Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Galvatim

FFVII Tifa Lockhart

Galvatim

I'm putting together a new project, a DD based on Tifa Lockhart of Final Fantasy VII.

50098604258_778841dc8a_c.jpg

I already have the outfit, picked this up from Dollgerie earlier this week.  

50098603598_0184a6552a_c.jpg

Test fit on Natsuki.  I'm thinking a DDIII L bust one-piece torso body.  

Head: 07 with custom face-up.  Probably based more so off of the original FFVII or Dissidia art, rather than the Remake, despite the outfit being Remake.  

That leaves the wig, eyes, earrings, boots and gloves.  

Reference:

50099541432_c6429ab9c1.jpg

50098734278_0493d690bb.jpg

FFVII Remake Tifa.

50099312161_57b9f2d2e4_n.jpg

Original Tifa.

50099541457_e1fdbdaf41_n.jpg

I believe this is Dissidia Tifa?  Never bothered with that game, but it's definitely an updated version of her.  Still more anime than the much more realistic look of Remake.  I have no issues with Remake Tifa, I just think the original look suits the DD head sculpt ascetic better.   

• Like 2

RainbowNanaki

I'm so excited to see how this project turns out!! I am a FF7 diehard, though most other fans don't pick up the reference in my username 😅 I definitely understand wanting to more closely match the original art style, as it will make things look a lot more coherent. Though the annoying fan in me wants to share the knowledge that Tifa is consistently depicted as having only one earring, heh. That said, I am hype to watch this unfold!! I've definitely considered making a Cloud cosplay for my Smart Doll boy, though I only have experience with tackling Cloud's hair in human-scale 🤔

He/Him --- I like making stuff --- Please don't make sexual/lewd comments about my dolls, thank you!

At Home: Tyler (Akira 2nd), Adrienne (Smart Doll Mirai Cortex), Bryan (Smart Doll Eiji, cinnamon ver.)

Waiting For: Nothing atm

Wishlist: Smart Doll Crimson Kai in tea skin

Galvatim

@RainbowNanaki I have wondered if your screen name was a reference to Red XIII.  I did start a game where I even called him Nanaki, leading to a couple moments like "Nanaki's name is Nanaki?"

It does seem that Tifa only wears one earring, whether it be a purposeful design choice, or just laziness on the part of Square, since her right ear is rarely seen.  Dollgerie just so happens to sell her Wall Market outfits, and she has a different earring for the blue dress, so I'll need to find that someday.  

I probably should have bought the Wall Market dresses first, just watch Volks announce Aeris and Tifa as this year's preorders.  

• Like 1

Singer Yuna
5 hours ago, Galvatim said:

Just watch Volks announce Aeris and Tifa as this year's preorders

My heart would go outside my mouth if that happens xD

Galvatim, how it looks the dollgerie outfit without the black top, just the white?

(offtopic: Nanaki, I’ve never found a FFVII fan from my side who don’t know the reference in case it makes you feel better)

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

Galvatim
2 hours ago, Singer Yuna said:

Galvatim, how it looks the dollgerie outfit without the black top, just the white?

The black bits are sewn to the white top.  I know I have a plain white sports bra style top somewhere, which would work for Classic Tifa, probably best on DDdy.  The pocket parts of the skirt aren't removable, but the suspenders are.  

Oh, the top is lined pretty well, for the most part, and the skirt has a white inner skirt to prevent staining.  I didn't try the thigh highs, I'll probably get some white ones from Cool Cat to put under them.  

• Like 1

Galvatim

50220860542_ef224e3f18_c.jpg

My DDdyIII 06 girl wearing the Tifa outfit, and some brown wig I had around.  Need to get some red eyes.  I honestly can't remember what I named this girl, so I think she's going to be Tifa from now on.  

If anyone wants to use my DD-F3/07 head plan, please do.  My 06 girl deserves to get more attention, so I'm probably going to stick with her for my Tifa project from here on out.  

• Like 1

Galvatim

50226629463_4eaf94ac9e.jpg

Switched 06 girl (I remembered her name: Kokoro) to a DDIII L bust.  The outfit fits better, I think.  

I was looking at Volks' red eyes the other day.  There are probably better options out there.  Wig shouldn't be too hard to work out, long black wig, coming down to her thighs/past the skirt.  Add a red ribbon and do some styling.  I'll order some white thigh highs for under the black ones shortly.  I'll just get some red boots to start with, maybe I could craft some straps around the tops.  

The gloves are going to be trouble.  I have DDdy Yoko, so Tifa could borrow her gloved hands some of the time, but a dedicated pair would be best, and in fists would be even better.  It shouldn't be too hard to get some black detached sleeve type bits, but the armor parts might be a challenge.  Maybe someone else has modeled them for 3D printing on Shapeways or somewhere?