Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
mayaiincho

Camping, Hiking and Photography

mayaiincho

Heya guys as the title states for those that camp/hike with your dolls and do photography any advice ya can give to supplement my own? 

In early March I'll be finally able to join in a longer hiking / camping trip with my friends. It'll be a semi long trek (10 miles but nearly all Iflat ground ) to our campsite and I'll be using my newly acquired camping gear. Rather than tote that Miku doll carrying case which is absolutely terrible for more than a hour while waking around.

I learned that the hard way at the recent convention. I'll be using a dedicated day pack to store some essentials, Alsty and my camera gears which I'll also be carrying with me to camp. I made sure it'll be light (only 22oz) and pretty loaded with features to assist me. 

I've hiked plenty before but this was before I started collecting DDs and snapping photos on my dedicated setup. Been trying to cut weight elsewhere to fit Alsty and my camera geares in. 

Anyhow any advices / tips / tricks / cautions would be much appreciated. 

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

Kymera

I know this is a bit late - and I hope everything went well on your trip - but here's my 2 cents...

Maybe save the doll photography for a day trip or an outing that's been planned specifically for a doll shoot. I know it's tempting to bring your doll on vacation with you, but I've found that I generally want to spend more time with my family or friends that I'm with, instead of puttering with my doll.

I also wouldn't take a doll on a camping trip where you're planning to stay in a tent overnight. If you had a vehicle or a cabin where you could secure her when you're not using her, that would be a lot safer. 

Alternatively

• Have some sort of water-tight plastic wrapping or box that you can put your doll in. That way, if the weather turns or you slip in the mud, etc. you're much less likely to end up with a wet, messy doll. 
  • No small accessories.
  • One set of clothes that you can either wash or you don't mind ruining. 
  • Don't get bug spray anywhere near your doll. (Bug spray softens nail polish, it'll definitely ruin your doll's faceup.)

Happy Trails!

Owned by: Kitsuko (Fox-face) - DDH-09