Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
BeyondTime

Head cap size

BeyondTime

I'm looking to replace my Mio Akiyama's hard vinyl head cap with a soft vinyl cap take from one of the Volks option heads. The inside dimensions of her cap are 2 5/16" long and 1 15/16" wide. The outside dimensions are about 2 13/16" long and 2 3/8" wide.

I want a cap that I can easily remove, so I can reposition her eyes as needed for photos, and I am willing to buy an option head to get it. Does anyone know which option head would be closest to those dimensions?

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Subaru

I don’t know if Sakura Matou has a similar head-size, but I replaced her headcap with a DDH-06.

For an MDD head like Ayu Daikuuji, I was able to use a DDH-10. 

I’m not at home right now so I can’t give you the exact measurements at the moment.

-=-=-=-

In theory, I think most headcaps SHOULD fit if the heads are within the same ball park size.

I try to group heads in the following categories

Smaller than average: Rise, 2B, Sheryl, most MDDs and etc. 

Average: Saber, Lily, Yukiho and etc

Larger than average: Rin Kagamine, Miku, DDH07 and etc.

I thinkkkkkk Mio might fall into the “average” category so you might be able to get away using a DDH-06.

Edited by Subaru
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

BeyondTime
5 hours ago, Subaru said:

I thinkkkkkk Mio might fall into the “average” category so you might be able to get away using a DDH-06.

Thank you for replying.

If it helps, I have a DDH-09 that I picked up in the hopes of making a custom Mika Jougasaki, and the cap for that is way too small for Mio's head. I also just compared Mio's cap to Snow Miku's, and the inner ring on Miku's is maybe 1/16 of an inch larger than Mio's so maybe a DDH-07?

Knowing that Saber Lily may match DDH-06 is really useful too, because she's next on my list for a new head cap.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

BeyondTime

The 07 head Cap is about 3/16th of and inch too large for Mio and 09 head cap is about 3/16 of an inch too small. Is there a head that is right in between those two in size?

The 09 cap was a perfect fit for Saber Lily. 

BeyondTime
On 8/29/2020 at 4:42 PM, Subaru said:

The 06 cap fit her head better than an 07. Got her a new DD-f3 body in the process too.

• Like 1

Subaru
23 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

The 06 cap fit her head better than an 07. Got her a new DD-f3 body in the process too.

Ohh thats great news! Now you gotta do something with those extra heads 😉

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

BeyondTime
21 hours ago, Subaru said:

Ohh thats great news! Now you gotta do something with those extra heads 😉

The capless ones or the 007?

Actually the 09 won’t stay capless either; that one is becoming Mika one day. I just need to get a closed eye 007 and give its cap to Lily.