The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Chiakisenpai

Where do you display/keep your dollfies?

Chiakisenpai

At the moment I have both of mine in a detolf, but I was wondering how everyone else displays them. I keep them in a detolf just to protect against dust, I'm a little worried if I move them somewhere else dust might be a problem.

But what do you do? Share your displays and where you keep your dolls !:) 

Monty

I was lucky to get this nice big cabinet from a thrift store for cheap (65AUD). My resins sit up top and the DDs on the bottom. There's less space up the top (half of whats at the bottom) but it works out because my resins are smaller (although it means 1/4 ones cant stand, which is a shame).

Since taking this photo I got two more DDs - 9S and Arle - and if theyre all in there it starts getting a bit cramped. Usually, I have one on my desk and just rotate who that is every now and then. I have the chair stand now so they look extra cute sitting on my desk.

I really like this cabinet because besides keeping the dust off them and keeping them safe from my cat and his hair (and his teeth), it has a pretty decently sized storage area underneath where I can keep all the clothes.

Eventually I'll need more space than this, but hopefully thats a way off. Im thinking of putting something in the back for the ones standing in back to stand on to make them more visible.

• Like 3

Jezrah

I now have far too many dolls to keep in cabinets, so mine live in a few places. Some are in my living room- currently two are sitting on top of one shelf, and one is standing next to my tv on it's stand. I plan to reinstall my floating shelves on the wall behind my couch, and that's where many of them will be displayed. I haven't yet gotten the time to install the shelves after having moved, though, so right now most of them are standing crowded together on my big bedroom dresser. Several of them will continue to live there once the others have moved to the living room, but they'll have more space. Finally, I like to keep one or two of them with me on my work desk in my office, since this is where I spend a majority of my waking time. I do have cats, and need to clean the loose floating cat hair off of them regularly, but I prefer this to not being able to see them at all. I would need like 8 or 9 Detolfs to hold everyone, and I don't have the floor space for that.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

OccultBeast
5 hours ago, Monty said:

Eventually I'll need more space than this, but hopefully thats a way off.

"Hopefully," isn't that a mood 😂

Since I currently only have Miku, she sits on my desk beside me all day!  I'd love to get one of the chair stands, but they're a little pricey (plus I'm going to forever lament over missing the Soda Green chair!), so for right now she'll just have to enjoy little cushions.  I might switch to using a stand for her, especially if I ever get a MDD, who would be able to sit on a smaller cushion and take up a little less space, but for now I have no qualms with her taking up the whole side of my desk~💙

• Like 1

Pit
8 hours ago, Monty said:

I was lucky to get this nice big cabinet from a thrift store for cheap (65AUD). My resins sit up top and the DDs on the bottom. There's less space up the top (half of whats at the bottom) but it works out because my resins are smaller (although it means 1/4 ones cant stand, which is a shame).

Since taking this photo I got two more DDs - 9S and Arle - and if theyre all in there it starts getting a bit cramped. Usually, I have one on my desk and just rotate who that is every now and then. I have the chair stand now so they look extra cute sitting on my desk.

I really like this cabinet because besides keeping the dust off them and keeping them safe from my cat and his hair (and his teeth), it has a pretty decently sized storage area underneath where I can keep all the clothes.

Eventually I'll need more space than this, but hopefully thats a way off. Im thinking of putting something in the back for the ones standing in back to stand on to make them more visible.

Is the cat included with the collection? 

Talking about the topic, my girls dont have any case or cabinets. I can buy one but before that, I was thinking about making some acrylic invididual cases to save some space, and since my collection is small. So I would like to know if this is a good idea.  

Ari_clefairy

When I only had one doll I kept her in a Detolf, but I didn't bring it with me when I moved. Now that I have more space (and 3 more dolls lmao) I don't mind spreading them out. Sonico and my custom mini keep me company at my desk while Rin and Miku are by the video games~

baldylox

I keep my dolls in 3 different areas in my house.  The MDD sized girls stay in their own doll house in my computer room.  I call it the MDD Manor.  😉

49920612503_0ec92328c1_z.jpgDSC_1956 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

Half of my bigger girls stay in the bedroom on top of my dressers.

