Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

Doll Database

BeyondTime

Awhile back on the old forum we talked about creating a database of information on Dollfie Dream releases. Something useful to people who want information on existing dolls, and people who want create customs. At the time we were talking about having it include profile photos of the heads, and also photos of blank heads. It would also be useful to have information like measurements of the heads, the sculpt number, the default body / bust a doll ships with, perhaps a spot for what it comes with. It might even be useful to have something for brand name clothing as well. Being able to know what outfits fit a DD, and maybe have photos of various DD models wearing an outfit could be really useful given how expensive those clothes are. Perhaps even notes for whether or not an outfit can be easily altered to fit. This could save people a lot of money and hassle.

It would be member maintained, but subject to guidelines for content posted. The idea is an information database, and not a secondary doll directory, or photo gallery. Images would need to be in keeping with that spirit.

I think we have a lot of data scattered around various parts of the forum that would be nice to pull together into something searchable. I was originally going to say something like the DoA doll wiki, but I don't think this should necessarily be a wiki if there is a better way.

Obviously it wouldn't just be Dollfie Dreams at this point, and any of the on topic doll brands would be allowed.

Can something like that be built for the forum?

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Heshiko

I think this would be a really helpful tool for a lot of people. I am a(n occasional) user of myfigurecollection, and while I don't recommend we aim for quite that level of detail, the platform has a lot of utility for getting questions about various figures answered by other people who bought them. 

I think a similar sort of database on the site, with a list of dolls manufactured with chronological sort function and a dedicated page for each doll (with official and user images clearly separated) would be very helpful.

Edited by Heshiko
  • Like 1

Mothiraffe

I absolutely think that would be of benefit for people -- especially for things like different default volks faceups or which SmD share a sculpt. Collating information is always a worthwhile goal, I think!

ISO: SmD Crimson Kai, Interstellar Blue Prowess, Resolute (Tea), all the boys | DD Icon Tawny | Obitsu 55cm, 60cm Bodies | instagram: lunaraffe

BeyondTime

I should probably clarify that when I am asking if something like that can be built, I am wondering if we can implement a software solution within the forum that forum members can then start populating with doll information.

We would also need to develop guidelines for photo submission before anything started.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction