Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Testament

Eyelashes & Glue.

Testament

I have some floating heads haunting my house, like everyone else more or less, obviously we're speaking of VMF50 and AP heads.

For example I've an Eri's head and when I bought it, the right eye's eyelashes were almost destroyed.

On another girl... the right (what's with the right side??) was intact but almost unglued.

I get rid of the destroyed Eri's one, well I must admit that she's good even without it, so maybe total removing is a solution...

Anyway, what kind of eyelashes can replace the broken ones? Where do you buy them?

And what kind of glue do you use to fix them in place? 

It seems so difficult on Angel Philia, with eye pockets, etc... operating from the inside is almost impossible.

Any suggestion?

Edited by Testament

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

K-2

Gawd, eyelashes! Ya love the look but hate the install.

My bad advice is I attach them with super glue. Pretty hard core, I know. But those little bastards never come off!

More rational folks use white glue, like Elmer's (don't know what brands you folks in the rest of the world have). Also I just buy the cheapo false lashes at the drug store and trim the width to fit. Just maybe avoid the really long lashes.

Now for the better advice. Lately I've been attaching eyelashes by sticking a small tab of masking tape to the under side (eye side) of the lash, placing a small dot of glue on the top center of the lash, use the tape as a handle by sticking it through the front of the eye socket and grabbing it on the inside of the head. Then I center the lash in position and use the tape tab (bent up against the inside of the head or eyepocket) to hold the lash in place till the glue dries. Once that little dot of glue in the center of the lash sets up, it's tons easier to bend and glue the two ends into position without having to fight the whole lash at one time. I've found this easier to do with my old arthritic sausage fingers. But I still hate doing lashes.

Edited by K-2
  • Like 2

MVSig.jpg

Testament

I have the impression I'll hate it too...

Well, thanks for the advice, I'll try to find human false lashes around and see what I can do.

About glue, we also have "white" glue, it's called "vinylic glue", but I don't know how it's related to vinyl... anyway to my experience I'm pretty sure it'll be right for the job.

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2