Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
di-chan123

Recreating a Con Experience

di-chan123

Hello Everyone!

This weekend would have marked Anime North 2020 con event, but thanks to CoVid-19, the con had to be cancelled. So last night I decided I would recreate some experiences and moments that people have when they go to cons. 

Hanging out with friends close by and far away

Sakura and Hotaru made a new friend/sister recently. I still haven't found a name for her yet, but she wanted to cosplay as Aerith and Sakura, so I guess that makes her Cardcaptor Aerith? Sakura dressed up as Arle and Hotaru was a maid kitten

49930037928_8920737b12_z.jpg

Going to a Maid Cafe

Enjoy some tasty treats while watching performances from the maids. Yoko decided this year's theme is Tradition, and chose to serve her guests in Hakama.

49930552016_b265e4e471_z.jpg

Walking around in Cosplay

Ok, this photo I will admit is inspired by my husband and myself. I always dress up and he just chooses to be himself. No shame if unable or not wanting to dress up. It's all part of the experience

49930857377_a2bb0dd947_z.jpg

Cosplay photoshoots

Ok, I have never been to one of these before, but the amount of people that get together from the same series showing off is really cool. Harley and Tomoyo decided to be Super Sailor Moon and Minako respectively. 

49930551581_22812bedae_z.jpg

At the end of the day, everyone got together for group photo. Hope everyone continues to practice safe distancing and washing hands thoroughly. Looking forward to AN 2021

49930037528_a6e09ddd2d_z.jpg

• Like 14

toughstermcg

My heart is still aching from the loss of my local con this year, but this photoset eases that a little bit. It's really sweet! Thank you for sharing this lovely idea.

di-chan123
1 hour ago, toughstermcg said:

My heart is still aching from the loss of my local con this year, but this photoset eases that a little bit. It's really sweet! Thank you for sharing this lovely idea.

Thank you. I feel down as well for not being able to see my friends at con. I feel this is one time of the year I’m guaranteed to see them. But at the same time, I know that they are safe in their homes and that this storm won’t last forever ❤️

Anna-neko

This is fantastic and I absolutely adore every bit of it!!

Future photos theme - we all make matching "con badges" for our girls, and shoot around variously badly lit areas of our respective houses. Best "hotel's ugly carpet" wins!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

baldylox

What an excellent idea for a story!  I love it!  It was really creative and all the situations were just like a real convention!  I think the only things missing were smelly fanboys, a Naruto cosplayer and someone passed out drunk in the hall at 2am.  😄

Billy

• Haha 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

di-chan123
12 hours ago, Chise said:

This is fantastic and I absolutely adore every bit of it!!

Future photos theme - we all make matching "con badges" for our girls, and shoot around variously badly lit areas of our respective houses. Best "hotel's ugly carpet" wins!

Omg I love it! That sounds amazing 🤣 this definitely needs to happen

• Thanks 1

di-chan123
5 hours ago, baldylox said:

What an excellent idea for a story!  I love it!  It was really creative and all the situations were just like a real convention!  I think the only things missing were smelly fanboys, a Naruto cosplayer and someone passed out drunk in the hall at 2am.  😄

Billy

Thanks!! Ah yes, the classic staples of a convention. I’m gunna have to add to this story 

• Like 1

ButtonsMcGee

These are truly adorable! I really do miss Cons. 

Also amazing job with that Tsubasa Sakura cosplay. That was one of my absolute favorite animes back in the day, and it was a pleasant surprise to see her in this photo set.

di-chan123
On 5/25/2020 at 5:33 PM, TheWhiteRabbit said:

Love this! perfect con experience at home lol 

Thanks! 

23 hours ago, ButtonsMcGee said:

These are truly adorable! I really do miss Cons. 

Also amazing job with that Tsubasa Sakura cosplay. That was one of my absolute favorite animes back in the day, and it was a pleasant surprise to see her in this photo set.

Thank you! The outfit was bought second hand. I loved the manga, I think it was the first series I read from start to finish, and collected all the books in high school