I haven’t even started on Beatrice’s costume or styling that twirly pigtail wig. Got a DWC-01 SWS head for her. Think it’ll be adorable. DDH-10 for Shiro. 

Obligatory Emilia and Rem selfie:

image.jpg.4b9a1fc40b55b2cc0dc1757f30077b13.jpg

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

RainyNights

@Ui- Thank you so much for confirming and wow your girls looks so good together! 😊

Ui-
On 8/4/2020 at 9:26 AM, RainyNights said:

@Ui- Thank you so much for confirming and wow your girls looks so good together! 😊

Thank you so much, they are my pride and joy lol. I think quite a few people here will understand me when I say that. 

Group pic. 
8717084D-43EA-4A2A-99E9-A63F348A54A2.jpeg.4cf02773842af862b2a1080fb734dbaa.jpeg

• Like 2

PumpKing

Congragts on such a good find! 😉

I keep combing mandrake in hopes I can find my own dream dolls too.