Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Ahri

Can you help me identify these sculpts?

Ahri

Hello to all again, I'm looking to identify these sculps.

I have been looking for some DDH heads with these looks.

I haven't been able to find the one I want (Haruka from SQ-Lab), but this sculpts are similar to the idea I have.

Please help!

EXZf5ezUEAEeA1r.jpg

EXZf52gUYAEIXnQ.jpg

Selenae

They are both modified DDH-01s. They're custom-painted and the mouth has been sanded off both.

Edited by Selenae
  • Like 1

Ahri
5 minutes ago, Selenae said:

They are both modified DDH-01s. They're custom-painted and the mouth has sanded been off both.

Really?!

How did you recognize them? Can you teach me?

Selenae

@Ahri There's nothing to teach, per say. DDH-01 is simply the most often-modified head when it comes to custom faceups. You learn to recognize sculpts on your own after awhile, too, so that helps.

Edited by Selenae
  • Like 1

Jezrah

Agreed, these look like modded 01 heads. The 01 is recognizable by the proportions of the width of the face versus the height of the face, along with the jawline. The jawline can be altered a bit, but usually an 01 mod mostly involves removing the mouth and reshaping the nose and eyes. The 01 has the shortest face height, which is why it's so frequently used for MDDs. It just takes time and seeing many examples to recognize a face sculpt. Since the 01 is the most frequently modded sculpt it has the most examples out there. It's like how if you're only somewhat familiar with a person and they change their haircut or beard you might not recognize them, but if you are really familiar with a person you know them anyway. Of course, sometimes it can still be hard to identify a customized sculpt, but this most often happens with a limited sculpt that you're less likely to have seen with different makeup. In that case, you can always still ask the forum for help.

• Like 2

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Misuka

Agreeing with modded DDh-01 heads comments. Shows up on YJA in assorted forms often if you want a customized sculpt. It isn't that expensive of a head to try on your own, either.

• Like 1

Ahri
11 hours ago, Selenae said:

@Ahri There's nothing to teach, per say. DDH-01 is simply the most often-modified head when it comes to custom faceups. You learn to recognize sculpts on your own after awhile, too, so that helps.

Haha thanks, I though there was a easy way to identify them. I'll just keep examining them and learning

Ahri
10 hours ago, Jezrah said:

Agreed, these look like modded 01 heads. The 01 is recognizable by the proportions of the width of the face versus the height of the face, along with the jawline. The jawline can be altered a bit, but usually an 01 mod mostly involves removing the mouth and reshaping the nose and eyes. The 01 has the shortest face height, which is why it's so frequently used for MDDs. It just takes time and seeing many examples to recognize a face sculpt. Since the 01 is the most frequently modded sculpt it has the most examples out there. It's like how if you're only somewhat familiar with a person and they change their haircut or beard you might not recognize them, but if you are really familiar with a person you know them anyway. Of course, sometimes it can still be hard to identify a customized sculpt, but this most often happens with a limited sculpt that you're less likely to have seen with different makeup. In that case, you can always still ask the forum for help.

Wow, those are some characyeristics I have to watch the next time I need to identify some scupts.

I knew it has the shortest vertical dimension, but  that was all I knew. Thanks, this is very useful to know indeed!

Ahri
1 hour ago, Misuka said:

Agreeing with modded DDh-01 heads comments. Shows up on YJA in assorted forms often if you want a customized sculpt. It isn't that expensive of a head to try on your own, either.

I want to try it on my own, but all are selling blank heads over 100 dollars, when the blank in Volks is around 40-50 dollars.

OccultBeast
54 minutes ago, Ahri said:

all are selling blank heads over 100 dollars, when the blank in Volks is around 40-50 dollars.

That's pretty fair.  Having done other types of figure/doll customizations, I'd gladly pay someone $50 to do the customization work so I didn't have to.

SakuraRose

I guess recognizing sculpts gets easier over time and when you've seen them in person (not necessarily owning them because meetups). Seeing all the different angles helps a lot. I can always recognize Saber's immediately since she was my first doll. There are definitely some super skilled artists can transform sculpts so much (even without modding) that they're hard to recognize. I hope you manage to find a Haruka though! It's such a cute sculpt and kind of reminds me of Sasara.

Ahri
2 hours ago, OccultBeast said:

That's pretty fair.  Having done other types of figure/doll customizations, I'd gladly pay someone $50 to do the customization work so I didn't have to.

Nono, over 100 dollars without customization. I would definitely pay more for a customization.

But right now, none of the artist i Have been looking for, had an Angelphilia in tan to match de skin :(

Edited by Ahri
Needed to add more information
  • Like 1

Ahri
26 minutes ago, SakuraRose said:

I guess recognizing sculpts gets easier over time and when you've seen them in person (not necessarily owning them because meetups). Seeing all the different angles helps a lot. I can always recognize Saber's immediately since she was my first doll. There are definitely some super skilled artists can transform sculpts so much (even without modding) that they're hard to recognize. I hope you manage to find a Haruka though! It's such a cute sculpt and kind of reminds me of Sasara.

Sasara has a beautiful and angelical sculpt.

I do believe those two, with Saber are the easiest to recognize, they have some special characteristics.

OccultBeast
8 minutes ago, Ahri said:

Nono, over 100 dollars without customization. I would definitely pay more for a customization.

Ohh I see~  Flesh is still in stock at least, but you'll likely have to look out for a restock from VOLKS if you're looking for Semi-White.  The US site doesn't have it, but the JP shop lets you sign up for in-stock notifications!  Probably the best bet if you want to (understandably) spare yourself the $100 after market price tag.

Ahri
34 minutes ago, OccultBeast said:

Ohh I see~  Flesh is still in stock at least, but you'll likely have to look out for a restock from VOLKS if you're looking for Semi-White.  The US site doesn't have it, but the JP shop lets you sign up for in-stock notifications!  Probably the best bet if you want to (understandably) spare yourself the $100 after market price tag.

Yes, I did see on the international.

They have it in store!

I'll buy from Volks i believe!

• Like 1