Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
forged_in_mess

Fully disassemble and assembly again?

forged_in_mess

Hello :)

I never owned a smart doll, but Im very into modifications and finding out how things work. With resin dolls - I like it that I can easily put them apart to understand the channels and stringing. 

So here comes my question. Is it possible to disassemble a smart doll, put apart the skeleton  and build it from scratch again? Or it demands some permanent connections, that are done once during putting it together and can't be put apart? I heard that Cortex shells - once placed are staying there forever or breaking, but couldn't find info about vinyl. 

Thank you in advance ❤️

Silent

Hi.

Vinyl is more disassamble friendly, you need just to heat it in box with hair-dryer. Skeleton is possible to put apart. You might have problem with smart-soket where telescopic stand goes. 

I couldnt find disassembly viedos, but these two assemling videos maybe might help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PzT30vOZnA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5D_FMH7v1E

edit: there is sometimes samurai kit but it is in experiment stage (no varanty) and sells out very quick. Also you need to cut out the flash from molds - this is pretty hard to do no matter have big fun it is. 

Edited by AmaFromEU

forged_in_mess

I actually thought that kits are exclusive to cortex, no kits for vinyl. And as cortex idea is dead - thought that any kits are done as well. Is there any leaked secret info if vinyl ninja kits are in somewhat near future? Would actually love to buy some really damaged doll, but can't see any sales in Europe, and I won't be messing around with taobao etc.

Silent

I am not sure how is it with simplicity kits. Other vinyl kits are in testing stage and sold sometime in very small batches. But they sell out as warm bread like men say. Maybe you may try to join multiple smart doll facebook groups if you dont watch Dannys social media for news. (IG, twitter, fb fanpage) .Not sure if any of groups will give you secret infos.

Also there are groups on facebook based in europe some them focusing on sales. Smart dolls are pretty but hard to buy cheapear on secondary market. Also they are often in good conditions so you may hardly find some damaged. On the other hand you may create in some of those fb smart doll groups post with WTB tag. Here on forum are some sales but internet dimension is very big very diversified.

Anyway, good luck with your hunt. 😉 

• Thanks 1

Q_T
55 minutes ago, forged_in_mess said:

I actually thought that kits are exclusive to cortex, no kits for vinyl. And as cortex idea is dead - thought that any kits are done as well. Is there any leaked secret info if vinyl ninja kits are in somewhat near future? Would actually love to buy some really damaged doll, but can't see any sales in Europe, and I won't be messing around with taobao etc.

There is a simplicity kit that is coming out. But it is a "Special portal"

• Thanks 1

forged_in_mess

I actually follow everything and try to set up email notifications, but not a clue what special portal is tho 😂😅

Q_T
1 hour ago, forged_in_mess said:

I actually follow everything and try to set up email notifications, but not a clue what special portal is tho 😂😅

There will be a notification that links to a page where you can order the doll when allowed  ie "special portal"

• Thanks 1

forged_in_mess

Thank you, I don't actually think that I signed for right emails. Any tips how to sign for particular Simplicity notification?