Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Syko

Fortifying parts for my AP/Obitsu/Parabox

Syko

Hello! I tried search the forum but couldn't find anything. 

I was wondering if there are fortifying parts I can buy for my girl. (She's an Angel Philia)

I know Cool Cat sells some for DDs but I was wondering if there was something similar for Obitsu/Parabox. 

Or 

If there's something at home I can do to help reinforce my girl better. Her ankle joint arrived broken and I think her hip joint is about to give up. 

Thanks in advance!

Chilmark

Do you live in an area with a hobby store, or a fine arts stores with an architectural modelling section like Blick?

Model airplane builders and other modellers will often use various sizes and gauges of aluminum tubing, you could bring the frame parts to the store and see if anything fits snuggly over them to make a fortifying cuff.

Aluminum (what Cool-Cat's frame parts are made of) is easy to cut by hand with a hacksaw, hacksaws aren't very expensive and you can use sandpaper/emery nail file to smooth the cut edges.

K-2

The receiving tubes on many joint parts (shoulders, hips, etc.) can be reinforced with small nylon zip ties.

ZT01.jpg

ZT02.jpg

At some point I will probably do a full verbose tutorial on this but for now I just wanted to get the basic info posted.

• Like 2

MVSig.jpg

K-2
On 8/28/2020 at 7:39 PM, Syko said:

If there's something at home I can do to help reinforce my girl better. Her ankle joint arrived broken and I think her hip joint is about to give up. 

Angel Philia bodies are manufactured by Obitsu Plastic Manufacturing and are the same as the Obitsu 50cm body. So all Obitsu internal skeleton parts (and some external vinyl parts) are identical to AP parts. AP gets custom exterior vinyls from Obitsu as well as the exclusive tan skin parts. Their white skins are identical. Replacement parts can be purchased from Parabox and Obitsu Shop online. If you're outside of Japan you'll need a proxy to shop at the Obitsu Shop, but not Parabox. Shipping a single part to the US can run you $25-$30+ so make the purchase worth while (option hands, wrist joints for the option hands, extra neck piece, wigs, eyes, etc.). The only place you might run into trouble is on the tan AP bodies where the joint parts show between the exterior vinyls (ankles, knees, shoulders, elbows, and wrists). Interior parts that don't show (neck pieces, upper torsos, spines, lower torso, and hip joints) can be either color. Tan skeleton parts can be purchased from Angel Philia (proxy needed) and FaithZ, but they don't restock very often.

To my knowledge no one makes reinforcement parts for the Obitsu 50cm body mainly because unlike Dollfie Dream bodies, replacement parts have always been available for most Obitsu bodies. So instead of buying "patches" for failing parts you could always just buy a new part at a very reasonable price.

I have a couple tutorials you might be interested in looking over. One addresses replacing the torso vinyl, which requires removing the legs so there is some info on proper assembly of the leg/hip joint and what can go wrong there.

http://www.dolliehsanctuary.com/sanctuary/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11764

This other one is on tightening loose ankle joints. It also details ankle/foot disassembly, necessary if you are changing to or from flat or heel feet.

https://www.dolldreaming.com/topic/3536-vmf50-amp-angel-philia-discussion-thread-nsfw-doll-nudity/?do=findComment&comment=156178

MVSig.jpg

chef_mai

I did a bust swap yesterday, and in the process of reinserting one of the arms, the shoulder joint cracked. I'm trying to shore it up with glue for now, but does this level of damage warrant a replacement of the part?

Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 9.16.39 AM.png

samseramsamsam

Okay don't shoot me, but for one of my AP girls I used straight up heavy duty Tape XD (it's called repair tape, 'Reparaturband'). Mine is grey, but I know that it exist also in transparent! 

Cut thin and short stripes to sort of wrap around the tube to reinforce. Holds like a charm, so far at least. 

chef_mai

Hmm, I'll give that a try! The glue didn't help all that much. Maybe I didn't apply it right or need to use something more potent like superglue.

I have a new part on order, but it will be a month or so before it arrives.