Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Pit

An idea for volks body stocking

Pit

Since I didn't find some post about it, I think this is the best place to public this crazy idea I came up with. It works with DDdy and DD but I'm not sure about MDD or DDS or any other line Volks offers, because I don't have one.

I have seen some posts saying how ugly the volks DD body stocking is, and that only looks good with full body outfits, despite of the staining protection. I agree with that, specially since I got a coolcat bodystocking for my Alna some months ago. And compared to the bodysuit Volks offers, it looks so much better. 

Now, how to make volks bodystocking aestethically better without modifications? This is a simple solution I found.

Here is Arabelle, the older sister of Alna and Sheryl. Say hello, Ari!

IMG_20200208_125151402-min.jpg.bd9d83920089ca57399cc1e5c6a09b55.jpg

Maybe you can't notice, but she's wearing a volks body stocking. Not in the usual way, though. This is what I'm talking about:

IMG_20200208_124352516-min.jpg.892f8643f44412c3c205cecc04558cc5.jpg

I tucked the suit underneath the bust, and tightened with some ties with the body stocking's sleeves around the internal frame so it keeps in place, without reducing Ari's torso movement. The suit is quite elastic, so don't worry about tearing it. Apologies for not taking photos from the inner frame. The bodystocking fits so perfectly with the bust's internal measurements, that makes it harder to remove and place again.

A profile angle: 

IMG_20200208_124433845-min.jpg.1b267b56bcdc48ba3c652f82b63bbc5b.jpg

And one from the back:

IMG_20200208_124545402-min.jpg.392917655487e076b238991547b088d4.jpg

I made sure to fasten all the buttons, even inside of the bust, just in case. That's up to you. 

Sure, this method doesn't prevent arms and bust to stain and the lower back still looks weird. But in exchange, your doll won't look puffy anymore and it's useful if you handle them from the legs or lower torso; or if you want to dress her with torso -tighted garments in light colors.  

Hope this post helps.

Edited by Pit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Riesz

That's an awesome idea!  I hadn't thought about tucking the suit directly into the skeleton but that is brilliant.  Sometimes if I only want the suit to protect against dark stockings or skirt, I just tie the upper half around the hips using the arms and tuck it beneath the skirt, but this only really works if the skirt is poofy.  I think the suit is alright but it does kinda bug me showing at the neck, so it's nice being able to either fold down the upper part if it's unneeded, or hide the neck seam with a choker or something.

• Like 1

Panda_Dolliess

What a great idea! I'll have to try this method when a got a body that has a 2 piece torso

• Like 1

Pit
23 minutes ago, Riesz said:

Sometimes if I only want the suit to protect against dark stockings or skirt, I just tie the upper half around the hips using the arms and tuck it beneath the skirt, but this only really works if the skirt is poofy.

I did that a lot of times, but around the torso with the "azurite blue" outfit from volks. At first sight looked good and nobody couldn't notice it unless the shirt were unbuttoned. But for me, it was uncomfortable to grab her, because the hump on her back made of the bodysuit sleeves.

Edited by Pit

Aziel2000

NICE ! 
I suppose tucking it will give the strechy fit. I thought about cutting half of a it to remove the bulk from the back , but it kinda defeats the purpose.