Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

OccultBeast

New DD Owner~

OccultBeast

Hi!  I've secretly been interested in Dollfie Dream for years, and just recently managed to find myself an original release DDIII Hatsune Miku for an insane price!  She's been bringing me so much joy every day to see her seated atop my desk~♥  I previously was a BJD owner and spent many years in the hobby before kind of phasing out (I still own a few that are too sentimental to rehome), but allowed myself to purchase Miku after months and months of pining over her.  I've already purchased more clothes and extras for her that I'm waiting to arrive.  My next goal is to wipe her factory faceup and practice new ones on her occasionally, as well as find some optional eyes for her one day, too.  She's my first 'fullset' doll, as all BJD I've owned have been completely custom, but it's been great having everything right away.  No regrets!

In the past year or so I've rekindled my love for VOCALOID and Miku especially, and allowed myself to focus on things that make me happy, which means I own many Miku things now.  Other than that, I love Nendoroids and am obsessed with ACNH.  I post photos of Miku to my Instagram and am currently mod of the r/HatsuneMiku subreddit.

I consider myself a bit of a lurker, especially when it comes to forums, but I'm grateful to have found a place where I can soak up lots of knowledge since this is my first time owning a vinyl doll. ヾ(〃^∇^)ノ♪

• Like 7

MagicalRinchan

Welcome! I only just joined last week, but I have to say it's so nice to see other Vocaloid fans here! 😊

Congrats on the new Miku!!

OccultBeast

Thank you @MagicalRinchan!  I peeked into your welcome thread and just want to wish you the best of luck on your search for a DDS Rin!  I found my DD Miku on Mandarake, which amazingly enough was still shipping out (via DHL Express, about the same price that EMS would have cost me!), so I was able to get her delivered Monday!  Rin is my second favourite VOCALOID, so I'm really hoping you'll be able to get her one day soon! ♥

• Like 1

moerunamida

Congrats on your new girl! I have one DD, Sailor Moon and am new to them myself. Love your profile pic!

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

OccultBeast

@Deyja Thank you!  Sailor Moon has such a cute face!

• Like 1

Zerkala

Welcome! I am both a DD and bjd owner but been finding Dollfies more interesting lately. They're easy to pose and very light and I guess this is great haha. Miku is a cute doll, congrats! I hope to have a Luka someday :)

OccultBeast
5 hours ago, Zerkala said:

I am both a DD and bjd owner but been finding Dollfies more interesting lately. They're easy to pose and very light and I guess this is great haha

Agreed!  Somehow I feel both less worried and also more worried with a Dollfie, but their light weight I think will always surprise me.  I'm so used to picking up my 70cm boy and having to carry him like a baby against my shoulder because he's hefty, yet I can sit Miku on my hand and carry her around as if she were a fairy!  I greatly enjoy not having them kick me accidentally while posing, though.  Or trying to position a joint 87 times before it stops slipping and holds the position I want.  Or pinching my fingers in tight joints.  Or having to worry about snapping off one of their fingers...  Yeah, Dollfies have a lot of great advantages I never considered before owning one. 😂

Kailyn

Understand this. I found all these dolls via BJD communities and was sad to see vinyl dolls get labels not BJD because they aren't strung and made of resin. After much research I made the decision that resin isn't for me and I would focus on vinyl dolls. They are light, less likely to break , ect. Unfortunately that dose limit where I am "allowed" to post my dolls. Feels like the BJD community in generally lumps Dolffie and smart doll in the same category as Barbie.....but that is a whole other topic lol. I was happy to find these forums.

OccultBeast
40 minutes ago, Kailyn said:

Unfortunately that dose limit where I am "allowed" to post my dolls. Feels like the BJD community in generally lumps Dolffie and smart doll in the same category as Barbie.....but that is a whole other topic lol.

A BIG mood.  The vinyl doll community from the start has been more welcoming than the BJD community ever was, at least in my experience of being in it for years.  I also understand that forums have to have 'on-topic' and 'off-topic' limits, otherwise the forum becomes a catch-all that is hard to moderate, but I'm happy to see that DollDreaming welcomes most vinyl dolls, and there doesn't seem to be any negativity toward resin dolls either.

Also everyone is so helpful, it's been great to experience!

• Like 1

Kailyn
1 minute ago, OccultBeast said:

A BIG mood.  The vinyl doll community from the start has been more welcoming than the BJD community ever was, at least in my experience of being in it for years.  I also understand that forums have to have 'on-topic' and 'off-topic' limits, otherwise the forum becomes a catch-all that is hard to moderate, but I'm happy to see that DollDreaming welcomes most vinyl dolls, and there doesn't seem to be any negativity toward resin dolls either.

Also everyone is so helpful, it's been great to experience!

I agree. 

• Like 1