49920595113_39db32037b_z.jpgDSC_1989 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

The other half stay in the doll room along with all the clothing and accessories.

49920592088_38edd86b5a_z.jpgDSC_1995 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

Billy

• Like 11

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Anna-neko

My girls split time between teh detolf, corner of my desk, and corner of bookshelf

Like sometimes their new look is too cute, so will pose them on desk to be in constant view. Other times will dress them in something non-matching and one will stand on edge of desk, while the other will sit on bookshelf.
Dust is.... dust. They get outfits changed at least once a month, and the A/C vents are on other side of room...so they never get too dusty for it to be a major issue

cfx

I have a dust problem that's unsolvable without moving, which, while I hope I can do someday, isn't feasible now. At the moment my DDs live in their boxes.

@onion4@

However, what I want to do, for now, is something like I saw on this blog. With the cabinet closed I won't be able to see them, but with the doors open it's a nice little display I think.

Edited by cfx
  • Like 1

milkytea

I'd love to have a better dedicated display area, but right now it's just the top of a dresser that unfortunately needs to be reorganized and replaced with a wardrobe. I'm not sure where the dolls are going to go when that happens... I don't actually have space for all of them to be out, so it's just my two big SD girls, one MSD, Azone 50cm Utena, and three Azone 1/6th gals. My other MSD, YoSD, and the DDs are, sadly, in their boxes. ;__; I wish I could have them displayed, but for now it's safer this way. A cabinet with glass doors would be lovely; Utena's black jacket gets dusty very noticeably... 

Sord

I have a cheap, plastic display case that I can use to display a few of my girls in. As for my other girls, they stay on a dresser or table if they won't be out for an extended period of time. But, for long-term storage, I keep them in the Volks carrying case, so they won't get dusty.

Chiakisenpai

Here's a quick photo of my detolf, my two girls are at the bottom but I'm going to get a second detolf so they'll be able to stand:)~

2440998.jpeg

• Like 4

Selenae

Since I lack the room for a Detolf, I actually have three of these in varying heights: https://www.ebay.com/itm/DOLL-Acrylic-Counter-TOP-Display-Case-7x7x17-5-DOLL-Showcase-revolve-avail/331892012723?hash=item4d464e36b3:g:mrMAAOSwBvNToool

Let me tell you guys, I LOVE these display cases. Yes, they're very expensive, and they take time to be made (around two weeks or so), but the craftsmanship is absolutely outstanding. And perhaps best of all, they come with a key lock that allows them to seal in a completely airtight manner, which is very important to me since I live in an environment that is overloaded with dust and pet hair. There's also plenty of room inside for a doll stand so I can display my crew without worrying about them falling over. 🥰

Edited by Selenae
  • Like 3

Singer Yuna
On 5/22/2020 at 6:43 AM, cfx said:

I have a dust problem that's unsolvable without moving, which, while I hope I can do someday, isn't feasible now. At the moment my DDs live in their boxes.

@onion4@

However, what I want to do, for now, is something like I saw on this blog. With the cabinet closed I won't be able to see them, but with the doors open it's a nice little display I think.

Nice secret closet you found!

I’ve found some nice doll rooms from Japan

And Riesz basement of wonders

I’m super fan of Mini Doll Manor of Billy, and his huge display of dolls in every room, the paradise.

in my case, I have the doll boxes full of outfits and a temporal display in the dining room. The rest of them are nude in Volks carrycase, or decapitated. With 2B arrival I had to rescue a broken chinese carrycase for her to sleep.

I don’t like them to stay in the same clothes much time unless they’re total white dressed.

Edited by Singer Yuna
  • Like 2

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

cfx

Those are some really nice doll rooms and made me remember this one @onion24@

• Like 1

TheWhiteRabbit

I love seeing everyone's displays :) My girls hang out on a ladder shelf in my living room. I admit though I am pretty much out of space now, so I think I might change this up a bit soon.

Older photo, but similar set up.  

25713294778_cc919669b3_b.jpg

• Like 6

Follow me on Twitter :)https://twitter.com/WhiteRabbit887

cfx

^I like that setup a lot; they all look like they're just hanging out having a good time. If I didn't have a dust problem I might do something like that.

MegWesley

Everybody has such nice spaces for their girls! My Miku ends up sitting on my desk. Though, I have her kneeling with some socks on right now because I've had some unforseen staining problems with my desk. I forgot that it was black. She does like to hang out on my plush chair in my office though.

Home: Hatsune Miku ♡

baldylox

I’m super fan of Mini Doll Manor of Billy, and his huge display of dolls in every room, the paradise.

Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments!  <3<3 

Billy

• Like 1

kranberrijam

I have all but two dolls on top of a corner desk. The others are on top of a TV cabinet. I'm not a fan at all of how my room is currently set up, so eventually I'd like to get something like the Ikea Kallax shelf to hold books/art supplies and place my dolls on top of. That way they're not so high up that I have to tilt my head to look at them (I'm really short, I have to get a step-stool to even reach them right now). I used to have Detolfs but never put my dolls in them because I like picking them up too often.

Edited by kranberrijam

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

Ui-

I wish I had a place for them too.... I just have them on top of old dresserS in my living room. I’ll be getting rid of them eventually. I’ll probably buy display cases to put there instead since I have so many figures. That’s most of my Dollfies though. Missing Jibril custom and Towa. They’re put away atm. I’ll take Towa out soon. 

30764A79-28EC-40F9-812B-DFE615A285D7.jpeg.973c5480eef165e6b896ba39d2c220fc.jpeg

• Like 2

Janeway

Billy your 18" doll house is dam cool. I would have never thought that a MDD would fit like a dream.

watercolorpastels

I have all my dolls spaced around my living room in like... micro-habitats is the best way i can put it lol.

I keep my resin 1/3s in one group posed in a scene with a chair, and my 1/4 is on her own.

My vinyl ladies have the place of honor on the entertainment center posed together for all to see.

Fortunately my boyfriend is cool with having dollies all over and won't let his friends even start to say they're strange 😂

• Like 1

baldylox
23 hours ago, Janeway said:

Billy your 18" doll house is dam cool. I would have never thought that a MDD would fit like a dream.

Thank you very much!  I got that as a Christmas gift one year.  They are made and sold by Target and you can only get them online.  They are for their in store 18 inch line of dolls that are similar to American Girl.  I knew that my MDD girls were also 18 inches so I figured it would work out well.  After building it and setting the girls up in it, I was proven right.  😄  It cost a couple hundred bucks but I think it's well worth it as a display and a fun home for the girls to live and play in.

Billy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ui-
1 minute ago, baldylox said:

Thank you very much!  I got that as a Christmas gift one year.  They are made and sold by Target and you can only get them online.  They are for their in store 18 inch line of dolls that are similar to American Girl.  I knew that my MDD girls were also 18 inches so I figured it would work out well.  After building it and setting the girls up in it, I was proven right.  😄  It cost a couple hundred bucks but I think it's well worth it as a display and a fun home for the girls to live and play in.

Billy

A couple hundred for a display to display thousands of dollars worth of dolls. 

There is no denying that it’s worth it. I’m just building a museum with humidity controlled cases in my basement. It’s looking good. Renovations are thousands. So. If this is a hobby you put thousands into, you may as well do the same to keep them safe and viewable. 

btw thank you for telling us about where to buy it. I’m getting one now for my MDDs/Minifees/Anifees. Hahaha. Thank you Billy, once again. 

I got that kitchen set for Miku with a knife, a daikon cut in half, and a leek. I’ll make a Mini-Miku and it’ll be perfect. Thanks for the idea, friend.