Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

vanisher

Wig fitting that’s to big

vanisher

I bought a wig off of booth for my snow miku and it’s too big it’s a 9-10 I tried a head cap and because the pigtails are so heavy it just slides back is there any way to mod it so she can wear it? It’s so pretty and I’m bummed she can’t wear it. 

Pit

One advice i can give you, It's measuring your doll head before any purchase. It might sound too obvious but sometimes we forgot these little details (it happened to me). Anyway, as far as I know, dollfie dream head sizes are 7 - 8 or 8 -9. Never bigger than those measures.

For your case, I recommend trying a silicon head cap or velcro beneath the wig so decrease the chances for it to fall down.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Pit

vanisher

Yes I know they said in the description it was a 9-10 and you can use a wig cap for fitting but the weight of the tails is heavy.  I have a 9-10 for my sailor moon but the fibers are lighter kanekalon fibers so with a cap it fits just fine. I thought about gluing a magnet to the inside or velcro but I don’t want to stick anything to my mikus head. 

Jezrah

Afaik the only things to be done for a wig that's too big are either bulking up the head width with multiple head caps, which can give a mushroom headed look, or if the style allows it, you can snip a V shape out of the back, and sew it up tighter. This generally only works if the wefts are sewn in a typical pattern with the hair pointing down, and may involve resewing some of the wefts in the back to make it lay flat again. 

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Yumeiro

Adding a few light stitches to the rim of the cap (inside, at the back)..? It has worked for me in the past.
Can't hurt to try at least, since you can just remove them if it ends up being too bulky/bubbly.

• Like 1