Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

mayaiincho

New clothing woes?

mayaiincho

Heya guys, so about a week and a half ago I got my order from Alice's Collections from the maker MU Studio. I ordered about maybe 15 items with the largest purchase being a full dress set. All of the accessories and clothes are all great both in terms of material and the tailoring, I was really impressed then of course I saw a screw up on one of the tops I purchased.

1111.jpg.e94112a63eaa4b02fecc735586b1aa8e.jpg

On the shoulder where the sleeve connects to armhole there is extra material that I personally feel should've been trimmed down and create a seamless appearance like the product pictures. I was pretty disappointed when i saw this shirt like this. I emailed Alice's Collection and they contacted MU studio and unfortunately AC stated this is normal. Other than the full dress set I purchased, this top i was really looking forward to to use for a photo shoot. Now i'm stuck with a shirt i'll probably never use and I doubt I have enough skill to trim it down to properly. I dunno... i feel pretty frustrated, I waited 4 months for this... the price of it is barely pocket change but it's just annoying to get such a perfect shirt for them to screw up on it. I guess all i can do now is request a refund.

I better stop here before I say even more unnecessary words about them, i feel at the point i'm just venting.

I just dunno where I have a very similar shirt where it doesn't suffer this issue.wfGgh09.jpg.11018032c963477da6db29c56b8a281b.jpg

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

Jezrah

To me, it looks like you wouldn't need to trim any fabric. Instead, the shoulder seam would need to be taken out, and then it would need to be re-sewn with that ruffled up section shifted to be smooth, which would move any seemingly excess fabric towards the armpit. If there is still too much fabric it can be taken in at the sleeve seam. 

If you don't have any sewing skills, I would suggest asking around with your friends and family. It should be fixable by anyone with sewing skills, either by hand or by machine.

Of course, if you would rather return it, that's absolutely up to you.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

mayaiincho

Alice's Collections responded so I sent them some photos of the shirt on Marisa to explain how off the shirt is.111.jpg.9b01f0455e896c784829814d212c5464.jpg222.jpg.dc7b4b74a28e70d005e2a0590336b665.jpg555.jpg.976e83d87d3c244b408071375513c185.jpg

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

Oliver

I personally find it kind of hard to find a good pair of pants that my dolls can actually sit in. Ive accidently ripped some sadly... 

mayaiincho

Alice's collections is going to replace that shirt for me though. It took me several emails and a threat to refund before they asked MU studios again whether or not that puff on the shirt was standard. 

Edited by mayaiincho
  • Like 1

mayaiincho

Well... I got a replacement but they really screwed up. Material quality is the same, and the puff on the shirt is much more unnoticeable and it's i would say is perfectly acceptable till i dug further. At the moment I feel like MU Studios is giving me a shi**y replacement to spite me because their first product didn't match their sample photos and I asked for a replacement. \

I really feel like i'm just complaining about it now but not like their replacement is truly a replacement but a rushed job to fix their own mistake.

The first one I got the edges were finished to mitigate fraying but the replacement they did jack squat and just gave me a raw edge sewn together on my replacement. No professionalism at all, tsk tsk MU Studio. Bottom one is the first, top one is the replacement. This practice goes throughout the entire shirt where any two edge meet. It's only a 15$ shirt but god damn, they give me a POS replacement.

tba2ITQ.jpg?1

T6Osxq0.jpg?1

gK731wP.jpg?1

d2SOkcD.jpg?1

Edited by mayaiincho

Ayuuya

If it bothers you, you could always contact AC again? Especially if you had to pay additional shipping to get the replacement sent to you...

Although at this point I don't really think AC can do much about it. 

Jezrah

If it's any consolation, that looks like a knit fabric that won't fray anyway. Serging the edges looks nicer, but is not necessary for a fabric that won't fray. I personally don't own a serger, so this is how something I would make would look inside for this kind of fabric. I only take an extra step of using a fray lock or rolling the hems (which can add bulk) for frayable fabric.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg